Minnesota Vikings 2011 Off-Season Thread.... [McNabb and Aromashodu to Minnesota, Rice to Seattle.]

I sure hope Sidney stays. It would make McNabb possibly much more effective. Lots to sort out yet, but that would be a huge blow.  

Sounds like the trade for McNabb is for a 2012 6th round pick and possibly a 2013 6th round. Good value.

No more Sid 
frown.gif

I sure hope McNabb has still something left in the tank...we're about 3 years too late on the guy 
tired.gif

No more Sid 
frown.gif

I sure hope McNabb has still something left in the tank...we're about 3 years too late on the guy 
tired.gif

I hope McNabb can work well with the crappy receiving corp we got left outside of Harvin. I really hope Harvin can stay healthy, I think McNabb has a good 2 more years left in him, which is perfect for Ponder. We need a good corner badly and a decent WR wouldn't hurt either.

McNabb seems like a guy that will work great with Leslie, we're not gonna be in contention this year though, the Pack and Bears and even the Lions are miles ahead of us I feel. But every season is different, I can only hope for the best... losing Rice stings a bit, but it's not the end of the world. *optimistic*

I hope McNabb can work well with the crappy receiving corp we got left outside of Harvin. I really hope Harvin can stay healthy, I think McNabb has a good 2 more years left in him, which is perfect for Ponder. We need a good corner badly and a decent WR wouldn't hurt either.

McNabb seems like a guy that will work great with Leslie, we're not gonna be in contention this year though, the Pack and Bears and even the Lions are miles ahead of us I feel. But every season is different, I can only hope for the best... losing Rice stings a bit, but it's not the end of the world. *optimistic*

Y'all got something good with DA it wouldn't surpass me one bit if he becomes a 1000 yrd Wr

Y'all got something good with DA it wouldn't surpass me one bit if he becomes a 1000 yrd Wr

Originally Posted by hymen man

we're not gonna be in contention this year though, the Pack and Bears and even the Lions are miles ahead of us I feel.  
30t6p3b.gif

tired.gif

It's true though. It would take a miracle season like Favre in 09 to get us in contention for a playoff spot with how we're presently constructed. 

Originally Posted by hymen man

we're not gonna be in contention this year though, the Pack and Bears and even the Lions are miles ahead of us I feel.  
30t6p3b.gif

tired.gif

It's true though. It would take a miracle season like Favre in 09 to get us in contention for a playoff spot with how we're presently constructed. 

^ Getting McNabb closes the gap I think. The Packers are clear front runners, but Minnesota has the talent to do very well again. Still upset over Sidney, but we can manage.

^ Getting McNabb closes the gap I think. The Packers are clear front runners, but Minnesota has the talent to do very well again. Still upset over Sidney, but we can manage.

Hope the bum $!+ vikings enjoy the basement of the north this year.  4-12 at best, atleast yall will get a good draft pick.  

Hope the bum $!+ vikings enjoy the basement of the north this year.  4-12 at best, atleast yall will get a good draft pick.  

I consider myself pretty cynical, but I really don't see where all the negativity is coming from (not from NT, just in general) I mean, I am not in a rush to place bets in vegas but I mean, I really don't see any glaring holes. Always preferred robinson to edwards, and we still have an elite run game, and decent defense. That is all you need in this league. 
I like the McNabb signing -what's not too like for that price?

Please get another gaurd

Please sign a cornerback for depth

Please sign a competent safety!!!!

Roster as is 7-9 

I consider myself pretty cynical, but I really don't see where all the negativity is coming from (not from NT, just in general) I mean, I am not in a rush to place bets in vegas but I mean, I really don't see any glaring holes. Always preferred robinson to edwards, and we still have an elite run game, and decent defense. That is all you need in this league. 

Please get another gaurd

Roster as is 7-9 

Ok so loosing Rice I think almost negates getting McNabb. I agree with the aforementioned vision of our window closing quickly. AP runs too hard and is too tough on his body to think he will be what he is now for much more than 2 more years. I think the McNabb move was good but only if we are going to win now. If that's the case, we need to fix the secondary and line yet, and we need another receiver. Aromashadu and Harvin are not 1 receivers and Harvin isn't even a 2 guy, he's a slot receiver. Braylon Edward, Roy Williams, Mark Clayton are all still on the market, the Vikings best not be done making moves. I was excited about getting McNabb, but the fact he has no way to avoid sacks with our line and even less weapons to throw the ball to makes it a complete wash. The next few days will be interesting. On a side note, you know Sidney is think, I'll have to put up with Tavaris' wack !#! for one year and then catch balls from Andrew Luck, good deal for me...

Ok so loosing Rice I think almost negates getting McNabb. I agree with the aforementioned vision of our window closing quickly. AP runs too hard and is too tough on his body to think he will be what he is now for much more than 2 more years. I think the McNabb move was good but only if we are going to win now. If that's the case, we need to fix the secondary and line yet, and we need another receiver. Aromashadu and Harvin are not 1 receivers and Harvin isn't even a 2 guy, he's a slot receiver. Braylon Edward, Roy Williams, Mark Clayton are all still on the market, the Vikings best not be done making moves. I was excited about getting McNabb, but the fact he has no way to avoid sacks with our line and even less weapons to throw the ball to makes it a complete wash. The next few days will be interesting. On a side note, you know Sidney is think, I'll have to put up with Tavaris' wack !#! for one year and then catch balls from Andrew Luck, good deal for me...

Agreed about the receiver, Roy Williams 1, Edwards 1a, and Clayton B. Still say defense should be our first priority, I know he aint the Mcnabb of old, but we all saw the recievers he won with in Philly.

Agreed about the receiver, Roy Williams 1, Edwards 1a, and Clayton B. Still say defense should be our first priority, I know he aint the Mcnabb of old, but we all saw the recievers he won with in Philly.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Please get another gaurd

Roster as is 7-9 

An elite RB =/= an elite run game. The O-Line was not good last year and it hasn't been improved. The "decent"(nolonger very good) defense is only getting older, has less depth than last year, and still is lacking good DBs. The Williams'(if Pat comes back) will both be suspended 4 games and there's no one decent to replace them. Percy is not a #1 WR and will probably miss a couple games. There are no #1 WRs left in free agency either. McNabb is obviously nowhere near the player he used to be. This team is destined for mediocrity unless they have some big moves up their sleeves and McNabb returns to being an elite QB a la Favre '09.

Realistically at this point it'll be another 6-10 season and could be worse in the coming years.

The only real positive since the start of last year is Chilldress being gone.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Please get another gaurd

Roster as is 7-9 

An elite RB =/= an elite run game. The O-Line was not good last year and it hasn't been improved. The "decent"(nolonger very good) defense is only getting older, has less depth than last year, and still is lacking good DBs. The Williams'(if Pat comes back) will both be suspended 4 games and there's no one decent to replace them. Percy is not a #1 WR and will probably miss a couple games. There are no #1 WRs left in free agency either. McNabb is obviously nowhere near the player he used to be. This team is destined for mediocrity unless they have some big moves up their sleeves and McNabb returns to being an elite QB a la Favre '09.

Realistically at this point it'll be another 6-10 season and could be worse in the coming years.

The only real positive since the start of last year is Chilldress being gone.

Back
Top Bottom