MATERIALISTIC?? Are "sneakerheads" considered one?

I mean if you buy something you love, such as "Sneakers" for what it is worth - Are you considered Materialistic? I buy and stock my grails becauseit is something especial to me compared to spending money on unnecessary things.

the reason why I started this thread was due to the fact that me and my cousin had an argument and I was just jaded from the argument
laugh.gif

She works for this fashion company and basically she stays buying this ridiculously over priced clothes. She recently went to paris and spent like 8 grand onjust a coat. And I was basically telling her that what she did was pure stupidity and she has the nerve to say that my shoes are a waste of money as well
laugh.gif
SMH. I mean mine at least have some sort of value and meaning to me rather than some simple trench coat that goes out of fashion in like a week
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

"Sneakerheads" are the epitome of being materialistic

I am not talking about this new generation ninjas calling themselves "sneakerheads"
laugh.gif
. The OG dudes who do it for the love. No need for theexpensive gear.

I mean mine at least have some sort of value and meaning to me rather than some simple trench coat that goes out of fashion in like a week.

How do you know her coat doesn't contain any sentimental value?

Do you know how stupid we look to non-sneakerheads? It's considered a stupid addiction which, in my opinion, is just as bad or even worse than materialism.

There's a thin line.

it depends. I consider myself a "sneakerhead". Except I only have 10 pairs you could actually consider "sneakers". I have some DS pairs andI cycle through Jordans, AF1s, and AM90's.
When I get sick of them I take them to a shelter for abused children. The kid's face when you hand them a pair of jordans is worth more then them sittingin an orange box in your closet.

yes, it's materialistic no matter how you look at it. i've heard many say how stupid it is to spend more than 100+ on a pair of sneakers. that coat toher could be the same as your shoes to you

Originally Posted by MvP07

I mean if you buy something you love, such as "Sneakers" for what it is worth - Are you considered Materialistic? I buy and stock my grails because it is something especial to me compared to spending money on unnecessary things.

the reason why I started this thread was due to the fact that me and my cousin had an argument and I was just jaded from the argument
laugh.gif

She works for this fashion company and basically she stays buying this ridiculously over priced clothes. She recently went to paris and spent like 8 grand on just a coat. And I was basically telling her that what she did was pure stupidity and she has the nerve to say that my shoes are a waste of money as well
laugh.gif
SMH. I mean mine at least have some sort of value and meaning to me rather than some simple trench coat that goes out of fashion in like a week
laugh.gif

well that's funny-- considering her livelihood is fashion, and that she'd seemingly "overspend" on a coat. LOLRUS.
indifferent.gif

in any case, i would define materialistic as seeing material possessions as the things that defines one's value in life. if she acts high and mighty forhaving that coat, then yeah-- that's a tad materialistic. but if she loves fashion and has the same passion and drive for it as you do for shoes, then no.

she sees your shoes as "a waste of money" probably because she doesn't understand them and their significance to you, beyond material worth.

Yes and no

I collect vinyl because I like the history behind different editions, and am fascinated by the cover art, for I see the covers as timelines in relation to popcultures and subcultures; plus I appreciate creativity in visual art, and I have a few with beautiful women on them as well
wink.gif
. And I can hear differentversions of my favorite songs, duh.

I'm into shoes because I like how they look and feel, plus some of the older models just have a weird appeal to me. I really like older AF1 models, olderretro jordans and air max 1s , running shoes from the 90's etc Been into them since I've been into sneakers.

here's one of my favorite shoes of all time [missed last auction
smh.gif
smh.gif
]:

af1_euro_lo_blk_red_sil_3.jpg

I like them because of the material and color, and I have a thing for regional releases for a few reasons. Maybe I never knew they existed, maybe I don'tsee colors like that in my city/country, maybe they're from some specific series [jd for example] w/e ...I'm still interested in the shoe more thananything else.

That's just me though.

Alot of people nowadays buy to show off, same with "street"wear. There an unofficial status symbol among the young, just like other articles ofclothing/accessories....some just get extremely caught up with that. Kinda like the chicks who buy LV and Chane; bags due to exclusivity and brand.... IDC tobe honest..Those types aren't in my circle B

I dont hang out with 'shoeheads'. Alot of them can't even have a conversation outside of sneakers....buncha frail wdywtd lookin _s
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I just like sneakers... I also like movies and photography and music and white women.

Originally Posted by iThirdWorld

Yes and no

I collect vinyl because I like the history behind different editions, and am fascinated by the cover art, for I see the covers as timelines in relation to pop cultures and subcultures; plus I appreciate creativity in visual art, and I have a few with beautiful women on them as well
wink.gif
. And I can hear different versions of my favorite songs, duh.
I just found and copped a vinyl Jay-Z: Blueprint.
Good find?

Originally Posted by roback1991

Originally Posted by iThirdWorld

Yes and no

I collect vinyl because I like the history behind different editions, and am fascinated by the cover art, for I see the covers as timelines in relation to pop cultures and subcultures; plus I appreciate creativity in visual art, and I have a few with beautiful women on them as well
wink.gif
. And I can hear different versions of my favorite songs, duh.
I just found and copped a vinyl Jay-Z: Blueprint.
Good find?

If you like it, of course. I want RD and ready to die though. I bought a GRIP last week
pimp.gif
ebay lot auctions FTW! Had the belly soundtrack in there +Ruff Ryders vol 1 ...yesssss!

Shook Ones single just came in today...weird edition though; "Loud 95 Nudder Budders" Haven't heard it yet but I expected the original single ina picture sleeve
eyes.gif

u can collect anything and be considered materialistic
baseball cards
stamps
shoes
cars
evertyhing as long as u "collect" it

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

I mean mine at least have some sort of value and meaning to me rather than some simple trench coat that goes out of fashion in like a week.

How do you know her coat doesn't contain any sentimental value?

Do you know how stupid we look to non-sneakerheads? It's considered a stupid addiction which, in my opinion, is just as bad or even worse than materialism.

There's a thin line.

I couldn't agree more with statement.

yes it is. a lot of people can't even fathom paying more than 50 bucks for sneakers, let alone 150+. i know some dudes who get 20 buck sneaks all the time;they dont care.

Back
Top Bottom