Michael Phelps: If he has a bad 2012 Olympics does that tarnish his legacy?

The fact that Phelps makes everyone tune in to swimming during this Olympics says a whole lot about his legacy already.

That means he does not live to any true olympic standard and will never amount to anything.

LOL.. stop it. First ya'll were saying it was cause it's just swimming, now its cause he smokes pot?

I'm willing to bet 90% of the people participating this year have done it too. I have yet to meet someone born post baby boomer that hasn't matter of fact.

LOL.. stop it. First ya'll were saying it was cause it's just swimming, now its cause he smokes pot?
I'm willing to bet 90% of the people participating this year have done it too. I have yet to meet someone born post baby boomer that hasn't matter of fact.

*****. There's no way your sarcasm meter is that defective. I mean the video frame that's showing literally shows 6 strips of bacon in a pan.

Last edited:
I know he says he won't swim in 2016 but you never know; things could change

I bet he could still pull a gold or two at age 31

I am glad he did better than Lochte; dude seems like a total tool bag...I like Nathan Adrian; that kid makes you want to root for him

I think the only people that bring up this 'tarnish legacy' topic with an athlete that may be (or may not be) on a downturn of their career, are only people that have never succeeded at anything real themselves - and only bring in their personal failures as a bias.

I bet he could still pull a gold or two at age 31
i think he can cut down his individual schedule to just the 100 free and 100 fly.. then swim the 200 free at the US trials just so he cane be on the 4 x 200 free relay

and then he can have a shot at 5 more medals.. 100 free, 100 fly, 4 x100 free, 4 x 100 medley and 4 x 200 free

4 years is a long time. i think he's done. i don't see him coming back.

he talked about playing golf, diving with sharks, and visiting different countries. i don't see him training half as hard as he did for London. what a life he's lived...he should just enjoy it now :smokin

Who knows, but I see this record staying atop for a VERY long time.

*****. There's no way your sarcasm meter is that defective. I mean the video frame that's showing literally shows 6 strips of bacon in a pan.
This got me.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Who knows, but I see this record staying atop for a VERY long time.

Missy Franklin could pull it off.

Missy has to be the women's swimming favorite going into the 2016 Brasil Games. Would like to see her individual freestyle improve in the next four years. She's already the backstroke Queen, how about adding a 200 or 400 IM to an already loaded program (think it was 17 total swims in London).

Clary will be one of the men's swimming headliners in Rio. Strong fly and back. Le Clos might have fly on lock in the near future. Breast is wide open with Hansen and Kitajima on the gradual decline. Too much fluctuation with the 50 and 100 free but I'm betting on the Aussies to show better in 2016.

Also, very upset Stephy Rice may be retiring from swimming. She's distraught over her right shoulder problems and doesn't plan to train through such difficulty long-term.

That means he does not live to any true olympic standard and will never amount to anything.

This is your brain on marijuana.

Back
Top Bottom