SeptaBUS.jpg

mid_SEPTA261onFTatCastorLoop12-75GHL.jpg

mid_SEPTA7028_033189_JDevlin.jpg

4482831200_0700207f58.jpg

4980472821_4a786983ce.jpg

mid_SEPTA325onFTatFrankfordNearPennyPakCreekBridge8-10-80SZ.jpg

xnSEPTAVolvoArticulatedAlt.jpg

septa-bus-go-phillies.jpg

I work for MARTA (Atlanta Transit Authority). I actually support the 3 of the 4 major systems that keep it up and running...

And personally, I think MARTA sucks.

I hate my bus that goes from my house to downtown and back. it's never on time. it takes me 1.5 hours to get to work and over 2 hours to get home. The bus from Bellevue to downtown is alright but it always gets there as my other bus leaves. Then there is ALWAYS and 20min-60min delay for the next one. it takes me a little over a half hour to drive to work, with traffic.

All these bus pictures are cracking me up for some reason. But public transit is definitely appreciated. When I'm in major metropolitan areas, I usually take public transit if I have the time.

I wish ridership increased so that services could improve more rapidly, but for now CAR IS KING since a lot of urban planning, or lack thereof, was based on the majority of the population having vehicles.

mta6346.jpg

Our CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) neoplans....about to be retired soon.

3700_51.jpg

1984 model....

Custom built 1987 model. LA were the only ones to order these. a couple of other enthusiasts bought these just to have em since they are hell rare.

Originally Posted by Juice man

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Only read Mass and Transit...Thought it was mass on busses...
tired.gif
Oh me too.
I'll be sure to grab some photos of some mass on mass transit. Trust me, it's abundant. Them #POOR women with spandex 
devil.gif

These are the old buses:

_atlanta__bus_257c9af.jpg

These are the new buses..

marta-bus-travel-atlanta.jpg

I never rode either of them..But I do take the train...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GeorgeCantstandya

I hate my bus that goes from my house to downtown and back. it's never on time. it takes me 1.5 hours to get to work and over 2 hours to get home. The bus from Bellevue to downtown is alright but it always gets there as my other bus leaves. Then there is ALWAYS and 20min-60min delay for the next one. it takes me a little over a half hour to drive to work, with traffic.
Number 12?
nerd.gif

Metro's Hybrid Buses.

MetroHybrid3 by Metro Cincinnati, on Flickr

These are our new mini buses for Metro's route 1. Route 1 hits most if not all the art attractions. The Zoo, Museum Center, Underground Freedom Center, etc etc.

IMG_0011 by Metro Cincinnati, on Flickr

DSCN1085 by Metro Cincinnati, on Flickr

DSCN1084 by Metro Cincinnati, on Flickr

IMG_0031 by Metro Cincinnati, on Flickr

Here's some from Orange County Transit:
octa5535-08-03-07ea.jpg

blog1.jpg

5440106971_dbe6780fc2.jpg

^^ These mogs 1st entered service in 1980....Just retired in 2010...30 year workhorses. My boy bought one exactly like this one.

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

^^ These mogs 1st entered service in 1980....Just retired in 2010...30 year workhorses. My boy bought one exactly like this one.

eek.gif
Lol did they make him repaint it? I always wondered, what happens if someone buys a bus and drives it around that city.
laugh.gif

TELL ME Y'ALL HAD THESE BUSES OR YOU'RE AT LEAST FAMILIAR WITH THE ENGINE?

BEASTTLLLYYYYY!!!! The old Tank buses had these engines with mustard yellow seats.

We had this wrap on our Muni trains when Wall-E came out. It was kind of cool seeing it fly by when it was underground.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

eek.gif
Lol did they make him repaint it? I always wondered, what happens if someone buys a bus and drives it around that city.
laugh.gif

TELL ME Y'ALL HAD THESE BUSES OR YOU'RE AT LEAST FAMILIAR WITH THE ENGINE?

i used to like taking the bus, haven't in a while though
once Houston extends the light rail routes it will be 
pimp.gif

houston_metrorail_03.jpg

800px-186998827_821b56f515_b.jpg

img_28486.jpg

picture-81.png

Since I transferred to a school bout 30 miles south of me Ive been relying on public transit. The different people I encounter never cease to amaze me. Although a lot of people smell and it can get crowded at times, I gotta say spending only $5 to get to school and back is a deal and a half.

sick.gif
 I hate Orion 6s. Piss poor build...the full low floor is dope but the engine and transmission are placed weird so they are a constant problem.

Back
Top Bottom