METS FANS - looks like we have our next GM in Sandy Alderson!

1NVj.png

You guys think he can save our franchise? He was the guy I wanted since the season ended and names started popping up. 4 division titles, 3 AL championships, 1 world series title all with Oakland in the late 80s. Hopefully he's still got it in him. Sandy definitly has a mess to work with right now. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with this team. What would you guys do if you were in Alderson's shoes?

1NVj.png

You guys think he can save our franchise? He was the guy I wanted since the season ended and names started popping up. 4 division titles, 3 AL championships, 1 world series title all with Oakland in the late 80s. Hopefully he's still got it in him. Sandy definitly has a mess to work with right now. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with this team. What would you guys do if you were in Alderson's shoes?

Mets is on a down spiral... Mets havent been anythin since Daryl Strawberry & Dwight Gooden... Mets need 2 pick up sum good prospects like they use to

Mets is on a down spiral... Mets havent been anythin since Daryl Strawberry & Dwight Gooden... Mets need 2 pick up sum good prospects like they use to

Good hire. Now get your scouts in order.  If you are willing to trade away Beltran or Reyes to get younger and get good prospects, look to KC.

Good hire. Now get your scouts in order.  If you are willing to trade away Beltran or Reyes to get younger and get good prospects, look to KC.

Trading Beltran is a bad idea. His value is too low right now. The best you will get is a mid level prospect, maybe 2 if you eat most of the 18.5 mil his due this season. Let him rehab, come back as strong as possible, and then trade him at the deadline if were out of contention. You know teams like the Red Sox and Angels will be keeping track of him.

Same for Reyes. Pick up his option. If he stays healthy/productive next year, extend him. When he's on, Joses too good to let go. Especially since he's only 27. Him and Wright should be lifetime Mets.

Trading Beltran is a bad idea. His value is too low right now. The best you will get is a mid level prospect, maybe 2 if you eat most of the 18.5 mil his due this season. Let him rehab, come back as strong as possible, and then trade him at the deadline if were out of contention. You know teams like the Red Sox and Angels will be keeping track of him.

Same for Reyes. Pick up his option. If he stays healthy/productive next year, extend him. When he's on, Joses too good to let go. Especially since he's only 27. Him and Wright should be lifetime Mets.

Yeah, I don't know much about him other than his resume being pretty solid. That was quite a while ago though....

Any change is welcome at this point though. So I'm happy with the hire.

Yeah, I don't know much about him other than his resume being pretty solid. That was quite a while ago though....

Any change is welcome at this point though. So I'm happy with the hire.

You need pitching on this team. The lack of depth in the rotation, bullpen and the minors is alarming to say the least. I agree, let them start the season in New York. You're not going to stay in the race with your current rotation, you're not going to give Cliff Lee the contract he wants and you don't want to be the team to overpay for De La Rosa.

You let them play into the season and if they both start out hot the first few months, you need to at least put some feelers out there and see what you can get back. You can get blue chip arms for both of them. Beltran to KC and Reyes to Baltimore might be two options that should be looked in to.

You need pitching on this team. The lack of depth in the rotation, bullpen and the minors is alarming to say the least. I agree, let them start the season in New York. You're not going to stay in the race with your current rotation, you're not going to give Cliff Lee the contract he wants and you don't want to be the team to overpay for De La Rosa.

You let them play into the season and if they both start out hot the first few months, you need to at least put some feelers out there and see what you can get back. You can get blue chip arms for both of them. Beltran to KC and Reyes to Baltimore might be two options that should be looked in to.

I agree we need pitching. Hopefully any potential trade with KC won't include Grienke though. Dudes too much of a headcase for NY.

Lee is a lost cause and De La Rosa has good stuff but we would be looking at another Ollie Perez sized contract. No thanks. Hopefully Matt Harvey won't take too long to develop. Him and Mejia in the rotation in 2012 if Jenrry isnt traded before then.

We need to get Sheilds or Garza from TB somehow.

I agree we need pitching. Hopefully any potential trade with KC won't include Grienke though. Dudes too much of a headcase for NY.

Lee is a lost cause and De La Rosa has good stuff but we would be looking at another Ollie Perez sized contract. No thanks. Hopefully Matt Harvey won't take too long to develop. Him and Mejia in the rotation in 2012 if Jenrry isnt traded before then.

We need to get Sheilds or Garza from TB somehow.

Nah not Greinke, one of their young lefties in the minors. Maybe take a chance on Shields and hope that a change of scenery helps him out.

Back
Top Bottom