Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | A Hideo Kojima Game

^ you are gonna be on that wiki for hours (or days) trying to make sense of the whole timeline. :lol:

I've been playing 4 the last 2 days and kinda forgot the controls to the game lol
I'm so used to the 1-3 controls.

Fighting Liquid Ocelot in MGS4 while doing CQC to Snake Eater sent so many chills up my spine.

The Snake Eater theme is :smokin ...find myself singing it on occasion.

Can't wait until 5 releases.

So we are basically finishing the story of Big Boss?

Its crazy sometimes in the story I feel they just add things and be like we will explain jt later, as in later games

So we are basically finishing the story of Big Boss?

Its crazy sometimes in the story I feel they just add things and be like we will explain jt later, as in later games

You never know man

If they do do another mgs game they can always add another incident

But after the phantom pain ends metal gear begins a little while later. Then metal gear 2

Think ima start playing IV tonight....literally been sitting on it until V date was announced [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I say make one post after 4 not counting that Raiden crap game.

Finish the story with Big Boss and Solid Snake working together.

I say make one post after 4 not counting that Raiden crap game.

Finish the story with Big Boss and Solid Snake working together.
MGR was great for what it was. Some people dont understand that that it's not a MGS game, so dont go in thinking that it will play like one. Enjoy it for what it is. :lol:
Personally, I cant wait for a sequel to MGR. :pimp:

It's kind of hard for them to team up again when Big Boss dies at the end of MGS4 and Snake dies 6 months later. :lol:
Plus they do work together in MG1 and part of MG2.

Last edited:
Man MGR was a great idea with great elements just done half baked. It had awesome characters that weren't fleshed out and a story that was short lived. The whole thing plays out like a 1990's anime. Can't really hate it

MGR sucked and I'm tired of people saying the soundtrack was awesome.

No, it wasn't.

MGR sucked and I'm tired of people saying the soundtrack was awesome.

No, it wasn't.

Yes it was :lol: the game didn't suck either. People just wanted mgs2 again, which the same people claim is the worst mg title :lol:

Overall mgr is a rental at best or a buy at 10 bucks

Yes it was :lol: the game didn't suck either. People just wanted mgs2 again, which the same people claim is the worst mg title :lol:

Overall mgr is a rental at best or a buy at 10 bucks
Some people don't understand man. :lol:
I guess there will always be people out there who don't like fun things. :lol:

Some people don't understand man. :lol:
I guess there will always be people out there who don't like fun things. :lol:
I mean they can say what they want, but claim the OST sucks?? I will not stand by and watch that take place! :lol: RULES OF NATURE!!

That game had all the makings of being great but just kinda stopped half way. The characters weren't used as much as they should and there overall wasn't any emotion held by the player. You've got to play the DLC and read the wiki bios to figure out what was going on with those guys and their back story.

Throw in more variety in enemies, and level design and more boss involvement for better pacing and you'd have something really good.

People wanted the game to be more mgs like but at that point I don't even think that's a good thing. I love the mg series but 4 was nothing but a kojima jerk off season to himself, by himself, for his self. You didn't even play the game. You walk 5 feet, have a 30min codec convo, followed by a 46min cutscene. You pretty much fight the bosses and that's it. I hope 5 does a better job of not doing that at all

Jet stream Sam > liquid ocelot

Last edited:
I mean they can say what they want, but claim the OST sucks?? I will not stand by and watch that take place! :lol: RULES OF NATURE!!

That game had all the makings of being great but just kinda stopped half way. The characters weren't used as much as they should and there overall wasn't any emotion held by the player. You've got to play the DLC and read the wiki bios to figure out what was going on with those guys and their back story.

Throw in more variety in enemies, and level design and more boss involvement for better pacing and you'd have something really good.

Jet stream Sam > liquid ocelot
Although this is correct, I must offer a counterargument that I believe is true. :lol:
Sundowner theme > Jetstream Sam Theme. :lol: :pimp:
Honorable mentions to Monsoon and Mistral too though. Their tracks were also fire. :lol: :pimp:

I will say this though. Sam is the realest dude in the game though. Seriously, he's a full human badass. :lol:

Senator Armstrong >

"Nanomachines son!"

Sam was ridiculous. Dude was just using desperado to be able to do his own thing. He didn't care about all the money and government BS. Had the suit with no enhancements besides the one arm and killing dudes like nothing.

Then you had monsoon who was almost all cyborg besides his head with a body held together by magnets who was actually the most intuned with nature and was a naturalist. Just the irony

Things like this the game never really touched on and it's a shame. You had to put together all this stuff on your own :lol:

Last edited:
MGR was great for what it was. Some people dont understand that that it's not a MGS game, so dont go in thinking that it will play like one. Enjoy it for what it is. :lol:
Personally, I cant wait for a sequel to MGR. :pimp:

It's kind of hard for them to team up again when Big Boss dies at the end of MGS4 and Snake dies 6 months later. :lol:
Plus they do work together in MG1 and part of MG2.

Wait what?

Haven't purchased any games until Batman:AK but this is definitely on my radar. Might read a wiki on the storyline to get an idea of it though. First MGS game I played was Sons of Liberty and just recently played Ground Zero. But this, Uncharted 4, Splinter Cell, cant wait

I would definitely play MGS 1, 3 & 4 in order to understand what's going on a bit better.

Back
Top Bottom