MET GENTRY TODAY, INQUIRED ABOUT 2008 AND BEYOND

gentry came into the store (employee store) with his god son to shop. his god son is a regular so i'll prob be seeing these two alot this holiday season.anyway, given the circumstances (sunday, holiday weekend), i didn't want to bother gentry while he was shopping but he was open to a few mins ofconversation. of course he mentioned the countdown packs but what is more interesting is the jordan/forces fusions will be going on for 3 years. and for 2009,he says that since JB wants to taper off from retro's, what we may be seeing are more DMP-themed shoes. he said not necessarily two-shoe packs like the OGDMP but for example, the shoe MJ scored 20,000 points in, they'll launch that along with other shoes that were part of the DM's of jordan's career.and of course, limited numbers on the fusions and 2009 launches.

really humble and friendly dude just like H. White (saw 'H' at the blazers game this past wk). he was a pleasure to talk to. he did say one thing aboutthe launches up until now, that they were producing more than he'd like. so i think even gentry feels the same way some of us do (one of the guys who doesthe forces came into the store and said the same thing about the AF 25 campaign this year,
tongue.gif
).

I really believe we are gonna get "NIKE AIR" back on Jordans 2-6. Who the hell would buy retro 17-21's?

Me, if the associated shoe is has the NIKE symbols. JB knows that selling retros of shoes that can still be found for retail will be hard.

Unless of course they are $300+ with something we have been wanting for eons now...
nerd.gif

you shoulda asked him about Nike Air on future releases...asking him to elaborate on the production numbers on the packs would've been a good idea too

Enh, they've been saying that they are going to slow down retros for how long now?

I don't see it happening. They bring in waaaay too much money for JB.

JB is not at a loss for money if they don't retro signature models after 08. I do believe they will start to come out again but slowly.

Originally Posted by William Rivera 3

Who the hell would buy retro 17-21's?

I would cop any retro XVI & XVII in an OG colorway. They are extremely hard to find in my size (14) in a NDS or better condition with everythingincluded

Let the man shop w/ his family.
laugh.gif

Good info...though I don't understand the Cardinal VII connection.

G' is one of the fools who decided to put a "Jumpman" on the back of some sample Black Retro III's.

Then later came to the realization of what this might mean and scrapped them for 2007.

Not just to lay blame on the man. It was a "group" choice.

But hey maybe in 2008 they will get the "Ok"

Cheers
wink.gif

DMP theme? 20k points of Mike's pro career?
Why not release Mike's broken ankle shoes?

Back
Top Bottom