Mayweather not going to jail until June 1 so he can fight May 5

eek.gif

Floyd Mayweather Jr. won't have to turn himself in to a Las Vegas jail until June 1, 2012 ... so he can fight in Las Vegas on May 5th ... the judge just ruled.

Floyd was supposed to turn himself in today to begin his 90-day sentence for beating up his baby mama -- but his attorney had asked the judge to postpone the boxer's turn-in date to June 1 ... to give Floyd time to train for a massive fight on May 5th against an undetermined opponent at the MGM Grand.

His attorney's justification ... Floyd's a pro who brings in hundreds of millions in profits for the city of Las Vegas -- and hey, thing's get rescheduled all the time ... no bigs.

Several of Floyd's famous friends showed up in court to support the boxer -- including Ray J and Lil Kim.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/0...lf-in-jail/#.TwdNnfJnDSs

#MONEYTEAMOFLAWYERS

Per the twitter buzz, Arum said Manny wont be ready to fight until June. #DUCKSEAZON

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

#MONEYTEAMOFLAWYERS

Per the twitter buzz, Arum said Manny wont be ready to fight until June.
#DUCKSEAZON

Please tell me you're joking.

Originally Posted by marath0n

#MONEYTEAMOFLAWYERS

#DUCKSEAZON

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
Arum sounded very surprised by the news of Mayweather's continuance. Says now Manny "likely" to go in June. Didnt sound interested in Floyd.

Damn.  Seems like a lot of celebrities get special treatment when it comes to jail time.  These judges are soft as hell.

Originally Posted by Proshares

#MONEYTEAMOFLAWYERS

#DUCKSEAZON

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
Arum sounded very surprised by the news of Mayweather's continuance. Says now Manny "likely" to go in June. Didnt sound interested in Floyd.

eek.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

this fight needs to happen, both their legacy's to me will be missing something in my eyes if they dont, what happened to fighters wanting to fight the best,
30t6p3b.gif

I don't even know why Mayweather is facing jail time, but I don't think he even will at this rate.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael

eek.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

Cant wait to hear Pac fans swig this one...
laugh.gif

It's funny because let this be the other way around, Manny fans would have been out here with the quickness to dump on PBF.  They've both been ducking around each other for the last few years.  They'll fight when they're faded and broke.  Or when Arum can make money off of both of them (which will never happen).  He'll feed Cotto and Manny to each other instead of a fourth fight with JMM and have JMM fight at 140 vs. a guy he owns like Bradley in the same month/different weekend on PPV and earn off of all four fighters.  It's the Bob Arum way.  People will come in here eventually and try and tell you that it's the promoter who doesn't want the fight not Manny but at the end of the day, he's a fighter and the #1 or #2 PPV cash king.  If he goes to Arum and says he wants the fight, he'll get it.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

eek.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

Cant wait to hear Pac fans swig this one...
laugh.gif

It's funny because let this be the other way around, Manny fans would have been out here with the quickness to dump on PBF.  They've both been ducking around each other for the last few years.  They'll fight when they're faded and broke.  Or when Arum can make money off of both of them (which will never happen).  He'll feed Cotto and Manny to each other instead of a fourth fight with JMM and have JMM fight at 140 vs. a guy he owns like Bradley in the same month/different weekend on PPV and earn off of all four fighters.  It's the Bob Arum way.  People will come in here eventually and try and tell you that it's the promoter who doesn't want the fight not Manny but at the end of the day, he's a fighter and the #1 or #2 PPV cash king.  If he goes to Arum and says he wants the fight, he'll get it.

This is what it comes down to... IF He really wanted the fight he would DEMAND IT... Especially with May coming out calling him out saying lets do it, then add on that it'll be the biggest pay day you would see in your career.... That to me tells me everything I need to know.

can Mayweathers team get the judge to delay his sentence by another month if manny is willing to fight on june?

Back
Top Bottom