May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Funny, I have always looked at HBK is a b*tch.

Especially once he got his lights knocked out by those dudes up SYracuse.

Great athletic wrestler though.

It’s widely known I’m not the biggest HBK stan.

And he has major ***** tendencies, but we you see him wrestle an Undertaker, Vader, etc. he has that extra gear that tells you smaller wrestler is getting violent and you believe it. I believed when he did things he was going to be violent and aggressive.. I certinaly don’t with Kofi or anyone listed on this page.

But in real life, yea he was ***** made before he got clean.

:lol:

Put Miz twice for emphasis.

But I agree with this list. I enjoyed Edges rated R run (Mick Foley/John Cena work) for what it was. But it’s not like he needed a championship for anything.

Which makes Edge being brought back and being placed in the World Title Picture as if he was some old-timer that was dominant force funny.

I didn't see it THEN, I damn sure don't see it NOW.

If you are 45+ and you are taking up a World Title spot, you better be a physical marvel and/or wrestling like you just got let out of doing 20 years.

Yea... I’ve had a large displeasure with any of it on AEW or WWE.

Spots here and there are fine. The ONE Goldberg run against Brock was fun and perfectly done. *Surprise* spear out and then get destroyed. Should of been the only one.

Edge at RR, fun singular spot. Keep it at that... maybe the Orton run. But that means absolutely NO Goldberg anywhere near. And that also means None of them are anywhere near a title, they are just telling some kind of Rocky/Expendables story.

You do ONE at a time. Old timer passes it on to the younger gen angle.

Which makes Edge being brought back and being placed in the World Title Picture as if he was some old-timer that was dominant force funny.

I didn't see it THEN, I damn sure don't see it NOW.

If you are 45+ and you are taking up a World Title spot, you better be a physical marvel and/or wrestling like you just got let out of doing 20 years.
The Edge isn't being presented as an old-timer dominant force though. They've mentioned him as "the ultimate opportunist" a million times.

You don't actually watch the product though, so #LowShirai takes like this are to be expected.

Would you put McEntyre on there? Would you label him a transitional champ? Thoughts on Drew Mac overall?

You see Drew? He passes the eye test.

He passes the aggression test. He wrestles with passion.

He isn't a transitional champ by any stretch. Transitional champs are given the title at a WM. Far from it.

He is a "Damn good" talent. Success story of turning his career around and WWE finally seeing him for what he was, a BEAST.

The Edge isn't being presented as an old-timer dominant force though. They've mentioned him as "the ultimate opportunist" a million times.

You don't actually watch the product though, so #LowShirai takes like this are to be expected.

Re-read what I said.

Yea... I’ve had a large displeasure with any of it on AEW or WWE.

Spots here and there are fine. The ONE Goldberg run against Brock was fun and perfectly done. *Surprise* spear out and then get destroyed. Should of been the only one.

Edge at RR, fun singular spot. Keep it at that... maybe the Orton run. But that means absolutely NO Goldberg anywhere near. And that also means None of them are anywhere near a title, they are just telling some kind of Rocky/Expendables story.

You do ONE at a time. Old timer passes it on to the younger gen angle.

Goldberg I can see.

If Brock came back in 5 years, I could see.

But Edge? This frail dude being elevated to the World TItle picture NOW? Why?

He was BARELY that in his PRIME but he is given the opportunity to be that now?

FOr what?

Did you forget what happened when Finn got called up? That mistake already happened.

Gotta have IT
He was push to the moon when he got called up. That was odd/great/unpredicatable summer. Had he not have gotten injured he'd likely be where AJ is + 1 more and ongoing title reigns. Vince could never not make him seem like a legitimate world title challenger no matter how hard he tried, Frugal just has IT. That's why NXT run only makes him feel like a bigger star.

Finn Balor is believable. He might be small but he is Athletic, technical, aggressive. (Unlike Kofi and Rey)

If Neville was given an actual shot and not type casted as a Cruiserweigh,t he was another SMALL wrestler that had what it took to be a believable Main Eventer. But damn ENzo apparently was a more important card in the deck.

The only thing you have to worry about with Finn/Neville were their promos but that is on the writing team. (Finn is much better now)

So this, "DC only thinks big roided up dudes should be champ" is Fake News.

6A3E9BA0-E735-42B4-8A10-042522E3E90B.jpeg

0732A752-5ABF-47B9-BA67-226E44BBF041.jpeg

DCD3FD86-597D-43AB-A3D7-4398AD30C887.jpeg

9CE9A730-BAF0-41DE-85AF-35F4C9ED9759.jpeg

F8745205-BF11-4675-A568-D7CA27196A3E.jpeg

I wonder if cancel culture will make its way to wwe ? Watched the dudleys vs x-pac and road dog with torrie in a dumpster match and if that aired in the last 2 years they’d be done lol

DC also thought Kofi would never be world champ. IT’s not so crazy to think someone you see as a midcarder can be a world champion someday

Probably says otherwise.

I wonder if cancel culture will make its way to wwe ? Watched the dudleys vs x-pac and road dog with torrie in a dumpster match and if that aired in the last 2 years they’d be done lol

I hope they do. WWE has a lot of content that will upset some folks if seen by the right eyes.

I am sure they are cleaning all that stuff up before they move to the NBC Network.

Back
Top Bottom