Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

Just bring back dinosaurs. These kids would think twice if some of the students are raptors or t-rexes.

i posted this in a different thread,

video shows the mindstate of this kid. "im gonna be the next school shooter of 2018. my goal is at least 20 people." "[...] its about to be a biiiiiiiiiig event. when you see me on the news, youll all know who i am. hehehe youre all going to die. pew pew pew pew pew pew."

this is EXACTLY what ive been talking about nonstop. hes talking about being a school shooter like thats a desirable title to have. he has a goal of bodies to drop. dude calls it an 'event' like its something to behold, and not a massacre or tragedy. then of course, hes looking forward to being all over the news. these kids want ATTENTION. infamy. blame the gun all you want. but when the kids have this sort of mindset and outlook towards human life... that other kids are just pawns to be sacrificed in order to get on the news and be known worldwide... aint no law stopping that. these kids are ****ing sick.

How did this even get past an idea?? Who thought this was a good idea??? I would've quit the second the director walked talkin bout, "Ok so, we're gonna make a game where you can be a school shooter...". You KNOW that developer is doomed.

The same kind of people who make a living out of selling weapons to regular folks and militias and rebel groups.

Same selfish mentality, different means to exploit it.

They should make that game and every white kid that buys it just immediately gets throw into jail. LOL

Semi serious

tumblr_p46bn3HdBt1s1s5xro1_1280.jpg

How did this even get past an idea?? Who thought this was a good idea??? I would've quit the second the director walked talkin bout, "Ok so, we're gonna make a game where you can be a school shooter...". You KNOW that developer is doomed.

Crazy idea, but if it ever actually hit shelves, it would have a cult following. It’d prolly do real numbers.

The equivalent to sexual predators being given one of those child sex dolls, which was green lit. Or I was really messed up while browsing NT one day.

Is a video game worse than guns? I don’t comprehend the outrage people have over a fake game... yet these people are ok with real guns in the streets :lol:

Is a video game worse than guns? I don’t comprehend the outrage people have over a fake game... yet these people are ok with real guns in the streets :lol:

After the Columbine massacre, people pointed at Doom (as the shooters were big fans of the game) as the reason the shooting happened.

A few years later, some of the Columbine victims' families tried to sue a bunch of video game publishers and it got tossed out in court.

well yall were having that environment debate earlier

would videogames qualify as environment?

not to say that games are in any way responsible but could playing violent immersive (first person) games affect someone "mentally ill" negatively?

like how they say vr has adverse effects on people?

i dont think they should ban games or anything but when you talk about warning signs might that maybe be a possible warning sign?

especially among these white withdrawn school shooters?

not to say that games are in any way responsible but could playing violent immersive (first person) games affect someone "mentally ill" negatively?

i dont think they should ban games or anything but when you talk about warning signs might that maybe be a possible warning sign?

a kid wanting to play that game and enjoying it is a HUGE warning sign. much like the kids who in art class draw death and hell and demons n ****. videogames arent inherently dangerous unless the person playing them doesnt have a solid foundation of reality yet. playing call of duty or whatever game where you gotta kill and slaughter wont affect most. but some people playing have no value of human life. games like that might make them think in their warped minds that doing something like this would be just as fun in real life. so ultimately thats not the games fault. if theres 30 million copies of a violent game in circulation... you cant blame the game because 4 people playing it get inspired to go commit a crime.

that logic applies elsewhere but lets not get into that.

Alabama will allow school administrators to be armed

Alabama school administrators, who get approval from local authorities and go through training, will be permitted to have guns at schools under a new state program.

Administrators who meet the requirements would be able to "use lethal force to defend the students, faculty, staff, and visitors of his or her school from the threat of imminent bodily harm or death by an armed intruder," according to a memo signed by Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey on Wednesday.

In order to qualify for the newly created Alabama Sentry Program, school administrators would need approval from their county sheriff, local superintendent and school board, to have firearms to respond to school shootings.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a...rators-to-be-armed/ar-AAy69Cn?ocid=spartandhp

I’ll speak in general becuase yes there WILL be outliers in all things. Environmental factors ALWAYS play a part in development BUT it is up to the primary source to essentially dictate how much a portion can.

