Mike Shanahan hired as Head Coach of the Washington ********

Campbell and Bruce Allen for McFadden

nerd.gif

Where is that rock clappin .gif at so I can give it to Jason?

Leaving in the DMV, Jason gets alot of hate from Skins and non skin fans, and alot of it is not warranted. I'm glad that if he is done in DC, he went outin style.

Go to Minnesota and backup Favre for 1 year

OO yea congrats on the Shannahan signing

Full control over football decisions? Ain't that why he fell on his face in Denver his last few years?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Full control over football decisions? Ain't that why he fell on his face in Denver his last few years?

One of the reasons I don't think this will last any more that 3 years in DC.

laugh.gif
@ CP and JC of all people arguing about leadership. The irony.

Campbell is garbage and Portis is the ******** best player on offense. That's all that matters. When healthy, Portis produces. Campbell doesn't. In aleague full of "me-1st" players I don't anybody truly cares what Portis thinks so long as he is producing.

Portis been blocking his %@% off for Campbell for years. B-Move to be throwing him under the bus. Everything Portis said was true but he shouldn't havecalled JC out publicly like that. Foul on his part.

Skins will be better off next year without JC and with a healthy Portis.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

laugh.gif

Campbell is garbage and Portis is the ******** best player on offense. That's all that matters. When healthy, Portis produces. Campbell doesn't. In a league full of "me-1st" players I don't anybody truly cares what Portis thinks so long as he is producing.

Portis been blocking his %@% off for Campbell for years. B-Move to be throwing him under the bus. Everything Portis said was true but he shouldn't have called JC out publicly like that. Foul on his part.

I have read that Shanahan was leaning towards keeping Campbell, even if we draft a QB. I think Portis has more of a chance of being gone thanCampbell. And yea, perhaps if Portis worked his **+ off and got in shape in the offseason he'd have a good year next year, but we know he will come insloppy as hell again.

You don't think the fact that he was coming back to play for a clueless jim zorn had anything to do with it? If recall the ******** were doing pretty wellback in '08 when they were running the ball and the O went through Portis, Cooley, etc. Then they went away from that and started tanking. Portis calledZorn out on it and Zorn just ignored it.

CP had his best years under Shanahan.....i'm willing to bet he'll be in tip top shape come camp.

You don't think the fact that he was coming back to play for a clueless jim zorn had anything to do with it? If recall the ******** were doing pretty well back in '08 when they were running the ball and the O went through Portis, Cooley, etc. Then they went away from that and started tanking. Portis called Zorn out on it and Zorn just ignored it.

CP had his best years under Shanahan.....i'm willing to bet he'll be in tip top shape come camp.
We didn't go away from Portis; the line stopped blocking effectively for him and he slowed down at the end of the year as he got nicked up.Plus everyone started to figure out what Zorn was doing and we didn't adjust.

Maybe Shanahan's presence will be enough to motivate him to get in shape, but he's guilty until proven innocent as far as I'm concerned.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

THIS

and what was the point of bringing in Bruce Allen? he is more of a cap guy

laugh.gif

Campbell is garbage and Portis is the ******** best player on offense. That's all that matters. When healthy, Portis produces. Campbell doesn't. In a league full of "me-1st" players I don't anybody truly cares what Portis thinks so long as he is producing.

Portis been blocking his %@% off for Campbell for years. B-Move to be throwing him under the bus. Everything Portis said was true but he shouldn't have called JC out publicly like that. Foul on his part.

Couldn't be more wrong. Portis is washed up. I hope we get rid of him. Cooley is our best offensive player by a longshot. Campbell is good enough to getthe job done. If you give him a good O-Line then he's a good quarterback. He's no Brees or Manning or Rivers, but he's pretty damn good and hedoesn't make stupid mistakes (generally). We definately have set him up to fail the last couple years. Good for Jason for stepping up and firing back atCP. About damn time.

I think that Campbell could do well in the league still, and I'm not a Skins fan.

Originally Posted by aepps20

I miss him coaching the Broncos. Washington just got themselves a great coach.

Was it a huge upgrade over what they had YES. Is he a "great" coach no.

I dunno how I feel about this.

I like Mike and I love the Skins but they dont sound like a good combo.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by aepps20

I miss him coaching the Broncos. Washington just got themselves a great coach.

Was it a huge upgrade over what they had YES. Is he a "great" coach no.
How many average coaches do you know that have won two Super Bowls?

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

An the3 Washington ******** reliance upon star power to influence football decisions continue. I don't think there is much proof that Mike Shanahan is that good of a coach post Elway and considering Bruce Allen is mainly a cap guy, that means Mike might as well be the GM. If I recall that didn't work out so well for Denver.

I'm skeptical, but I will take glee watching the faces of my tortured DC/Maryland cousins, recoil at another failed star signing.
laugh.gif

Best of luck ******* fans.
wink.gif
I'm a Skins fans and I agree with some of your points. However, in Denver Shanahan had the Broncos fairly competitive on a yearly basis. Inhis 13 seasons there he had 7 ten win + seasons. I'm not a big fan of Shanahan as a coach especially with the whole VP of football operations title butthis organization needs personnel who can bring some stability, pro football experience, organization, accountability and continuity to this team. And (lordwilling) the addition of Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan will accomplish this.

As opposed to prior seasons under Dan Snyder the Skins are finally resembling a REAL NFL ORGANIZATION. By first hiring a true GM, then an experiencedcompetent coach, and working their way up from there. So I applaud them taking steps in the right direction. By establishing a foundation then building ontop of that as opposed to trying to build a house by purchasing and installing fancy chandeliers and high priced appliances before even laying the concretefounding and strong outlying support structure, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom