Meet the Crip and Piru Chefs Behind Compton’s Underground Restaurant

This was a dope read....the food looks :pimp: on "Spankihanas" IG page. Gonna be interested to see if their actual restaurant takes off....

“It all started when I got hired to be a personal chef for local pimps while living in Las Vegas,” Malachi “Spankihanas” Jenkins tells me in his living room. “I started cooking for them after I dropped out of Le Cordon Bleu; they love rich pastas like shrimp and chicken Alfredo, and dishes like that.”

Jenkins and his business partner Roberto Arturo Smith have allowed me to step inside their DIY food commissary—the small kitchen inside Smith’s apartment, located just south of downtown Los Angeles—behind their underground restaurant, TrapKitchenLA. In what can only be described as Kendrick Lamar’s “m.A.A.d. city” come to life, I greet and pound the fists of four of their Crip friends chilling in their living room sofa, who nevertheless mad-dog me as I grill Jenkins and Smith with questions.

A stranger in their territory, I continue to follow my nose to the scent of cooked seafood into the kitchen, where I meet Smith. He is hollowing out half of a ripe pineapple for their Friday seafood special. He fills it with a heaping ladleful of white rice and tops it with a sliced lobster tail, a couple of king crab legs, sauteed shrimp, and a generous drizzle of teriyaki sauce. “We call this ‘The Deadliest Catch,’” he tells me as he proudly holds it up for a photo. “We can’t make enough of them fast enough for all of our customers; they go crazy for this dish.”

Rest of Article in Link

they've started up theyre own business.

I doubt theyre actually bangin.
Word. Plus there's alot of former gang members in high positions or that own businesses so you mightve supported a few already :lol:

Back
Top Bottom