McDonalds New Campaign/Website... Offensive?

laugh.gif

This 365 Black campaign is actually one that McDonalds has been doing for a while. The first I heard of it was quite a few years ago on the Tom Joyner MorningShow when he would do the black history fact of the day, I believe McDonalds was the corporate sponser for that. During February, the McDonalds in my area(Atlanta) would sell 365 Black History Calendars.

The campaign does seem a little "we're trying too hard, but we dont care because we know you'll still come to our stores."

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

mcdonalds is about their money

do you really think they would jeopardize that by creating a campaign that would lead to lawsuits and bad publicity? i don't think they are that stupid.

I still believe it is real.

McDonald's has really targeted all their advertising campaigns towards African Americans.

I know what they're trying to do, but this isn't the way to do it. They should hire me.

McDonald's has really targeted all their advertising campaigns towards African Americans.
laugh.gif
, I hope your joking.

Do yourself a favor, get off your high horse. Then turn to one of the spanish channels on your tv and count how many McDonald's commercials come on. Theytarget everybody, black dudes on NT are the only ones that create threads making a fuzz about their ads.

Originally Posted by soltheman

They're trying WAYYYY too hard.
Extremely.

I can't believe these #%+@++ are serious.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I wanna see who's in charge of their marketing...dudes are not in touch, at all.

home_photo.jpg

He looks ashamed of himself.

I've been in this guys house with his daughters.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif
, I hope your joking.

Do yourself a favor, get off your high horse. Then turn to one of the spanish channels on your tv and count how many McDonald's commercials come on. They target everybody, black dudes on NT are the only ones that create threads making a fuzz about their ads.

Yeah...because they're going to play ENGLISH commercials on the SPANISH channels...
eyes.gif

I'm not black, but it's obvious they've been mostly targeting the black/african american community for some time now. And they've been doing abad job with it...

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

i don't think this is foreal

look at the url

http://www.365black.com/365black/index.jsp

wouldn't it be like a mcdonalds domain or something?

like if you click their links on the bottom they clearly copied it from the mcds website

http://search.mcdonalds.c.../search.do?search=simple <- see the domain is mcdonalds.com
thank you. was just reading through comment by comment until someone came to their senses(Keith Sweat kind of gave it away
roll.gif
, but then again it makes you realize how much MCds was treading on deadly waters). I can possibly see Mcdonalds getting their lawyers to shut the site bc it's believable to the masses as seen in this thread.

i don't think this is foreal

look at the url

http://www.365black.com/365black/index.jsp

wouldn't it be like a mcdonalds domain or something?

like if you click their links on the bottom they clearly copied it from the mcds website

http://search.mcdonalds.c.../search.do?search=simple <- see the domain is mcdonalds.com

Did you even use the search function you posted? If you search the mcdonalds website for 365black it comes up with multiple links to the same page. THIS IS AREAL MCD SITE.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

April 27, 2009 "McDonald's[emoji]174[/emoji] gave me a chance to share my love for Chicken McNuggets[emoji]174[/emoji]."
Keith Sweat, Singer/Songwriter, Atlanta, GA

The Hell?
laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif
, I hope your joking.

Do yourself a favor, get off your high horse. Then turn to one of the spanish channels on your tv and count how many McDonald's commercials come on. They target everybody, black dudes on NT are the only ones that create threads making a fuzz about their ads.

Hmm, i thought spanish was only to be used to describe things from Spain.

Anyways, i would like to think its one of those well intentioned things but due to some ignorance it went wrong, if so, that's workable. But being a largecorp, i doubt it's that black and white.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

laugh.gif
, I hope your joking.

got 'em.

dude stays trying to "school" people about that @@#%.

Originally Posted by Crispy Cream

You know what.....
laugh.gif
! This isn't going to end well.....
its smh and sooo
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at the same time.... @%$ were they thinking

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

laugh.gif
, I hope your joking.

got 'em.

dude stays trying to "school" people about that @@#%.

laugh.gif
Spanish channels, as in Spanish Language channels. Yoududes are dense.

Yeah...because they're going to play ENGLISH commercials on the SPANISH channels...
eyes.gif

I'm not black, but it's obvious they've been mostly targeting the black/african american community for some time now. And they've been doing a bad job with it...

You are not black, and you clearly missed the point as well. Look at your response "they've been mostly targeting the black/africanamerican community for some time now". They are targeting more than that demographic.

Back
Top Bottom