Mediterranean Cruise help!!!

Im gravitating around the idea of going on a Mediterranean Cruise, preferably in the fall or spring. Ive taken cruises/vacations to the carrib before, but I havent traveled to Europe.
I know nothing about cruising in Europe or vacationing there for that matter.

My question is where do I start? I know id like to hit up Greece, Spain, Italy and France but which airport do I land? For those who've cruised in the Mediterranean, where did you go and which airport did you land? Where did you depart?

Thanks is advance

I'm not sure if you'll be able to hit up all those places in one cruise. I went on one about 5 years ago and most of them left from the port of Rome (Civitavecchia) and either sailed west to the South of France & North Africa, or East to Greece & Turkey. Perhaps if you start in France and take a 10-14 day cruise you can hit up all the places you want.

Prepare to buy Euros beforehand because most places along the Mediterranean don't take plastic. Typically the cruise attendants on the European cruises don't speak the greatest English, so if you get frustrated by that sort of thing get ready. Lastly, take a world phone with you and get a prepaid sim card. It'll come in handy since any payphones before or after your cruise will cost an arm & leg (i paid $20 for a 2 minute call!)

I went on a Mediterranean cruise last August with my family. I flew to Venice where the ship was docked, and the ports were Athens and Mykonos in Greece, Istanbul and Ephesus in Turkey, then the ship went back west with stops in Civitavecchia (near Rome or Florence) , Naples (close to Pompei, Capri, Sorrento) , Monte Carlo (also known as Monaco), and finally docked in Barcelona. I highly recommend cruising because you can get a good diverse experience of each European country, although some of ports may seem a bit short ( hard to see all of Rome, etc. in one day )

I did the same thing last summer- cruise around the Mediterranean/Italy. We bought a plane ticket to Barcelona since that's where the port for the cruise line (Carnival) is. We had a little 5-day stay in the city until the date to aboard the cruise. For the cruise, we visited a different city each day- definitely had a great time. Here's a link to help you book a cruise ticket: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/SailingSearch/Search2/?dest=E&

Back
Top Bottom