Mike Zimmer Says He's Coming Back As Bengals Defensive Coordinator

dacomeup

Supporter
Zimmer says he's coming back
Posted Jan 12, 2010

Mike Zimmer confirmed Tuesday in a text message he is returning to the Bengals as defensive coordinator.

Zimmer wouldn't elaboate but it is believed the deal was offered before he left for Dallas Monday to re-join his family as well as check up on son Adam's trip to the NFC playoffs as the Saints assistant linebackers coach.

It turns out to be the Bengals' first strike in free agency, less than 72 hours after the Wild Card loss to the Jets, and it may end up to be their biggest heading into 2010. In two years Zimmer has taken the Bengals from 27th in the NFL to fourth with a unit that fueled this past season's six-game sweep of the AFC North in which the Bengals allowed just seven offensive touchdowns.

"Great news. We've got the main dude back. I can't wait to get it going again," said defensive tackle Domata Peko. "I'm happy for him because he said he wanted to come back and the reason he wanted to come back was because he loved us and he didn't want to have to start all over again

*PAGING Gift23* ******** next target?

Really happy for him & hopefully they'll keep improving in the league

He is a good coordinator but I expect him to get a head coaching offer and leave in a year or two if Cincy's D looks good again. Still no help to theoffense though which is where they struggle

Originally Posted by dmxfury

He is a good coordinator but I expect him to get a head coaching offer and leave in a year or two if Cincy's D looks good again. Still no help to the offense though which is where they struggle

Hopefully Bratkowski is fired, and that is the first step towards helping the offense. I definitely expect them to focus on adding weapons in the draft thoughfor the offense.

Fine I'll take my L.

The Bastard.
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Looks like we'll be getting Jim Haslett for DC then.

Now get Brat outta here, pick up a couple receivers.. *cough* Mardy Gilyard, Brandon Marshall *cough*... and the off-season will be a success.

You know Mike though, chances are Brat will be back for his....10th year?

Back
Top Bottom