Medals for 2010 Olympics Unveiled.

Medals for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver have been unveiled.

Featuring a contemporary Aboriginal inspired design.

No two medals will be exactly alike.

I think they're pretty dope.

2106442.bin

2106363.bin

2106364.bin

2106849.bin

2106838.bin

As a BC resident I think they're hot, and that they definitely capture that westcoast, native art style.

i don't ilke them, they look like mistakes.

the actual design on them is cool, but the shape, no.

They look like those chocolate coins with the foil wrappers...except the chocolate inside is melted

Thier okay...but the Winter Olympics have always been more modern than the Summer.

But go Vancouver 2010, my hometown is gonna be bumping!

edit: After reading more about them I am begaining to dig it...here are some quotes.

In an Olympic first, each medal will be unique, featuring part of an image cropped from two large master artworks by Corrine Hunt, a Canadian designer and artist of Komoyue and Tlingit heritage based in Vancouver, B.C.

Also for the first time, the medals are not flat. Instead, they have an undulating surface intended to represent the West Coast landscape of mountains and waves and drifting snow.

The metals for the medals were recycled from end-of-life electronics headed for landfills.

bc-091015-olympic-medal-2010-3.jpg

i guess they kinda tight. would rather have the classics tho.

its atleast better than what i expected. Van really dropped the ball with the colors, mascots and all that. i aint feeling all this native stuff too
im from van btw, better get used to it

I like em
pimp.gif

Anyone have an idea on what cheap hotel prices will look like up there during the Olympics?

Those are crap

But man winning a medal for your country must be one of the greatest moments an athlete could have. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. Ihonestly think I would sleep with my medal every night because I'd be soo proud of it

doo doo

just look at the expression on the guys face on the left. exactly how I feel

Back
Top Bottom