Mavs-Wiz Trade -Butler, Haywood, and Stevenson for Gooden, Howard, Ross and Singleton

Good deal for the Mavs.

Cuban really making moves to keep Dirk Diggler happy so that he wil stay and re sign with the Mavs this summer.

If Mavs and Nuggets meet in the 2nd round that's going to be a exciting match up that will go 7 games.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

laugh.gif
  I'm laughing because Method Man would occasionally give me a hard time about how the Wizards turned Kwame Brown into an All-Star by fleecing the Lakers.

Now the Lakers have an All-NBA player and the Wizards have...cap space
happy.gif

Hoopshype.com has already updated their salary pages.

The Wizards will save around $14.7M (or $13.6M if Ross decides to stay in DC) next year.  They still have to fill out their roster so it won't be that much, but it's a decent chunk of change when you consider that they aren't competing for a playoff spot.  They'll still need to move Jamison (Cleveland?  Boston? San Antonio?) if they want to be able to sign a second tier 2010 free agent.

This is a great, great trade for Dallas.  For one, they don't need to take over the top spot.  They just have to be good enough to take the second spot (as others haven mentioned) and win one game in LA.  This trade (if Carslisle can make it work) obviously moves them closer to being able to achieve both goals.

If things don't work out, it's just a half-season or full season (1/2 of this season + first 1/2 of next) experiment.

If Haywood doesn't work out, his deal expires this year.  They can either let the money expire or sign-and-trade him.

If either Butler or Stevenson don't work out, their deals expire next year and have contracts that are easy to trade.

On top of that, Dallas will have Dampier as an expiring contract next season too!

Damn, I wish Jerry Buss was a billionaire.
I can see Dampier+Caron being a very valuable asset if we want someone like Wade, Bron, or whoever.
nerd.gif

Remember who the Heat got for Shaq?

Odom, Butler, and s future first.

We could swing Butler and a GIGANTIC expiring contract, not saying that CLE would, or MIA would, but we are making a lot of very valuable assets for ourselves.

But that's not even where I'm at right now. Caron Butler is one of my favorite players, I want to see him thrive on this team, I want to see us go deep in the Playoffs, I want another shot at the championship.

This will motivate Kidd and Dirk to play at the highest level they can. My worry is that Dampier and Haywood won't coexist, as I know Haywood and Etan Thomas rammed horns a few times.

Caron moving into our SG spot I'm not too worried about.

I appreciate what Josh had done for us, but ever since his whole weed issue, I really think it was all down from there.

Stevenson coming doesn't really bother me, we got rid of Howard for Caron who will fill all his minutes. We got rid of Gooden for Haywood who will fill all his minutes. Singleton and Ross played VERY sparingly. If anything, this frees up more time for Barea, Beaubois, and Tim Thomas. Carroll and Stevenson will battle for who rides the pine more IMO.

Coming into the deadline, all I wanted was for us to give us a legit shot at competing this off-season.

I think we're doing that.

the only thing that can fail is the chemistry

i think on paper they're just as good as the lakers

but games aint played on paper

kidd
terry
butler
marion
dirk
haywood
dampier
barrera
stevenson

they're gonna be real good on nba live next year

I can see Dampier+Caron being a very valuable asset if we want someone like Wade, Bron, or whoever.
  everyone has been through this already

the cavs or heat will NEVER sign and trade wade and bron. NEVER

the wiz can move all the contracts they want for cap space, nobody is going to sign with that team with its been such a god damn mess

Originally Posted by BIG SIPPIN SPENDIN CHEESE

the only thing that can fail is the chemistry

i think on paper they're just as good as the lakers

but games aint played on paper

kidd
terry
butler
marion
dirk
haywood
dampier
barrera
stevenson

they're gonna be real good on nba live next year
Word, it all depends on the chemistry.

This was an excellent trade for Dallas, and it boosted their strength and depth greatly.
Washington just needed extra cap room, even with Caron they couldn't achieve much so they basically just gave up.

Only problem is that I think Dampier and Haywood play the same game, I wonder how both of them will produce backing each other up.
If they have the right chemistry, this is a stacked squad.

I don't see how this makes them as good as the lakers on paper. Maybe if Kobe is still injured by the time the playoffs start.

This move will enable them to compete with every other team in the west though or be above them.

Great deal for the Mavs....it's sad to see Todd and Caron go, but I wish them the best. I'll be pulling for the Mavs come playoff time because I respect the @$%! out of Caron. He's been one of my favorite players in the L for a long time. That being said, this move signifies that the rebuilding has begun for the Wizards. It's been a long time coming. The next person that should go, should be Ernie Grunfeld. We're in this position because of his/abe polin's stupidity and loyality. Jamison is the wildcard. He has a long and expensive contract and he's 33 years old. If we can move him, I would think the writing would be on the wall for Gilbert Arenas. To me, I think the Wizards would somehow believe that they could void his deal or they have a chance of moving him via trade. It makes no sense to get rid of Caron and Antawn but keep Gil around for the rebuilding process when he's already embarrassed the city, the team, and himself. Well, it's going to be fun watching Howard/Gooden stink it up here in DC for about 30 games
laugh.gif
They will be elsewhere next year
pimp.gif
and the Wizards will have some much needed cap space and avoid the lux tax.

pimp.gif
at this whole trade.

we don't lose anything from trading howard, 'cause caron brings all that back & more.

. . got another big man to play start over dampier.

don't sleep on us.

everyone has been through this already

the cavs or heat will NEVER sign and trade wade and bron. NEVER

Not for that deal anyway.

Still, what if Toronto re-signs Bosh and next year starts out horribly? Dampier's contract isn't guaranteed and Butler and Stevenson's contract will expire. Not only would Toronto instantly save money, they'd be players in the 2011 free agent market...or whatever happens that year.

the wiz can move all the contracts they want for cap space, nobody is going to sign with that team with its been such a god damn mess

Everyone wants to get paid.

The deal looks to favor Dallas because Butler is included.

Butler can ball but will he be healthy to help his new team?

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

bcb9Sb
laugh.gif
@ Howard, but this is good trade for both team, well for the mavs (this trade was for the moment to compete with the Lakers and Nuggets for top spot in the west).

I know most Wizards fans are sad to see Butler and Haywood gone but they also happy to see Stevenson gone tho
laugh.gif

Now the Wizards can compete for the John Wall price now
laugh.gif

Great move for the Mavs. It greatly improved this years team that has been playing like crap and it doesnt hurt them at all for the future. Plus, the Mavs got to hold onto Roddy B. I cant complain. Anxious to see this team in action.

Mavs got a helluva player in Butler. He's tough, plays both ends of the floor and can especially be an asset against a Kobe or Brandon Roy. Great move.

the trade makes the mavs a much deeper team but who knows how well butler will play after leaving washington? he hasn't been impressive at all this season

Back
Top Bottom