Mid-twenties crisis.. Need advice

I've been doing alot of thinking lately in regards to life in general, and where i'm at in life so here's my question NT. As far as American society is concerned, what are some of the things that a 24 year old male should be doing?? I mean as far as friends, family, career, money, love-life, emotional maturity, etc are concerned where should he be in life?? What is age-appropriate for a 24 year old male?  Which direction should he be moving in? What lifestyle would you consider to be slacking??and what is considered excelling?  No, this isn't my homework, I'm generally curious... and please keep your generic "just do you, don't worry about anyone else" comments to yourself. I'm actually interested in hearing what you guys have to say about the topic, sometimes I get motivated by the point of view of others. Thanks guys.

I've been doing alot of thinking lately in regards to life in general, and where i'm at in life so here's my question NT. As far as American society is concerned, what are some of the things that a 24 year old male should be doing?? I mean as far as friends, family, career, money, love-life, emotional maturity, etc are concerned where should he be in life?? What is age-appropriate for a 24 year old male?  Which direction should he be moving in? What lifestyle would you consider to be slacking??and what is considered excelling?  No, this isn't my homework, I'm generally curious... and please keep your generic "just do you, don't worry about anyone else" comments to yourself. I'm actually interested in hearing what you guys have to say about the topic, sometimes I get motivated by the point of view of others. Thanks guys.

From the perspective of a 17-year old:

-No relationships, no commitments
-Grad school or working a solid job, but with the intent to rise up the corporate ladder
-Good family relationships, but slightly distance because of work/fast life
-Don't take %$+% from anyone. You're in the prime of your life so people should roll with it or leave
-Live nicely but definitely within your means
-Smash women
-Stack money

-Grad school or working a solid job, but with the intent to rise up the corporate ladder
-Don't take %$+% from anyone. You're in the prime of your life so people should roll with it or leave
-Smash women
-Stack money

As generic as this sounds, do what you feel is right, why squander your talent and capabilities to do amazing things by following what every one else is doing? Ever body is different, there for the paths we take mist be different

As generic as this sounds, do what you feel is right, why squander your talent and capabilities to do amazing things by following what every one else is doing? Ever body is different, there for the paths we take mist be different

Originally Posted by scshift

-Smash women
-Stack money

Thats pretty much the American "standard" that everyone sets. 
Me personally? I say $##! everything. Do what you want according to your feelings fam. You only live once. Do what you want, how you want. And the outcome is all on you.

But... My list is just like that one above, mostly because... Thats the life I want 
laugh.gif

And I'm 22

-Smash women
-Stack money

Me personally? I say $##! everything. Do what you want according to your feelings fam. You only live once. Do what you want, how you want. And the outcome is all on you.

But... My list is just like that one above, mostly because... Thats the life I want 
laugh.gif

And I'm 22

It aint no set plan to follow OP...there are tons of different ways that people ur age right now are living based on what you want for urself, location, oppurtunities, circumstances, etc... Just do what u want and can

It aint no set plan to follow OP...there are tons of different ways that people ur age right now are living based on what you want for urself, location, oppurtunities, circumstances, etc... Just do what u want and can

Originally Posted by Ikaman

You just answered your own question

Originally Posted by Ikaman

You just answered your own question

Sounds like your going through a semi-crisis that I went through when I was 25. Don't know where to go with your life, don't understand what your role/position is or is supposed to be.

Your in for a wild ride my man...how quickly you get out of this will be your test like it was for me and countless others that were in their mid 20's.

Turn off your t.v., stop logging onto facebook and checking what other people are doing with their lives. Stop expecting to do something and just put one foot in front of the other and start doing something.

You sound like your in a rut right now.

It sounds like you want to formulate a plan based on the suggestions that are being posted here. It's a nice start but it really won't help that much. Go to the motivational quote thread, read a page and either do some research on how you can get to where you need to be, or just do something proactive. When you get tired go read another page.

Comparison to others especially those more "well off" than you will light a fire in you...but it won't be a good fire. Instead find people you look up to and look at their accomplishments...that will surely set you straight.

Don't try and sleep it off, or meditate too much over it. There is no better time to be young and foolish than right now.

Sounds like your going through a semi-crisis that I went through when I was 25. Don't know where to go with your life, don't understand what your role/position is or is supposed to be.

Your in for a wild ride my man...how quickly you get out of this will be your test like it was for me and countless others that were in their mid 20's.

Turn off your t.v., stop logging onto facebook and checking what other people are doing with their lives. Stop expecting to do something and just put one foot in front of the other and start doing something.

You sound like your in a rut right now.

It sounds like you want to formulate a plan based on the suggestions that are being posted here. It's a nice start but it really won't help that much. Go to the motivational quote thread, read a page and either do some research on how you can get to where you need to be, or just do something proactive. When you get tired go read another page.

Comparison to others especially those more "well off" than you will light a fire in you...but it won't be a good fire. Instead find people you look up to and look at their accomplishments...that will surely set you straight.

Don't try and sleep it off, or meditate too much over it. There is no better time to be young and foolish than right now.

Worrying what society thinks and needing their input to model your life just means you're gonna have a midlife crisis at 50.

Worrying what society thinks and needing their input to model your life just means you're gonna have a midlife crisis at 50.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I agree. I've realized doing what makes you happy is more important than chasing after some kind of standard or glimpse of success.

I agree. I've realized doing what makes you happy is more important than chasing after some kind of standard or glimpse of success.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

-Smash women
-Stack money

laugh.gif

And I'm 22

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

-Smash women
-Stack money

laugh.gif

And I'm 22

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GOTONE

compare yourself to your friends and you will have a good grasp.
If you feel you have to compare yourself to others OP, I'd go by this.

Originally Posted by GOTONE

compare yourself to your friends and you will have a good grasp.
If you feel you have to compare yourself to others OP, I'd go by this.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Back
Top Bottom