MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3?

Back to flying and stomping...
pimp.gif

Man #%@* Sentinel. I was hoping this game would require some skill, and not just assist spam bull#%@# like the last game. Hopefully it won't depreciate the game w/ everyone grabbing Storm/ Sent/ Iron or whatever.

No cammy, gambit, cable... still have ironman but still 
frown.gif

Gonna have to come up with a new team.

just need to find someone to replace strider for team clockw0rk. i'm anxious to see different team strats

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

Man #%@* Sentinel. I was hoping this game would require some skill, and not just assist spam bull#%@# like the last game. Hopefully it won't depreciate the game w/ everyone grabbing Storm/ Sent/ Iron or whatever.

can you even play as sent, storm, mag? it definitely requires a lot of skill and is not just spamming. learning fast fly/unfly/resets and all that is *NOT* easy at all, period.

Originally Posted by bamez

just need to find someone to replace strider for team clockw0rk. i'm anxious to see different team strats

IMO dante will replace strider unless strider is dlc.

Originally Posted by debs 168

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

can you even play as sent, storm, mag? it definitely requires a lot of skill and is not just spamming. learning fast fly/unfly/resets and all that is *NOT* easy at all, period.
I choose not to.  I enjoy my time with Psylocke/ Venom/ Rogue or just middle tier characters, even Jin or Strider as well.  All I am saying, is I've run into too many matches where I've seen the assist spammers, and whatnot, and it annoys me, personally.  I understand you have to win, but there are other ways.  I've taken out many a Sentinel, and left people looking like chickens with their heads removed, not knowing what to do/ knowing how to combo or anything of the sort.  I just hate it, the easy win tactics.  I've played fighting games since Kof 94' and Fatal Fury special bout.  I've done my share of cancels into supers, countering into other moves, mid jumping, cross up otgs, linking yadda yadda.. the whole nine.  So 'Definitely' requires a lot of skill is probably translated to youtube.com/gamefaqs/srk, learn and go to training mode.  If it's possible to do in the game, via learning it off of youtube or gamefaqs.com or w/e ...it's not requiring that much compared to other games.  I just chose not to be a sheep and play that way.  If you guys enjoy it, by all means, have your fun.  I'll be in my xbox live party, playing with my friends that I know aren't cheap or spam assists in a sequential method to OTG and/or chip every bit of energy.

not mad, though.

using that logic, anything is possible to learn.
if you're willing to be taught and you're willing to put the time in then anything can be learned in any game.

my point is that what you see as spam is not so. its strategy. its not even about winning necessarily but thats how these characters play in that game. what you see is how you should play that particular character.

it would be like someone saying strider is cheap because all he does is attack attack attack, orbs, doom assist, etc.

but thats how that character plays. thats how a person HAS to play that character in order to be effective. why CHOOSE to handicap yourself?

if you aren't doing resets/infinites with mag (and psy assist), fast fly/unfly with sent then you aren't winning with those particular characters. what i'm talking about and what i think you're talking about are two different things. its not about spamming an assist, its about landing that critical hit to start your shenanigans and/or zoning and/or keeping the opponent in block stun to set up an unblockable or whatever.

playing the characters that most ppl love to hate and winning with them takes skill. period. i challenge anybody that calls these characters cheap to try to do any of the %**+ you see in match vids or in the arcades or on psn/xbox live BEFORE you start calling these strategies cheap. it takes mad long to get good with storm, mags or sent.

is it even possible to do stuff like Cl0ckwork with a regular controller?

im not dedicated enough to put the cash out for a fighting stick

Oh yes, on that note, I PRAY TO GOD this game will have Macros. Do you know how much of a pain in the %%@ it is to have to hit square + triangle to do a Super instead of just hitting R1 after playing it on the PS2?

just cop a te fight stick. if you look at the gameshark store, they have buy one get one free deals from time to time. i got two sticks for the price of one awhile back.

and clockwork is clockwork...nobody plays like him lol.

but i had a sick strider/doom, minus being able to wave dash using controller. you need to use a stick in order to effectively wave dash. IMO if you're serious about the game you'll cop a stick if you don't have one.

I thinking about getting a stick too but after playing these games for so many years with a PS controller, would it be hard to readjust?

using that logic, anything is possible to learn.
if you're willing to be taught and you're willing to put the time in then anything can be learned in any game.

my point is that what you see as spam is not so. its strategy. its not even about winning necessarily but thats how these characters play in that game. what you see is how you should play that particular character.

it would be like someone saying strider is cheap because all he does is attack attack attack, orbs, doom assist, etc.

but thats how that character plays. thats how a person HAS to play that character in order to be effective. why CHOOSE to handicap yourself?

if you aren't doing resets/infinites with mag (and psy assist), fast fly/unfly with sent then you aren't winning with those particular characters. what i'm talking about and what i think you're talking about are two different things. its not about spamming an assist, its about landing that critical hit to start your shenanigans and/or zoning and/or keeping the opponent in block stun to set up an unblockable or whatever.

playing the characters that most ppl love to hate and winning with them takes skill. period. i challenge anybody that calls these characters cheap to try to do any of the %**+ you see in match vids or in the arcades or on psn/xbox live BEFORE you start calling these strategies cheap. it takes mad long to get good with storm, mags or sent.
I feel you.  What I was trying to convey was basically, to me at least, there is more satisfaction excelling with a less popular, or mid level characters.  Not saying you are handicapping yourself, but no one is original with it.  If you face anyone online with these top tier beamers and and whatnot -- it's like what's the use unless you are coming at them with the same types of chars, cause you're right ... you're not winning at all.  I just hope there's more balance, diversity, and people don't have to pick from 5 people just to win and compete.  All I'm saying. 

keep in mind that (essentially) everybody will start from scratch with the release of mvc3 so if you're thinking about copping a stick now would be a great time to get one and get some practice in with whatever game to get used to the stick before the game drops.

the te stick took awhile for me to get used to when i first got one because of:

-the sensitivity
-the extra buttons

but i'm used to it, now. you can always mod it to make the stick tighter and change the buttons so that they aren't as responsive. you could even change the artwork and take out the extra two buttons and choose not to cut out the parts for the extra buttons making it a six button stick if you wanted to.

g/l.

Originally Posted by iHust1e

I thinking about getting a stick too but after playing these games for so many years with a PS controller, would it be hard to readjust?

It will take a week to a month to learn to play on a stick if you haven't used one in years.. To be really good at the game (more competitive) you most likely need a stick (nomo). If you want to play leisurely a pad is just fine, but you won't be great at the game unless you're one of those rare breeds like vangief (super sf4 player)

i really hope we get an american style stick sometime soon tho. bat top with the row of buttons not being arched.
and six buttons. like:
psbigsmalldt3.jpg

it could happen because the mortal kombat stick thats dropping soon is a throwback to how mk was in the arcades.

Designer-Makes-An-American-Fighting-Stick-For-An-American-Fighting-Game-Mortal-Kombat_nmKrA_1.jpg

but it probably won't.
frown.gif

i really hope we get an american style stick sometime soon tho. bat top with the row of buttons not being arched.
and six buttons. like:

it could happen because the mortal kombat stick thats dropping soon is a throwback to how mk was in the arcades.

but it probably won't.
frown.gif

you prolly gotta make a custom joystick (check srk forums >tech talk) and fit it with happ/seimetsu parts.

I'm pretty sure the MK stick is using happ parts (same parts used in the arcades in the 90s)

Back
Top Bottom