Miguel is the best R&B artist in the game right now.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

ya'll gonna stop bringing up the Weeknd in every R&B thread
laugh.gif
I mean...he's the best thing to happen to the genre in ages.  I mean there really has been a complete drought of good R&B this whole decade and he has come and put out 3 dope tapes in the span of the year, why wouldn't he get brought up in a thread that is declaring Miguel as the best in the genre
laugh.gif

Miguel has a nice voice though but ehh....If we are not talking about Mr. Tesfaye, it's The Dream>*

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

laugh.gif
I mean...he's the best thing to happen to the genre in ages.  I mean there really has been a complete drought of good R&B this whole decade and he has come and put out 3 dope tapes in the span of the year, why wouldn't he get brought up in a thread that is declaring Miguel as the best in the genre
laugh.gif

Miguel has a nice voice though but ehh....If we are not talking about Mr. Tesfaye, it's The Dream>*

man, do you understand we are only focusing on the best singing ability.. The Dream is miles ahead of Miguel as a artist.. so is Rihanna ahead of most women.. but neither the Dream nor Rihanna can sing.. they are just better artists than the rest.

Havent listened to too much Muguel but I like almost all of the songs I have heard. I definitely need to check out more of his material though..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
. He's the worst thing to happen and this is coming from a fan.
Raheem Devaughn, Anthony Hamilton, R.Kelly, countless others are R&B. The garbage on the radio coming out of CB, Trey Songs, the Weekend, Miguel is POP!

The Dream re-invented R&B into what it is now which is good and bad. Terius is leaps and bounds ahead of the weeknd, CB, Miguel etc but, again, he's a pop.

Why don't yall go back to the 90s and listen to real R&B so you know how to gauge what is and isn't R&B.

miguels album was dope...even though it had a few throwaways and year old tracks..

dont think the weeknd is really "R&B"

wont anoint him the best but hes def up there

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

thanks to whoever brought up Raheem...it took everything in me not to
laugh.gif

do you guys even listen to R&B or just whats hot for now? even if you liked all 3 of the weeknds tapes how is he the best thing to happen to the genre?

there are much better artists than Miguel but he probably has next as far as mainstream...i never hear anyone mention the weeknd outside of NT and twitter...not that he doesn't have a nice following but no way he's gonna hold it down for R&B i refuse to believe that
laugh.gif

i think Miguel is only gonna go up from here...

Miguel is dope. I don't know where he ranks though cuz I only listen to a few R&B singers I think r dope...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

do you guys even listen to R&B or just whats hot for now? even if you liked all 3 of the weeknds tapes how is he the best thing to happen to the genre?

there are much better artists than Miguel but he probably has next as far as mainstream...i never hear anyone mention the weeknd outside of NT and twitter...not that he doesn't have a nice following but no way he's gonna hold it down for R&B i refuse to believe that
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
 real R&B heads know. 
I liked Miguel. When he was independent, I thought he was gonna be what we needed but then he got a major deal and now he's running around being "eccentric" and his music is washed down for radio listeners.

Garden of Love> All three Weeknds mixtapes.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

Raheem Devaughn can fart better music than Miguel or The Weeknd. Some of you NTers have the game all wrong.

I'm saying...I go on SoulBounce.com and get better music opinions on R&B then I do here. 
laugh.gif

Dont confuse radio spins with the best content thats available. 

all of this. both quotes

Not really co-signing the title of the post, but saw him at Wale's show this past Friday and was pleasantly surprised by his performance - both on his side and the response from the audience. Didn't expect the love from the audience he received, but he actually killed it. 
Some Pics from his performance I snapped, if anyone's interested.

Miguel is a good vocalist and has a unique sound to his music, but, I can see why people who prefer a more traditional R&B style might not like his style. He kinda reminds me of a modern day Prince even though I'm not really a fan of Prince. I prefer him over Trey Songz and The Dream though, but, he's not better than Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, or even Usher(even though he's only making that damn dance music exclusively right now).

Originally Posted by Regis

Im assuming all of you are trolling by acting like The Dream doesnt exist.

Yes Diego, The Dream makes better songs/music than him.. but The Dream can't sing.. he admits it himself... nobody is seeing Rihanna..but we can all agree that %@@%! cant sing

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
 real R&B heads know. 
I liked Miguel. When he was independent, I thought he was gonna be what we needed but then he got a major deal and now he's running around being "eccentric" and his music is washed down for radio listeners.

Garden of Love> All three Weeknds mixtapes.
HELL NO, Garden of Love isn't even the best song on that album. Weeknd is mad talented, his first album is damn near flawless. Second has some great songs and the third is just ehhh. 
Miguel doesn't have the best voice, seen him live three times and it's not strong. It's a little above average at best. Tank got the best voice in the game, Noel Gourdin's voice is mad nice too.

Chris Brown is R&B? lol Let's rethink that one. He hasn't been solid R&B since what the first album?

^ no, hasn't wanted to be in years. He has good songs but albums are +**% now. Here I Stand was half good, Raymond vs Raymond had FOUR if that

Back
Top Bottom