MAX | Out Now | Tokyo Vice Season 2

Surprised not a single mention of Sopranos yet, I feel like a lot of people hold it in pretty high regard.
I watched the first few seasons as it aired but never loved it. I like mafia movies but a whole show of it will lose my interest.

Wow @ you guys sticking with GoT.

HBO has better series that started good and ended good :lol:
As someone who thought the quality started sliding (season 5) well before the last season. The last seasons still had some great moments that stops it from being complete trash. Only a handful of shows can keep up the 1st 4 seasons of GoT.

GoT still my favorite show HBO or not. 😢

It introduced me to ASOIAF, that alone puts it above the rest.

As someone who thought the quality started sliding (season 5) well before the last season. The last seasons still had some great moments that stops it from being complete trash. Only a handful of shows can keep up the 1st 4 seasons of GoT.
This is true.

I listed them though.

The few great moments in the final season I kinda felt were mostly fanservice. Looked great, really dope visuals but some of that **** didn't make a lot of sense when we thought about it.

Surprised not a single mention of Sopranos yet, I feel like a lot of people hold it in pretty high regard.
I just started to watch it. Love Season one so far.

To the person who said, there’s nothing on Max. I watched the beautiful Dune. And have to work my way through Sopranos and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Plus Insecure last season is on. And then there’s Raised by Wolves Season 2.

There's a s2 of Love Life that just premiered.

S1 with Anna Kendrick was really good for what it was; just a woman finding her eventual husband.

Its an anthology now that is focusing on a black guy finding his eventual wife. Jessica Williams is in it looking sexy as ****.

Just a comedy/drama though. Nothing crazy.

Last edited:
I got a email from hbo max about love life season 2. Looks interesting. Is it really only 3 episodes? I’m thinking maybe my hbo max has a glitch lol.

Nah :lol:

First 3 eps to reel you in and then I think its weekly from there. Should be like 10 eps in all.

Need to finish that.

Good looks! I'm like really that's it...3 episodes lol. ,I thought HBO Max put all its episodes out @ once like Netflix.

^^^ Read online that HBO is releasing the episodes in “batches”, next 3 episodes are supposed to be available on 11/4 and final 4 on 11/11.

I'm also someone who never saw more than couple episodes of Sopranos before and started watching few weeks back and through 2 seasons so far. Really enjoying it thus far and as I have more time over the holidays should be able to finish by end of the year. When I initially watched it years ago I just didn't care for all the dialogue between Tony and the therapist but really enjoy those scenes now. Maybe it's because I wasn't in the right headspace or had the patience back then lol.

Always good to revisit the best shows you may have seen in your teens/early 20s and get a better perspective on why critics loved them so much.

Back
Top Bottom