Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

Since this has become the unofficial power rangers thread, what is everyone's honest assessment of Zack? As a kid, Zack was the man to me. He combined smooth dance moves with Karate and seemed like a really cool dude. Looking back at it though, Zack's handling of the Angela situation was pretty pathetic. She stayed dissing this guy and yet he tried to buy her pearls to impress her on a date. Even Tommy and Kim tried to stop dude. Sure, he bought fake pearls from Rita, but Angela destroyed dude and he took so many Ls.

^^ that this movie is gonna have a more serious story driven tone then a campy teenage super squad adventure. I wanted my Kimberly to be a super exaggerated valley girl....this chick ain't even blond

Campy and exaggerated with unabashedly corny puns isn't going to fly in 2015.

Last edited:
I still got my original Megazord sans a few pieces that fell off. Dragonzord w/o the tail tip :lol: and accidentally dropped the middle piece in a bucket of bleach water when I was trying to clean/sanitize them for my daughter since they were in the basement for years.

She still loves em though

Ugh, the dragonzord is like the hardest one to find I believe.

I think you can still find the rest of the original zords on the Internet lol

Since this has become the unofficial power rangers thread, what is everyone's honest assessment of Zack? As a kid, Zack was the man to me. He combined smooth dance moves with Karate and seemed like a really cool dude. Looking back at it though, Zack's handling of the Angela situation was pretty pathetic. She stayed dissing this guy and yet he tried to buy her pearls to impress her on a date. Even Tommy and Kim tried to stop dude. Sure, he bought fake pearls from Rita, but Angela destroyed dude and he took so many Ls.
Haha, he tried for the HR at the first pitch.

Zack was the coolest character on the show. A part of me wishes he was the leader of the team.

Part of me hopes that Bulk and Skull could slap the fire out of one of the rangers. I don't care which one.

They did? Time to buy them all
nerd.gif
Yup, Toys R Us sold re-released the "Legacy" version of the Megazord and Dragonzord. I'd buy them, but I'd how nowhere to put them.
ohwell.gif

MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILER SO BEWARE!

Exclusive: ‘Power Rangers’ Movie Villains, Timeline, and Opening Scene Revealed

When it was announced that Lionsgate would be developing a new Power Rangers movie, everyone jumped to the conclusion that it would be a reboot of the original Mighty Morphin Power Ranger TV series. Not so fast! According to new intel, we have learned that director Dean Israelite‘s action picture won’t be focused on mining old property at all, but rather continuing the story told in the long-running television show. In fact, it’s looking like the movie will be wholly set after the events of the current TV iteration, Power Rangers Dino Charge. And since we’re hearing that Dino Charge characters factor into the movie’s opening, perhaps it will serve as a hand-off of the franchise to the new super-suited team.

We’ve also learned that Power Rangers is expected to shoot in Vancouver from January to April of next year, which is the earliest that fans will be able to get a glimpse of what the final film might just look like. Keep in mind that whatever set photos inevitably leak, we’ve learned that Power Rangers will mix location work with quite a bit of green screen, so the fully polished version is going to differ significantly from any amateur long-lens shots.

We’ve also learned that the movie will open with a huge battle scene. This has been referenced at various places across the Web before, but we have some new details as to the villains involved and just what they’re fighting over. It seems that in Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz‘s script, Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd will not be the main antagonists. As loyal fans of the series know (and this could be considered a spoiler here), both of those villains were among the evil forces purified by Zordon’s energy wave (or Z-wave) that spread peace throughout the universe. However, not all adversaries were neutralized. There’s even one major villain from the early days of the series who promised she would return, but never did, prompting people to assume that she was destroyed or turned good by the Z-wave.

Yes, I’m talking about Scorpina, of course! Sources tell us the ruthless and dangerous minion of Rita has returned to plague the Rangers once more. And it seems she’s brought an army, which she uses to battle the Power Rangers and their robot Megazords in the epic opening battle scene. From what we’re hearing, the Rangers (presumably the Dino Charge team at this point) are protecting the Morphin Grid, an energy field that provides power to every generation of Rangers. This energy grid not only lets the Rangers borrow its power to morph into their super versions, it gives them access to past, present, and future Ranger memories so that they can glimpse other Rangers and glean strategies from battles. The instruction manual on the Morphin Grid is probably pretty extensive, but certain glitches like not being able to sustain two of the same Rangers for long will give the Power Rangers writers plenty of plot options to work with.

Here’s where I take a second to speculate. I haven’t been keeping up with the Power Rangers TV series for a number of years, so feel free to correct me or add your own thoughts. It sounds like the current Dino Charge team will be able to glimpse the future team, ie. the team which will take over in the movie, but it remains to be seen whether or not the Morphin Grid will survive Scorpina’s attack. If not, then it will probably fall to the new team to restore their portion of it somehow, especially since it’s supposed to represent the balance that is maintained between the forces of good and evil.

At this point, I can honestly say I’m a bit more interested in checking out the new movie version of Power Rangers, especially since it sounds like Lionsgate and the filmmakers are keeping the fans’ considerations and loyalties in mind rather than just rebooting a popular property.

Well, my interest in the film went to zero. Only watched the first and second seasons and could care less about anything else. That said, I don't know what I was expecting. I guess I was hoping for a PG-13 version of that short film.

Hope the present fans of the franchise get a good movie though.

MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILER SO BEWARE!
Wow, so they're continuing off the last series. Interesting. I thought it was a creative idea for the current rangers (Dino Charge) be able to morph into the past Ranger outfits...But I disliked how they were able to use them. IMO, that finale where some of the OG characters and OG rangers kinda was a fail.

Anyway, if the movie continues on where that show leaves off...Then I see where continuity aspect of the MMPR comes in. A new team having to start with the OG morphers and megazord. Interesting to see how this will translate...But it's also a good way for the film to keep the fans of Dino Charge and bring back the fans from the OG series.

Just have an interesting story, legit fighting coreography, and cameos from the Mighty Morphin team (minus Trini, RIP).

And just like that, this movie went from lackluster sales, to "you should just release it on Netflix" status :lol:

I really hope that story isn't true though. If they began from the beginning where Zordon was fighting as a ranger to the OG five...that would be perfect.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah an origin film showing Zordon as a ranger and how it all began would be awesome

Back
Top Bottom