Are the houses in Miami worth it ?

• Yes

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 37 82.2%

• Total voters
Playstation :smh:

Make better life choices sir

That’s the life advise you got for me Rusty?

I’m these times!?

AEEA2F32-5468-44BB-8BC1-B51319D3E81D.gif

not denying the media doesn't cherry pick people to tell a story?
get me the side of the story with the people who aren't fazed about the rental increase in nyc from cnbc.
Sometimes they do, but I really think that on this occasion you are reaching by claiming CNBC have some "you don't need a man" agenda they are trying to push. Given that one of the women in the video was married and depending on her husband.

Plus there are stories all over the media about how rental increases are effecting all types of people, not only young women.

Last edited:
not denying the media doesn't cherry pick people to tell a story?
get me the side of the story with the people who aren't fazed about the rental increase in nyc from cnbc.

What’s your point though?

What is the agenda?

Sometimes they do, but I really think that on this occasion you are reaching by claiming CNBC have some "you don't need a man" agenda they are trying to push. Given that one of the women in the video was married and depending on her husband.

Plus there are stories all over the media about how rental increases are effecting all types of people, not only young women.

You doing a lil too much famb
if I'm reaching. I'm reaching, but as I've gotten older I don't take any information from the media for face value.
people lie and people deceive. in this modern era it requires you to have a high level of discernment to actually see and understand the truth.

People love to blame Californians for Austin. For years it was other people from Texas actually moving there.

People who don't want to leave the state try to seek refuge from all the stupid **** somewhere not far from home.

People love to blame Californians for Austin. For years it was other people from Texas actually moving there.

People who don't want to leave the state try to seek refuge from all the stupid **** somewhere not far from home.
austin has itself to blame too
once you let in certain tech companies come you know what that will do to your city. austin really isn't austin anymore. it's all transplants.

but it's also not just austin. look at the other texas cities. dallas and houston both almost doubled as well. those cities you can blame transplants more.

austin has itself to blame too
once you let in certain tech companies come you know what that will do to your city. austin really isn't austin anymore. it's all transplants.

but it's also not just austin. look at the other texas cities. dallas and houston both almost doubled as well. those cities you can blame transplants more.

it has nothing to do with tech companies, you want companies to come to your city
it should be a total win for everyone

They should simply build more homes to accommodate the influx of new residents

and the existing residents can enjoy the benefits of increased economic activity and a larger tax base.

Cities like Austin would prefer to allow their city to become unaffordable
and displace all but the richest existing residents, than simply build more homes.

we live in a sick world.

it has nothing to do with tech companies, you want companies to come to your city
it should be a total win for everyone

They should simply build more homes to accommodate the influx of new residents

and the existing residents can enjoy the benefits of increased economic activity and a larger tax base.

Cities like Austin would prefer to allow their city to become unaffordable
and displace all but the richest existing residents, than simply build more homes.

we live in a sick world.
have you ever been to austin?
im not disagreeing with you but i think you might have to know austin to understand what i said about "austin not being austin anymore"

have you ever been to austin?
im not disagreeing with you but i think you might have to know austin to understand what i said about "austin not being austin anymore"

i get what you mean but that's how life works,
this idea that cities should be keeping culturally preserved in amber is a really conservative mindset that is incompatible with city life.

cities are supposed to be dynamic engines of economic activity.
so naturally they will and should change a lot.

austing aint austin anymore, and im sure it the "weird" austin in popular imagination wasn't the austin of the 1970's or 50's

if people want a place that stays the same and changes very slowly they should move to a rural town.

there are lots of those.

Toronto in the middle of crippling housing crisis...
just designated a old small abandoned soy sauce factory for historical preservation.

1664285257444.png

The soy sauce factory sits on a major transit lines, on one of the busiest areas of downtowns.
so for the rest of time a ******* soy sauce factory is going stuck preventing the efficient allocation of homes

in the most important city of one of the biggest economies in the world.

**** preservation, im sick of it, it should be mostly abolished.
the preservation mindset is dumb, it's a city, it changes, people need to get a grip.

i get what you mean but that's how life works,
this idea that cities should be keeping culturally preserved in amber is a really conservative mindset that is incompatible with city life.

cities are supposed to be dynamic engines of economic activity.
so naturally they will and should change a lot.

austing aint austin anymore, and im sure it the "weird" austin in popular imagination wasn't the austin of the 1970's or 50's

if people want a place that stays the same and changes very slowly they should move to a rural town.

there are lots of those.
So you've never even been to Austin.

It's literally unaffordable for any of the people that lived there . If anything the city is way less dynamic than it was before.

It's literally unaffordable for any of the people that lived there . If anything the city is way less dynamic than it was before.

well yes, hence why I said.

"They should simply build more homes to accommodate the influx of new residents"

"keep tech companies out" is not sustainable. if people want to move to your town
you can either build enough homes to meet demand,

or they will displace existing residents.

it seems Austin has chosen the latter.

People like to focus on Austin because everyone's a California expert now all of a sudden, but that's everywhere. It really feels like that chart, like living just suddenly got 30-50% or more costly. Part of what was lost in the "people don't want to work anymore" is they simply couldn't afford to keep that particular job.

Back
Top Bottom