Meek Mill Street Cred??

Originally Posted by YngSeanCombs12

Originally Posted by CashBanks

Originally Posted by tyisny

Not to say that this should be the main attraction to musical acts but dudes have to realize that when you make gangster music people expect you to be somewhat of what you represent.
I'm tired of stating this ++#. ITS NOT JUST ENTERTAINMENT.

It may be entertainment to the 13 yr olds living in a suburb of cali etc. but when you craft this image and you employ all your resources into creating a persona even outside of the tracks then hell yea street cred should be analyzed. I don't think ya;ll know just how much impact Artist have over there listeners. If you know your not about that life, then why fabricate it and walk around like your really in the streets. Fine you makin some M's off the image because the music is good. Cool i respect that.

But when you go off in interviews, on TV, social media, and the actual public Fronting like pablo Escobar when your past CLEARLY states the polar opposite people are gonna get annoyed. When speaking on guys like Trick & Jeezy you are speaking on $@#*$$ who really lived the life there speaking on and still have plenty of people around them who are still in it. Strip all the gangsta ++# away, All the bias & hate and ask yourself........How do you want people to overlook a man who lies to your face everytime he speaks, not just on records but his whole persona in real life is made up
ohwell.gif

this
This.

Until you've worked with/or been around "at-risk" middle school, high school kids (in my experience, namely black males) who listen to this trash and believe this is life supposed to be, acting out what they hear their favorite rapper say NOT BECAUSE this is the only option and school is pointless, because all they wanna be is rappers and sell drugs because their favorite rapper said so--you don't understand. When you have to fight this cancerous mentality in your people that comes from music that YOU think is "just entertainment" is serious. VERY serious.
All this. 

Back
Top Bottom