Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

Wait you guys would choose to not move somewhere because there was a school shooting there once?

That seems odd to me.

ten years ago I would’ve said that the community might not be in a good place/broken if it happened recently.

nowadays it’s everywhere so it’s business as usual :smh:

ten years ago I would’ve said that the community might not be in a good place/broken if it happened recently.

nowadays it’s everywhere so it’s business as usual :smh:
I still don't understand that logic. It's not like the crime rate is gonna suddenly spike because there was one school shooting. Littleton and Sandy Hook are still very nice places to live, just unfortunately had a major tragedy take place there.

I still don't understand that logic. It's not like the crime rate is gonna suddenly spike because there was one school shooting. Littleton and Sandy Hook are still very nice places to live, just unfortunately had a major tragedy take place there.

not the crime rate or anything like that, just the “vibe” of the neighborhood. moreso if it’s a recent event there’s gonna be a dark cloud over the place for awhile.

Yeah I’m in Van Nuys, been here almost my entire life. I have to be real with you and tell you that it’s not the safest place to be right now. We have the most homeless I’ve ever seen since being here. Shootings are still occurring and gangs are slowly starting to come back. I’d advise you to perhaps move to a nicer area like Sherman Oaks, Woodland Hills or Studio City. You’ll be in the Valley but not where all the bad stuff happens. I narrowly missed a shooting by 5-10 minutes on a street I was actually walking on a few days ago. It’s crazy.

I’m still considering it despite this shooting. You rarely hear of crazy stuff happening there, so much cleaner and safer than the Valley right now.

I feel you.
i work in Culver City and my commute is terrible. I mean hang around VN at times and wanted to be closer. Easier to buy a house there then like Sherman oaks...

I’m watching local news interview students, they seem so passé “yeah you don’t expect it but you know it could happen we were ready got the chairs barricaded the doors...” :smh: damn shame
My 7th grade niece told me she had a training session at her school regarding active shooter situations.

Active shooter training/preparedness is part of the curriculum at schools now, like fire and earthquake drills.

I feel you.
i work in Culver City and my commute is terrible. I mean hang around VN at times and wanted to be closer. Easier to buy a house there then like Sherman oaks...

Van Nuys does have some really nice neighborhoods when it comes to homes, but the real trouble are the main streets and the smaller streets with apartments. Traffic is bad here too, the Valley overall.

Nathaniel-Berhow.jpg

Here's a look at the piece of ****

Wait you guys would choose to not move somewhere because there was a school shooting there once?

That seems odd to me.

Very odd thinking. If nothing else, the increased gun violence in this country has highlighted that it can happen literally anywhere. Nobody is safe from this ****.

Homeschooling and/or moving to a different country are the best options if you want to increase school safety for your kids. Sadly, both options are on the table for us.

national plus local news is so appalling.
in addition to the national stuff, here in clt within the last two weeks:
two different women were carjacked with their kids still inside of their cars I think a day apart...one of these involved the car flipping over after a chase.
a dude got shot and killed then him and his car were set on fire by the killer right outside of someone's house (and that person had nothing to do with it).
yesterday at this spot across from where me and other writers here used to paint at somebody ambushed the owner and killed him. didn't even rob him or anything, just killed him.

we def going back to the 80s/early 90s. every day or every other day is death. smhhhhhhh.

Remember the nut jobs that use to come in these threads and claim false flag to take our guns away.

Yeah...

Back
Top Bottom