Metal Gear Solid 10th Anniversary...10/21/98

Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art.png

I remember I was in Jersey spending the holidays with family.

I picked up that issue of EGM with Zelda: Ocarina Of Time on the cover since mine was in the mail back home. Remember how serious we took the scores back then?Remember your jaw dropping seeing the first game to ever get all 10's in that issue?

I can't think of a better game to recieve that honor than MGS.

I won't go into detail, we've all played and mastered it.

I will say that (SPOILER) adding Shadow Moses into MGS4 was a very awesome move by Kojima...I just wish I could've stumbled upon it on my own, I probablywould've jumped out of a window.

Anyways, it's appreciated. Happy 10th.

PS- Ya'll hear anything about 12/12/08? Supposedly the real ending of MGS4 is supposed to drop (six months later...the whole fox die thing)?

Dam I remember the 1st metal gear solid clearly, I had no idea how to play that freaking game but I was loving it, I remeber it because my mom whipped my $@#for not taking a shower and being hooked on it

i didnt have a ps1 at the time, and so i made my friend come over every weekend so we can play it. even though it was 1 player, we were both into it. goodtimes

I need to get this game, Ive played them all except this one. Also didnt Banjo Kazooie come out in 98? I never beat it but Im waiting on it to release on XBLAso I can buy it again and finally finish it lol.

I played the living hell out of this game.

Seriously, I loved that Playstation.

I'm not the biggest fan of MGS4, MGS2 is my favorite.
But the game that started it all
pimp.gif

I remember trying to play that game at Kidnercare in 2000. I know,
smh.gif
at thesupervisors. No one could figure it out and get past level 1 though.

And whats this about a 'real' ending? Was the ending not finished or something?

This is probably the only game I've gone through multiple times just for the bonus items.

MGS2-4 just didn't have the same replay value to me.

STEALTH AND BANDANA FTW!

Seriously this game was so far ahead of its time for when it came out. The graphics, the engine, the cinematics of the game everything is so amazing on thisgame. This is actually where I also got my SN from as you can tell. Seriously OP I am on the look out on craigslist to see if I can find this gem again.

Snake?
Snake!
Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!!

I need to replay MGS4

I actually played the original MGS on the nintendo when i was younger, didnt give a crap about it till it hit PSX but it was a crazy game.

Hated crawling around that cave when those wolves were around. Psychomantis fight was kinda freaky, Fight with liquid at the end was sick.

Also that torture treatment when you had to hit O rapidly had me stressed.

I'm not the biggest fan of MGS4, MGS2 is my favorite.
Funny, MGS2 is the weakest of the series IMO.

MGS: Great game but hasn't aged so well. Graphics and controls make it hard to play. Best story of the series and coolest bosses.
MGS2: Unbelievable graphics for the time, horribly confusing story, Raiden is lame, horrible replay value. Weakest boss designs also.
MGS3: Perfect. Excellent story, great characters, amazing graphics even now, long gameplay, excellent replay value, dope intro song, camo system, playing inthe wilderness, etc.
MGS4: ******ed audio/visual experience, graphics are insane. MGO sucks. Waaaaay too many movies. Also hate the mission when you have to follow dude. Overalldope but not better than MGS3.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

MGS3: Perfect. Excellent story, great characters, amazing graphics even now, long gameplay, excellent replay value, dope intro song, camo system, playing in the wilderness, etc.
The bosses were INSANE. Not really a boss fight, but the part with The Sorrow and that long river with the ghosts was epic. The battle against TheEnd was also great, and the alternate outcomes were very interesting.

I agree that MGS2 was the worst of the series. Most were not ready to play as a new character, the boss fights were mediocre, the battle against Metal Gear Raywas too easy, and the storyline got very, very confusing. The best part was collecting the dogtags.

I didn't get mine until Winter 1999...I was in love this game and still am. I beat it again a few days ago, and I still sit to watch the horrible qualitymovies [although I thought they were the best at the time].

My order goes as follows:

MGS
MGS4
MGS3
MGS2

The first, third, and fourth had the best turns in the story....the second was nice at the time too, but after playin' all the games, 2 is theweakest....still like it tho.

The bosses were INSANE. Not really a boss fight, but the part with The Sorrow and that long river with the ghosts was epic. The battle against The End was also great, and the alternate outcomes were very interesting.
The bosses exploding after they die > MGS2

MGS3 was everything I envisioned a MGS game being. For some odd reason it's the underdog of the series tho'. I guess releasing around GTA: San Andreastook a lot of it's shine away.

Won't front...I almost got choked up when I landed in Shadow Moses and this started playing as you approached the base. That song along with theflashbacks....perfect, perfect execution.

one of my favorite games of all time. got my ps1 chipped just so i could buy metal gear solid integral. then i bought the greatest his version for the usplaystation then metal gear for the pc. this is the only game i own that i have multiple copies of.

anyone ever play the remake of mgs1 on gamecube with mgs2 graphics.

btw mgs4 is the best in the series and probably the greatest game of all time.

Originally Posted by The Minister

anyone ever play the remake of mgs1 on gamecube with mgs2 graphics.

btw mgs4 is the best in the series and probably the greatest game of all time.
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. I have it.

Back
Top Bottom