MESSENGER BAGS: HELP/SUGGESTIONS?

^ I'm thinking of getting a messenger bag so i can carry a few things to work (I think I'm at an age and a job where I feeluncomfortable/unprofessional w/ a backpack at work)...

I'm not really looking to spend alot (less than 200) and just want something thats good on a regular basis/will hold up. I see alot of people with thoseManhattan Portage bags, and I looked it up and North Face makes messanger bags too, so i've been looking at a few of those (specifically, the ManhattanPortage "Wallstreeter").

Does anyone have experience owning any messenger bags from either of these companies, or any suggestions on a good messenger bag? Any help/advice/suggestionsis appreciated, Thanks

air-jordan-dj-messenger-bag-1.jpg

theres different kinds, you want canvas or leather?
mine is from banana republic, loose canvas

^not really sure whether i want canvas or leather, but i guess Canvas because leather would probably be too expensive, i'm not really looking to spend toomuch (less than $200)...

and to "Schrutel-arms", jobs are cool with backpacks, nobody's said anything to me, but...when u reach a certain age, and ur dressed a certainway for work, doesnt it feel odd to have a North Face backpack?...maybe I'm just self-conscious, or getting old...
frown.gif

Someone mentioned it, but Timbuk2. You can customize them (like $25 extra), it's basically like NikeID for messenger bags.

Tumi is obviously a great brand, but he did say under $200.

Tumi is definitely a good choice but their pretty expensive. I would suggest Jack Spade, they make great bags and for a reasonable price. Once you see thequality, you can tell right away how well made it is and how great the quality is. I've owned several Jack Spade and never had any regrets.

if you really want leather, check some high-end stores or sophisticated brands because they do sell very nice leather bags under 200.
check SAK's, im sure you can find a nice one.
i've seen some nice ones at the GAP, too...has a mature vibe to it, but its all up to you. I'm a college student, so i just went with a nice BRmessenger bag
banana%20republic.jpg
this is the one i have....dont know why it came out so brightin this picture....its actually a darker olive canvas bag wit leather finish

check here http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse/category.do?cid=30845
they have nice ones, fits your budget too
hope i helped

my Manhattan Portage bag has lasted me since 1996. No tears in the inner lining whatsoever.

quality buy

Back
Top Bottom