Melo Trade To Hornets??EDIT- CP3 SAYS TO MELO PLAYING FOR HORNETS IS THE MOST REALISTIC OPPORTUNITY

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

LosALMIGHTY wrote:
denverairforce wrote:
What does Jay-Z have to do with anything at all?

and by the way, while you may be right abotu Melo signing with NY as a FA, that New York team is not going to win anything.  D'Antoni 8 second offense plus a bunch of star players that don't play any defense is not going to get you to the finals. 

someone is mad. And D'Antoni was a hip check away from winning one a couple of years ago

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude DEFENCE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

So does Spell Check.
2010060400001733.jpg

laugh.gif

you beat me to it

I think CP3 is talking more about Melo playing out the season and then signing with the Hornets, since, CP3 ain't going anywhere since he's locked in his contract for another two years.

Originally Posted by franchise3

I think CP3 is talking more about Melo playing out the season and then signing with the Hornets, since, CP3 ain't going anywhere since he's locked in his contract for another two years.

Sep 30, 2010 10:46 AM EST

noh_40.gif
Chris Paul has sent word to Carmelo Anthony that their most realistic opportunity to play together will be for the Hornets, according to a source.

New GM Dell Demps has been incredibly active in pursuing trade scenarios, according to multiple sources.

They working on a "trade" according to sources

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

what is the point of the stoneface when he is telling the truth?

the hornets have nothing to give up that denver would want

Did you read my comment before typing your statement?

melo aint going to the hornets. all these rumors are BS. melo already said he only wants to go to knicks or bulls. so if no trade involves one of those teams, its dead. by the way melo and cp3 aint doing it by themselves if the trade went down somehow

I wonder whose goin to be the 3rd or even 4th parties in this trade if it goes dwn??

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

noh_40.gif
Chris Paul has sent word to Carmelo Anthony that their most realistic opportunity to play together will be for the Hornets, according to a source.

New GM Dell Demps has been incredibly active in pursuing trade scenarios, according to multiple sources.

Reading comprehension fail on my part.

I just assumed that those trade scenarios were to get cap room, since, like everybody said, the Hornets don't have anything attractive to offer.

The Hornets new GM Dell Demps, a front-office veteran of the Spurs, has remained tight-lipped about any plans, but such a deal would be plausible if they offer up David West, Marcus Thornton and Peja Stojakovic's $14.3 million expiring contract to the Nuggets. According ESPN.com's Marc Stein, a source close to the situation confirmed "that word has indeed been trasnmitted form Paul to Anthony that teaming up in the Bayou might be the solution for both of them."

Read more:
[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/09/28/training.camp.buzz/index.html#ixzz112gjoeOJ]http://sportsillustrated....index.html#ixzz112gjoeOJ[/url]

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by RaY MuLLa

whats the point of being traded to the nets? there not going to be better than what the nuggets are now

Thread/.
moving to brooklyn in 2 years...Prokhorov's $$$..
There's pretty much no scenerio that Melo can choose right now that will get him on a team significantly better than the Nuggets..nonetheless close to teams like the Heat, Lakers, and Celtics

I think he should play this season in Denver, sign with New Jersey, play one crappy year there, sign Chris Paul...you begin your Melo/CP3 core team in Brooklyn and you still have Derrick Favors (now with 2 years under his belt) 

and they'll probably still have that draft pick they were gonna trade to Denver

more players will flock to this team because it's in a legendary location and will try to help take down the dynasty the Heat are building; I figure the Lakers run at rings will be over by then

BUT MELO HAS NO PATIENCE!

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

There's pretty much no scenerio that Melo can choose right now that will get him on a team significantly better than the Nuggets..nonetheless close to teams like the Heat, Lakers, and Celtics

Knicks + Bulls.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Knicks + Bulls.

That Knicks team with Melo is still nowhere near the Heat, Celtics, Magic, or Bulls

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Knicks + Bulls.

That Knicks team with Melo is still nowhere near the Heat, Celtics, Magic, or Bulls
Understandable but not even Chicago ?

Knicks + Bulls.

I didn't include the Bulls because Denver isn't gonna take Deng and Gibson.  They'd have to give up too much to still keep a very competitive team

Knicks + Bulls.

But both would be significantly better than Denver...and there would also be a lot more stability with those two teams having core players locked up in contracts.

Denver's on the verge of gutting their team.

Another player would have to come from Denver if it were for West, Thornton and Stojakovic. J.R. is really the only plausible choice, from Denver's perspective.

At the end of the day, that deal would make the Hornets only slightly better, and they would still have one of the worst benches in life.

Knicks + Bulls.

I didn't include the Bulls because Denver isn't gonna take Deng and Gibson.  They'd have to give up too much to still keep a very competitive team

What I meant to say was if Knicks acquire Melo, that team still wouldn't be able to compete with the top 4 teams in the East (Heat, Celtics, Magic, Bulls)

Knicks + Bulls.

What I was trying to say was that if Knicks acquire Melo, that team still wouldn't be able to compete with the top 4 teams in the east.
Really? Even if we acquire him in the offseason?

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

noh_40.gif

Reading comprehension fail on my part.

I just assumed that those trade scenarios were to get cap room, since, like everybody said, the Hornets don't have anything attractive to offer.

it's cool, we all do it at some point, no need to get worked up, im not one of those nters that be like, "ah u fail go back to school"

Back
Top Bottom