McDonalds Hires 62,000, Turns Away Over 938,000 Applicants...

DAM!
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by vezon

938,000 applicants? oh lawd.
They turned away over 938,000 meaning that over 1 million people applied for minimum wage jobs. Its real out here and not getting better anytime soon. The desperation in some of the pictures I saw at various McDonald's across the country was unbelievable.

wawaweewa touched on it but outsourcing has been terrible for this country and its only going to get worse.

How much is minimum wage in U.S?

Depends on the state. California has it best I believe.

Strawberry that's irrelevant when you have no money in your pocket.

Originally Posted by vezon

938,000 applicants? oh lawd.
They turned away over 938,000 meaning that over 1 million people applied for minimum wage jobs. Its real out here and not getting better anytime soon. The desperation in some of the pictures I saw at various McDonald's across the country was unbelievable.

wawaweewa touched on it but outsourcing has been terrible for this country and its only going to get worse.

Strawberry that's irrelevant when you have no money in your pocket.

Fast food places always hire a low % of applicants. I worked at a chain that would get 10-15 applicants a day, and we only hired 1-2 people a month.

I know people say it's easy to get a job at Mickey D's, but statistically it's not.

Fast food places always hire a low % of applicants. I worked at a chain that would get 10-15 applicants a day, and we only hired 1-2 people a month.

I know people say it's easy to get a job at Mickey D's, but statistically it's not.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Who is to blame when capitalist aren't producing new jobs?

Capitalists are producing jobs... 
in China, India, Mexico, MENA, etc.
laugh.gif

Joke's on the American people. 
smokin.gif

Why employ a couple thousand American workers that are educated and trained when you can outsource and pay foreign workers a fraction of that wage.  Keeping American workers doesn't pay for the fuel on the private jet, or that bonus that will buy another vacation home.

On top of that let's get the American media to spread propaganda and blame immigrants for taking low paying jobs menial jobs on American soil, while we ship thousands of jobs overseas.  They will be so pissed at immigrants (illegal and legal) that they wont even realize that we CEO's of corporate America are the one's eliminating good paying jobs in order to receive bigger bonuses.  GENIUS!

Spoiler [+]
30t6p3b.gif
Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Who is to blame when capitalist aren't producing new jobs?

Capitalists are producing jobs... 
in China, India, Mexico, MENA, etc.
laugh.gif

Joke's on the American people. 
smokin.gif

Why employ a couple thousand American workers that are educated and trained when you can outsource and pay foreign workers a fraction of that wage.  Keeping American workers doesn't pay for the fuel on the private jet, or that bonus that will buy another vacation home.

On top of that let's get the American media to spread propaganda and blame immigrants for taking low paying jobs menial jobs on American soil, while we ship thousands of jobs overseas.  They will be so pissed at immigrants (illegal and legal) that they wont even realize that we CEO's of corporate America are the one's eliminating good paying jobs in order to receive bigger bonuses.  GENIUS!

Spoiler [+]
30t6p3b.gif
Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif

it sucks nowadays finding a job. everywhere i apply they want work experience but i dont have any because im a full time student. one time i got turned down by a temp agency because of this. they were like wow your in school, graduated hs, whats your major,etc but do you have work experience and i said no and they gave me the
indifferent.gif
. then i asked them how many people you guys helped find a job that has a hs diploma and goes/went to college.  they said a couple. then i gave them
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

it sucks nowadays finding a job. everywhere i apply they want work experience but i dont have any because im a full time student. one time i got turned down by a temp agency because of this. they were like wow your in school, graduated hs, whats your major,etc but do you have work experience and i said no and they gave me the
indifferent.gif
. then i asked them how many people you guys helped find a job that has a hs diploma and goes/went to college.  they said a couple. then i gave them
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by jhawkin826

It can vary by county and city too. For example in San Francisco minimum wage is $10.00, while most of the rest of CA is somewhere around $8.00 I believe.

We don't really have it best per se, minimum wage just reflects cost of living.

Originally Posted by jhawkin826

It can vary by county and city too. For example in San Francisco minimum wage is $10.00, while most of the rest of CA is somewhere around $8.00 I believe.

We don't really have it best per se, minimum wage just reflects cost of living.

Originally Posted by 23mjordan45

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

That same things happens with skilled professions (thing you went to school for)
Im licensed in Phlebotomy but have a hard time just getting my feet in the door

damn near all the employers wants a certain number of experience and its not even reasonable

like some want you to have at least five years in experience 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

and what I try to find out is how do any of these employers expect anybody fresh from school to have any type of experience when its never given

to you to begin with

you got at least one student graduating from a trade school every three months trying to do phlebotomy

and also many more students graduating college trying to do phlebotomy but there going to be damn near left in the cold

because they are no entry level positions 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

and they wonder why its no jobs out here all the employers just expect experience to fall in your lap

its even the same thing with temp agency's when it comes to this profession (but its not in there control honestly thats what there clients want)

even small health care clinics are shady

its a company called concentra  its a small health care clinic that I had an interview with when I was fresh out of school (the school set me up)

and they turned down three new graduates saying that they felt we were not confident enough for there needs 
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

about a week past and I found out the same people I had an interview with gave that position away to an extern (free worker)

so I basically said no hate on her but your telling me that somebody thats not even done with the course in more  qualified then somebody 

who is certified f$@# that they just did that because they saw somebody need the extern hours and in return they got the extra worker they

needed instead of hiring somebody and doing the same $#!@ that they were doing with the extern 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

and even the schools themselves dont help 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

got a career placement department for nothing only sent me on only one interview and its been damn near a year 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

and I passed every test for certification they can throw at me with flying colors $#!@ is ridiculous 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 23mjordan45

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

That same things happens with skilled professions (thing you went to school for)
Im licensed in Phlebotomy but have a hard time just getting my feet in the door

damn near all the employers wants a certain number of experience and its not even reasonable

like some want you to have at least five years in experience 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

and what I try to find out is how do any of these employers expect anybody fresh from school to have any type of experience when its never given

to you to begin with

you got at least one student graduating from a trade school every three months trying to do phlebotomy

and also many more students graduating college trying to do phlebotomy but there going to be damn near left in the cold

because they are no entry level positions 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

and they wonder why its no jobs out here all the employers just expect experience to fall in your lap

its even the same thing with temp agency's when it comes to this profession (but its not in there control honestly thats what there clients want)

even small health care clinics are shady

its a company called concentra  its a small health care clinic that I had an interview with when I was fresh out of school (the school set me up)

and they turned down three new graduates saying that they felt we were not confident enough for there needs 
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

about a week past and I found out the same people I had an interview with gave that position away to an extern (free worker)

so I basically said no hate on her but your telling me that somebody thats not even done with the course in more  qualified then somebody 

who is certified f$@# that they just did that because they saw somebody need the extern hours and in return they got the extra worker they

needed instead of hiring somebody and doing the same $#!@ that they were doing with the extern 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

and even the schools themselves dont help 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

got a career placement department for nothing only sent me on only one interview and its been damn near a year 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

and I passed every test for certification they can throw at me with flying colors $#!@ is ridiculous 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom