Melo line with Jordan comes to an end

Where does that leave him now?

Wearing Russ XXX2 PEs with his logo on them most likely :lol:

I liked a good number of Melo's sigs actually. The 1.5 (only model I've owned), M3, M4, M7/Advance, M10, and M13 were all at least decent-looking in my opinion. Even models I didn't like had colorways that I did like the M11 Concrete Islands.

Like others have said, the only surprise here was that it managed to run so long. As a Melo fan though, I can't help but feel a little sad about the trade and now this :lol:

Jordan Brand should not have any athletes. Any non-retro Jordan is basically "what are those".

If he would have had a regular nike signature line it would have been so much better.

13 of them lol.

I have these....for $39 or 49

melos-1.jpg

I don't think the Melo line has been bad, I just wouldn't pay full price for any of them.

I thought the last ones were ok and I would have gotten them for around $50

So Melo has stated this is "false news", is an M14 in the works or is he pretty much just waiting for the official announcement?

Personally, I think a good amount of the Melos were good, 1.5, 5.5, M8, M12 (which i own) and M13. They are definitely an overlooked performance shoe. Also that CW of the M10 above is nice.

He's JB for the rest of his career. That's a fact, he re-upped in January and has the same after-career ambassador clause as Russell. All the models were not trash, probably 50/50. I think he grew stale combined with lack of winning, barely made ASG last season (injury replacement) , never transcended into a two-way player, his following took a hit after he cheated on his wife and fathered a child with a stripper (not the kind of press becoming of Team Jordan) ...Jordan needs fresh faces to lead their sig division.
Jeters, Moss and EJ sigs were great, get back to that. Let's not kid ourselves , many Nike designs were not flawless. Some Lebrons, Kobes, GPs, Pippens, Barkleys were straight design and retail duds. There's a reason only select models are retroed.

Last edited:
From JB's business standpoint, it makes more sense to end his line and release PE's to general public. Perhaps ride the OKC and Westbrook wave, release some 32's and retro PE's. Very cost-efficient since they don't need to make him a new signature (which won't do well), and use the same mold/tooling for existing shoes and modify the upper and slap his logo on it. People will buy :smile:

He's JB for the rest of his career. That's a fact, he re-upped in January and has the same after-career ambassador clause as Russell. All the models were not trash, probably 50/50. I think he grew stale combined with lack of winning, barely made ASG last season (injury replacement) , never transcended into a two-way player, his following took a hit after he cheated on his wife and fathered a child with a stripper (not the kind of press becoming of Team Jordan) ...Jordan needs fresh faces to lead their sig division.
Jeters, Moss and EJ sigs were great, get back to that. Let's not kid ourselves , many Nike designs were not flawless. Some Lebrons, Kobes, GPs, Pippens, Barkleys were straight design and retail duds. There's a reason only select models are retroed.

Agreed about earlier JB stuff it was great Jumpman pro 1 and 2, Jumpman pro strong and quick, Quick & swift 6, Jumpman team 1 and 2, Trunner LX & alphas, 3%, Vindicates, Mossifieds, and Jumpman J's ( still waiting on a retro for this) and alot of others these are just off the top of my head. Now all the JB team stuff all looks the same to me, melos were the only ones that kinda had their own look. Lately not so much, so no surprise if his Sig line is done.

Not that it makes his situation any better, reports say Melo's mistress is an educator... not a stripper.

This line was massively disappointing. I was a fan early on but it was like they never could hit their mark with his line.

This line was massively disappointing. I was a fan early on but it was like they never could hit their mark with his line.

They missed an oppurtunity being that he was in NYC. Biggest stage. They held all the Knicks colroways for him, and gave us crap colorways.

i dont think any of this applies, cuz Jeter was da quintessential JB athlete and da end result is da same.

Last edited:
Jeter did very well considering MLB players hardly get any promo let alone sig shoes these days.

Jeter did very well considering MLB players hardly get any promo let alone sig shoes these days.

at retail sure, can you remember more than 2 of his kicks? :lol: his line was longer than Melo's and you'd be lucky to find any extensive cataloging of his shoes.

Melo shoe line was the most consistent shoe jordan brand has ever offered. Loved them on court. Sad to see the line go but it does make sense

Back
Top Bottom