May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Women's RR was easily more enjoyable than the men's.

Again, part of that is due to fatigue that was set in by time the Men's RR started.

Again, split these up into different nights man. Also, get rid of the other matches on the card. Nobody gives a damn about them.

2 Nights

2 Rumble Matches.

Let those matches get ALL the attention.

The RR matches sell themselves.

The Women's RR was easily more enjoyable than the men's.

Again, part of that is due to fatigue that was set in by time the Men's RR started.

Again, split these up into different nights man. Also, get rid of the other matches on the card. Nobody gives a damn about them.

2 Nights

2 Rumble Matches.

Let those matches get ALL the attention.

The RR matches sell themselves.

Ain't mad at it being 2 nights, but you gotta have other matches on each night..Probably 2 regular matches before the Rumble match..It can't just be 2 nights of just Rumble matches cause then Vince will stretch those out to make them 1 1/2 to 2 hrs and that's just exhausting..

Was expecting to wake up and see Edge won the rumble. Gonna have to go back and watch the rumbles.

Real happy for Belair too

Rumble Observations (I’ll try to do in order)
- Goldberg went from SCSA clone to Bald Brock
- Probably the best Goldberg match since him and Brock at mania years back.
- Sasha’s brown attire is the best brown gear I’ve ever seen.
- Match was cool. Show still on the up and up.
- New Day rocking Brody gear was cool.
- Bad Bunny having Booker just stand there through a full performance with no crowd was weak. They should’ve saved that for Mania.
- Sonya DeVille is HLA all by herself. That suit was the best outfit of the night.

Women’s Rumble:
- Billie Kay is a gem and was the star of the beginning of the rumble for me.
- WWE needs to reconsider some of the women they shoot in 8K. I had a list, but I don’t want to be mean to start black history month.
- Billie and Jillie = Mania
- Toni Storm and Ember Moon have both grown.
- Ripley and Belair did an excellent job with the finish. Charlotte is always great.
- The women’s division is actually trying to make new stars. Congrats to Bianca.

- Roman and Kevin was kinda spotty and the finish took a little bit due to the handcuffs, but I still enjoyed the match.

Men’s Rumble
- Edge getting stomped out in the beginning was cool.
- Carlito definitely coming to collect that WWE money. He’ll be here for awhile.
- Priest did his thing.
- Miz breaking Bad Bunny’s equipment was great.
- Bad Bunny injuring himself on the dive will hopefully discourage him and Booker from doing a Tag Team match against Miz and Morrison at Mania.
- Michael Hayes told the whole roster “You gotta make Bobby look really Strong”
- Big E getting eliminated by big Jordan hopefully will lead to him vs AJ at Mania for the IC title.
- Captain Charisma once again being pulled back in by Edge just like when they were kids. Always glad to hear his music.
- Edge using the Seth finish on Braun was whack.
- Edge and Orton starting and finishing was kinda meh.
- Vince is living vicariously through Edge and encouraging older people that they can still beat this new generation.

I don’t have a problem with Edge winning, but he just whooped most of your roster at 47 years old starting at number 1. He’s just became WWE’s Sean Connery, John Wayne, and Tom Brady all in one.

I’m really worried that Miz and Morrison Vs. Bad Booker (Bad Bunny and Booker T) is going to be a Harlem Street Fight cinematic match. That just came to me as I was typing.

Thanks for those who read.

I was expecting a fiend run in to cost Orton the win, and was praying for a Samoa Joe return until I saw him calling the match...

GM NT jabronis

giphy.gif

I don’t have a problem with Edge winning, but he just whooped most of your roster at 47 years old starting at number 1. He’s just became WWE’s Sean Connery, John Wayne, and Tom Brady all in one.
Did The Edge actually whoop most of the roster though? He went end to end but he only eliminated Strowman/Rollins/Orton at the very end of the match. Rollins and Strowman had just as many and they were the last two entrants.

Feel like I'm just more indifferent than anything about The Edge winning. Like, would Bryanson or AJ winning have been all that much better and made everyone happy? Don't really think so.

Keith Lee is really the guy that you would've liked to seen elevated with a win, but he had Covid (or was at least around IT) and wasn't even in the match. Langston would've been cool too, but he's already the IC champ. He needs some more time as a singles competitor also I think.

Feel like I'm just more indifferent than anything about The Edge winning. Like, would Bryanson or AJ winning have been all that much better and made everyone happy? Don't really think so.

Keith Lee is really the guy that you would've liked to seen elevated with a win, but he had Covid (or was at least around IT) and wasn't even in the match. Langston would've been cool too, but he's already the IC champ. He needs some more time as a singles competitor also I think.

That’s why the women’s rumble was better. There were multiple feasible options for winners, even if you don’t particularly care about the actual person. You could’ve made cases for Rhea, Bianca, Charlotte ( :sick: ) and Alexa to win. The men’s rumble, without Lee, you’re basically just taking a flier on people you simply may be a fan of to win.

Rumble was fun. thought it would be weird without the crowd but they did a good job pumpin in the noises for the viewers.

That’s why the women’s rumble was better. There were multiple feasible options for winners, even if you don’t particularly care about the actual person. You could’ve made cases for Rhea, Bianca, Charlotte ( :sick: ) and Alexa to win. The men’s rumble, without Lee, you’re basically just taking a flier on people you simply may be a fan of to win.
Yep I agree.

Thought the men's match was still solid. I do wonder what things would've been like with Lee in IT though. Feel like there's no way he wasn't supposed to play a big role in the match, if not win for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom