MEGAUPLOAD sues for their song ft PDiddy, Will.i.am, Alicia Keys, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg Chris Brown

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

ATLien Seeko wrote:
What the hell? Don't they realize Megaupload is killing their careers?
You're right, all of these artists are DEFINITELY hurting for money

P Diddy, Will.i.am, Alicia Keys, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Chris Brown, The Game, Mary J Blige�, Kim Kardashian, Floyd Mayweather, Jamie Foxx

Hella broke
30t6p3b.gif

I didnt say they were broke, but not having a successful career can certainly contribute to that...

I've been using mega for quite some time now and you mean to tell me the artists are just getting butthurt over this?

Most if the artists featured are has beens who have been hurt by record sales. Make better music and quit crying.

Lambasting MU because they are one of the many vessels that pirate your music is pretty asinine.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I've been using mega for quite some time now and you mean to tell me the artists are just getting butthurt over this?

Most if the artists featured are has beens who have been hurt by record sales. Make better music and quit crying.

Lambasting MU because they are one of the many vessels that pirate your music is pretty asinine.

watch the video before replying smart guy

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

ATLien Seeko wrote:
You're right, all of these artists are DEFINITELY hurting for money

P Diddy, Will.i.am, Alicia Keys, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Chris Brown, The Game, Mary J Blige�, Kim Kardashian, Floyd Mayweather, Jamie Foxx

Hella broke
30t6p3b.gif

I didnt say they were broke, but not having a successful career can certainly contribute to that...

kim k, chris brown, mayweather, will i am, and kanye are at the peak of their careers.... what are you even talking about?

Megaupload suing, when they have copyrighted songs for download on their website 

HAHA HILARIOUS! 
indifferent.gif

"If you cant beat em, join em" philosophy, ey?

edit:
I didnt realize they were so relivant and dominant in the web. Watch Google try to get their hands in the file sharing business.

When will Google be considered a monopoly? Or are those kinds of laws not implimented on the web? Either way... I like the freedom of the internet.�With all these news laws and confines they're trying to place on us,�it's almost like they're pushing us out of real life and confining us to a digital world... The Matrix...

Or you can see it as the Music Industry destroys careers by their model of promotion and distribution. All of these artist are big enough to eat by themselves. Artist get more money from merch and touring then they do from the check they are cut by record companies. Things like self promotion and distribution allow artist to truely craft their art the way they see it, the music industry does not allow this. I just had an independent music artist pull the plug on a music video that was 90% done so that we could start the next project. I hit him with the stoneface, but he said "I own my music, and I'm not ready to release this song. I want to focus on different songs that I feel is better suited to me." I was heated for all the hard work that was done, but all I could think was "damn, that's what's up." If he were on a label, he would have had no say on any of this situation.

The artist probably didnt co-sign for this PER SAY. What happen was, Megaupload probably paid these artist, on the artist's downtime, to do whats called a "Commercial Drop." This is a common request artist and other personalities get asked for on the reg. , from radio stations to mix tapes. 
Mega Upload just ran the +#!$ out of this. They've created a great viral campaign and have the paper work to prove it. UMG is just salty that they dont have MORE of a piece of that pie, since in turn, Megaupload's campaign valued SKYROCKET, because of the caliber of the artist in the video. 

Yeah its !+*+%% video clips, BUT its !+*+%% video clips of A-list celebrities....Megaupload is winning. 

PROPS 
pimp.gif

I was wondering why the hell I was hearing a whack song when I was on the site.  
laugh.gif

Didn't know they had all these artists on it.

Artists already do official releases of mix tapes and promo material through Hulkshare. I don't see how this hurts anything. Doesn't the artist benefit from having everybody download from a single source so they can track demand and such more easily? Plus, the hosting site gets paid from ad revenue from all the traffic. Sounds like a mutually beneficial relationship between site and artist.

Originally Posted by buggz05

"If you cant beat em, join em" philosophy, ey?

edit:
I didnt realize they were so relivant and dominant in the web. Watch Google try to get their hands in the file sharing business.

When will Google be considered a monopoly? Or are those kinds of laws not implimented on the web? Either way... I like the freedom of the internet.�With all these news laws and confines they're trying to place on us,�it's almost like they're pushing us out of real life and confining us to a digital world... The Matrix...

Or you can see it as the Music Industry destroys careers by their model of promotion and distribution. All of these artist are big enough to eat by themselves. Artist get more money from merch and touring then they do from the check they are cut by record companies. Things like self promotion and distribution allow artist to truely craft their art the way they see it, the music industry does not allow this. I just had an independent music artist pull the plug on a music video that was 90% done so that we could start the next project. I hit him with the stoneface, but he said "I own my music, and I'm not ready to release this song. I want to focus on different songs that I feel is better suited to me." I was heated for all the hard work that was done, but all I could think was "damn, that's what's up." If he were on a label, he would have had no say on any of this situation.
exactly

Megaupload + Mediafire = so much $ saved. Hope this doesnt damage the site performance-wise

Fam,

-Pls understand this song is a plead for freedom of the internet.

-It is not a "usual" hit like Drake for the radio.

-There are political bill being debated on in congress such like PROTECT IP act, SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act), that will severely steer the future freedom of the internet in favor of more profit and less freedom.

-IMO this is a protest. A voice spoken by the artist for truly create art.

-Pls understand the law suit against the song AND the $100+ Millions lobby money big record industry who support those said Bills ARE the same.

******* NTFam, pls support if you love your internet the way it is now, and spread the word so the people voice might beat these big record industry corporate big money for once.******

Back
Top Bottom