Michael Jordan is selling his car for $430,000 vol. 07 SLR w/ 1k miles

For Sale: Michael Jordan's $430,000 Mercedes McLaren

Michael Jordan bought a 2007 Mercedes McLaren SLR 722? That's one of the best cars ever made. Nice move, M.J.

Wait, he's selling it after only driving it 962 miles? Seriously? You give me hope, Michael, and then you take it all away.

So, the McLaren can be yours for $430,000, which is a little dear for that brand even if the wheels were spun for fewer than a thousand miles (considering it cost around $475,000 new). The sellers are clearly factoring in the whole "Michael Jordan owned this car" addition.

The specs? Even three years later, this is one of the fastest things in the world. It has a 5 1/2-liter V8, it'll go from zero to just over 60 mph in 3.6 seconds, it runs with 640 horsepower and it will reach 209 miles an hour; and the rear-wheel driven monster is loaded with all sorts of carbon fiber bits so it's light as a feather in comparison to other supercars.

Also, Michael Jordan drove it. For a few hundred miles, at least.

For more pictures of the car -- which for most of us will be as close as we can get -- click the jump.

The front fascia:

ept_sports_nba_experts-207182466-1287610330.jpg

ept_sports_nba_experts-245808911-1287619323.jpg

ept_sports_nba_experts-918641413-1287619378.jpg

ept_sports_nba_experts-230763517-1287619408.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...cedes-McL?urn=nba-278651

For Sale: Michael Jordan's $430,000 Mercedes McLaren

Michael Jordan bought a 2007 Mercedes McLaren SLR 722? That's one of the best cars ever made. Nice move, M.J.

Wait, he's selling it after only driving it 962 miles? Seriously? You give me hope, Michael, and then you take it all away.

So, the McLaren can be yours for $430,000, which is a little dear for that brand even if the wheels were spun for fewer than a thousand miles (considering it cost around $475,000 new). The sellers are clearly factoring in the whole "Michael Jordan owned this car" addition.

The specs? Even three years later, this is one of the fastest things in the world. It has a 5 1/2-liter V8, it'll go from zero to just over 60 mph in 3.6 seconds, it runs with 640 horsepower and it will reach 209 miles an hour; and the rear-wheel driven monster is loaded with all sorts of carbon fiber bits so it's light as a feather in comparison to other supercars.

Also, Michael Jordan drove it. For a few hundred miles, at least.

For more pictures of the car -- which for most of us will be as close as we can get -- click the jump.

The front fascia:

ept_sports_nba_experts-207182466-1287610330.jpg

ept_sports_nba_experts-245808911-1287619323.jpg

ept_sports_nba_experts-918641413-1287619378.jpg

ept_sports_nba_experts-230763517-1287619408.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...cedes-McL?urn=nba-278651

even if i could afford(which i cant of course) i wouldn't buy this, it's very nice though

even if i could afford(which i cant of course) i wouldn't buy this, it's very nice though

*Calls accountant*
Nah but seriously does anyone know about the maintenance on it?
Is it crazy high?

*Calls accountant*
Nah but seriously does anyone know about the maintenance on it?
Is it crazy high?

Wow..... My dad is really cool with the guys at the last detail in north Chicago were Jordan stores all the cars he doesn't drive...... I sat in this car in 06 hadn't been driven yet....... When Jordan buys ferraris he buys 2 one black one red I saw over 20 of his cars that hadn't seen the highway kinda makes me sad but at the same time it's something I would love to be able to do

Wow..... My dad is really cool with the guys at the last detail in north Chicago were Jordan stores all the cars he doesn't drive...... I sat in this car in 06 hadn't been driven yet....... When Jordan buys ferraris he buys 2 one black one red I saw over 20 of his cars that hadn't seen the highway kinda makes me sad but at the same time it's something I would love to be able to do

Originally Posted by BrockBo

pimp.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by BrockBo

pimp.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif

Am I the only one that expected the car to be decked out with jumpman vinyls everywhere?

Car looks good..wheels could be better though..overall not worth 430k even if mj drove it

Am I the only one that expected the car to be decked out with jumpman vinyls everywhere?

Car looks good..wheels could be better though..overall not worth 430k even if mj drove it

^Nah.
Mike seems to always keep it simple and classy (at least with the cars anyway).

^Nah.
Mike seems to always keep it simple and classy (at least with the cars anyway).

Back
Top Bottom