Example: in a family where the parent(s) are neglecting their child the parent is NOT the primary source. So what is? Could be a friend, teacher, etc. we can see how things can go wrong there. There can ALSO be multiple primary influences. All in all this can be very complicated and WHERE things take place also factor in.

The level of influence a video game has SHOULD be near nothing IF the primary source of influence/development is doing their job. I really don’t know how else to put it. You just don’t have a happy kid play a single game and flip. Its one thing to trigger a brief emotional change and its completely different to trigger complete mental change and physical reaction. Something has got to be there (PTS and such). Just think about the time it takes to to follow through with a shooting. Multiple days, weeks even. Relatively speaking that’s a LONG time to have your foot on the anger peddle.

With that all said the video game, movie, TV debate to me goes like this. Do these things make violent kids or do violent kids just tend to like them? To say the kids get complete warped becuase of these things is to say they have move influence over their mental development than their parents, environment, upbringing, etc. TO ME, I’d highly doubt that.

Again, generally speaking.

i was asking moreso about them being a warning sign than a significant factor in behavior

in fact i said theyre in no way responsible cuz i personally cant rationally blame a game for a persons actions

however those kids that immerse themselves in those kind of games foster an environment that feeds them violence

so could that immersion be a warning sign?

as far as primary factors at the end of the day like others have said it falls on the person

no lack of yambs, getting bullied, friends etc can be responsible for a shooting

imo anything outside of personal accountability (mental illness etc) is just passing the buck

i was asking moreso about them being a warning sign than a significant factor in behavior

in fact i said theyre in no way responsible cuz i personally cant rationally blame a game for a persons actions

however those kids that immerse themselves in those kind of games foster an environment that feeds them violence

so could that immersion be a warning sign?

as far as primary factors at the end of the day like others have said it falls on the person

no lack of yambs, getting bullied, friends etc can be responsible for a shooting

imo anything outside of personal accountability (mental illness etc) is just passing the buck
The younger the kid the more the factors matter. For example kids aren’t born racist, they see it and it is reinforced over time. Take an adult who isn’t a racist and try to “show them the way” and you’ll get laughed at.

Gotta take into account to that teens are still kids.

To your initial question a kid that is obsessed with killing and violence should be a huge warning sign BUT the obsession came from somewhere and that obsession is being reinforced.

The debate really starts to fall back on the “blank slate” theory vs predetermination in cogantive development.

And... AND.... last time I checked those game were being bought for them

yea the obsession is being reinforced by the games being bought for them got it

but when you say the obsession came from somewhere thats where i put it down to personal accountability

hell be obessed all you want but the moment you pick up a gun and shoot thats on u not the obsession

Yeah, again it will come down to nature vs nurture. At that point there is no clear answer and almost becomes a philosophical debate

5 Hurt as Gunman Opens Fire at Football Game in Dallas

4CE6D6C500000578-5802877-image-m-5_1528111519134.jpg

4CE6829E00000578-5802877-image-a-36_1528107004618.jpg

Police say five people were shot when a man drove a moped onto a football field in Dallas and opened fire on spectators as a game was being played.

Police Sgt. Warren Mitchell said in a statement Monday that several people in the crowd returned fire at the unidentified man Sunday evening.

Mitchell said two women are in critical condition and another woman and two men are in stable condition.

It's not clear if the suspect is among the injured. Police have released no information on his motive.No suspects have been arrested so far, though CBS DFW reports that two suspects are wanted. No descriptions of the two suspects were immediately available.

Alabama will allow school administrators to be armed

Alabama school administrators, who get approval from local authorities and go through training, will be permitted to have guns at schools under a new state program.

Administrators who meet the requirements would be able to "use lethal force to defend the students, faculty, staff, and visitors of his or her school from the threat of imminent bodily harm or death by an armed intruder," according to a memo signed by Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey on Wednesday.

In order to qualify for the newly created Alabama Sentry Program, school administrators would need approval from their county sheriff, local superintendent and school board, to have firearms to respond to school shootings.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a...rators-to-be-armed/ar-AAy69Cn?ocid=spartandhp
I hate the south

Back
Top Bottom