Mature NT'ers Enter Vol. Is it possible to be friends with an ex?

oprah winfrey

Banned
I know you buffoons don't like to read so I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

Basically I was dating this demon seed for 3 years, we've been broken up for another 3 and a few days ago she starts inviting me to late night video chatsessions. She claims she wants to "make an effort", as to what, I have no idea but I'm assuming she wants to befriend me. We didn't exactlygo out on good terms so I don't see how this is possible. Any of you have similar stories or advice? Discuss/Help.

Yes, me and mine are bff's. Just depends on how it ended...

We have a very amicable split with no hard feelings...can't fake we argue more now than we did...but it's all in fun

We care about eachothers well-being and as long as the boundaries are set and we are mature about it we will always be friends

no, if you would have properly settled the issues you guys and had something to offer eachother you would still be together. not to mention once you havecrossed sex line theres no turning back you cant revert to friendship, the whole dynamic has changed. friendship is simply not possible, youre kidding yourselfif you think it is.

Originally Posted by Late80s

no, if you would have properly settled the issues you guys and had something to offer eachother you would still be together. not to mention once you have crossed sex line theres no turning back you cant revert to friendship, the whole dynamic has changed. friendship is simply not possible, youre kidding yourself if you think it is.

Thats how I feel.

It just feels really awkward talking to her as a "friend" and I don't want to re-catch feelings for someone that I absolutely hate as a person.

laugh.gif
@ op's sn

Woah Woah Woahhhhhhh...how did you even get an SN like that approved. I thought mods never allowed SN's like that...

no, if you would have properly settled the issues you guys and had something to offer eachother you would still be together. not to mention once you have crossed sex line theres no turning back you cant revert to friendship, the whole dynamic has changed. friendship is simply not possible, youre kidding yourself if you think it is.

EXACTLY. I cannot be friends with my ex (were together for 5 yrs. broken up for 2 months) it just becomes you guys always having sex. Then when either one ofyou try and move on and stop it, it causes jealousy.

Originally Posted by Oprah Winfrey

Thats how I feel.

It just feels really awkward talking to her as a "friend" and I don't want to re-catch feelings for someone that I absolutely hate as a person.
do yourself a favor and stop talking to her at all. she wants to prove to herself she still got it and can have you where she wants you under thepremise of being "just friends".

I don't know anyone in real life who is friends with an ex.

You can be civil towards each other, aquientences, etc. But real friends? No, i don't believe so.

I think one or the other still has some feelings left, in almost every case.
Someone you occasionally sleep with is not your friend.

laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The sad thing is, you're stating your opinion as if it's fact. Anyway,that's not true at all. My ex and I are good friends. When we hang out, sure we kiss and stuff, but she knows I'm not her "bf" and she'snot my "gf"... The only thing that made us break up was my lack of communication (which is the cause of almost every relationship I was in..badhabit) but we're cool now.. then again, it's not like we weren't cool w/ each other from the break up.
ohwell.gif
[/color]

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The sad thing is, you're stating your opinion as if it's fact. Anyway, that's not true at all. My ex and I are good friends. When we hang out, sure we kiss and stuff, but she knows I'm not her "bf" and she's not my "gf"... The only thing that made us break up was my lack of communication (which is the cause of almost every relationship I was in..bad habit) but we're cool now.. then again, it's not like we weren't cool w/ each other from the break up.
ohwell.gif
[/color]
so in other words, friends with benefits? are either of you in another relationship? if you are,is your current GF cool with you kissing your exand stuff?

Convo via facebook...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Maria Sanchez

May 26 at 9:48pm

Report Message

so who is this female u kissing all up on????

May 26 at 9:59pm

That would be the novia... lol

Sent via Facebook Mobile

Maria Sanchez

May 27 at 5:21pm

Report Message

who in the hell is the novia!!!! dont play wit me. i kno where u live. and where u wil soon reside. i will come n find u

Maria Sanchez

May 27 at 5:27pm

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#

why is it that i cant never get u out off my mind. dont take it to the head and i aint tryin to gas u up but thats the truth. i be wondering how u doin and #*%@. i dont know whats going on with me.

May 27 at 7:32pm

somebody needs a little spanish translation novia is girlfriend...

Maria Sanchez

May 28 at 3:52pm

Report Message

i kind of figured that out. i dont care thats ur girlfriend. she dont look better than me.

May 28 at 7:31pm

That's ur opinion... does it even matter who looks better? She loves me like you USED to nd even better... Plus she's beautiful therefore that's all that matters to me...

Sent via Facebook Mobile

Maria Sanchez

May 28 at 9:40pm

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#

wat ever!!!!!! who said i ever stopped loving you? see how much u know. u always got a piece of me. just like u always got a piece of me. now tell me u dont. n e ways.... how long u gon b gone and how is my favorite mama n law?

and no i am not trying to come between u and ur boo.....

chick is crazy... I had to immediately end the convo...

Nah, it's not possible after you have sex with that person. When ya'll break and you see her with another dude or she sees you with another girl one ofyou will be thinking about all the sexual things that ya'll did together and get to wondering then boom you're gonna get that gut wrenching feeling inyour stomach

Back
Top Bottom