MJ in adidas.

Originally Posted by cqjordans23

thank god he didnt sign with adidas
pimp.gif
.... and the dunk is quite insane....
grin.gif

now im trying to picture the adidas logo on my jordans and the 3 stripes in replacement of the swoosh...that's ugly.

Well, it seems, he wore a nr. 5 jersey, and the opponent wears a jersey that has "stars" written on it...
So I think a year before olympics, there've been a Pan-Am games, or something like this... Where the teams of the american continent qualify themselves tothe Olympic games. That year, he wore a nr. 5 jersey. The Team USA teams play some games with NBA or College All-Star teams while they are preparing for theinternational competition. (That's why the posterized guy has "stars" written on his jersey.)
By the way. Converse didn't really pay that much attention to MJ and didn't want to pay that much money, because they had the top players in the league(like Magic, Bird, Isiah Thomas...) and Adidas told him, they wasn't really interested in basketball and basketball shoes in the States, so they didn'treally pay attention either... Plus Nike invested a lot in getting MJ, so that's how it turned out he signed with Nike...
Personally I don't like Adidas... I think it's a cheap !!+ wannabe company... Don't have any good idea, and can't sell their shoes... Nike hasbetter techonology, and better marketing as well.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

now im trying to picture the adidas logo on my jordans and the 3 stripes in replacement of the swoosh...that's ugly.
eek.gif
straight form marqueesole

30tpfgz.jpg

Ok I'll stop now. I promise
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

maybe cuz back in the days you couldn't afford Nike?.....

lol...and in these days and times we can all afford to drop $190 US on jordan 2K9................assummmmingggg we all wanted to cop that shoe
frown.gif

this dude must have thought mj got the shoeline contract when as soon as he came out the womb

lets not begin to think about older, numberd jay's as anything but nike. someone do up some XI's with another logo, interested in seeing that....

Originally Posted by micheal623

Originally Posted by WickedxCL

my best educated guess is that the pic is from the US Olympic trials prior to his signing of his Nike contract and before setting foot in the NBA.

I would say you are correct.
How many times u going to post this?

We aren't that slow are we?

Originally Posted by uknowdonti

n9757420207_494012_256.jpg

Is he wearing KO's in this pic?

I dont thinks so, but I could be wrong, man nice pics, lol always cool to see MJ before the sig. came out. As for every one posting the pics with the adidassymbol on J's, thats funny and contradicting at the same time we, know Tinker designed the J's so adidas would have had something else done, oh well

jordan always wanted a contract with adidas. But they denied him and he got that contract with nike only to make history.

Originally Posted by WickedxCL

my best educated guess is that the pic is from the US Olympic trials prior to his signing of his Nike contract and before setting foot in the NBA.

hes probably right....
tired.gif

This picture was from Sports Illustrated during the olympic trials of 1984. Jordan was the first to wear the Adidas Forum. At the time, a great shoe but alittle heavy for these days. He wore adidas because of his favorite player David Thompson. In "Come fly with me", you can see Jordan wearing adidasshell toes during the UNC practice. He preferred them to converse, the shoe UNC was contracted to wear. Jordan would have signed with adidas, but Nike gave himhis own signature line "The Air Jordan." Adidas was the biggest worldwide seller of sneakers back then, and didn't match the offer. The rest ishistory.

Originally Posted by HS8305

This picture was from Sports Illustrated during the olympic trials of 1984. Jordan was the first to wear the Adidas Forum. At the time, a great shoe but a little heavy for these days. He wore adidas because of his favorite player David Thompson. In "Come fly with me", you can see Jordan wearing adidas shell toes during the UNC practice. He preferred them to converse, the shoe UNC was contracted to wear. Jordan would have signed with adidas, but Nike gave him his own signature line "The Air Jordan." Adidas was the biggest worldwide seller of sneakers back then, and didn't match the offer. The rest is history.
Nice info here but what suprises me is that MJ wore Adidas because of D Thompson. Thompson was my favorite NBA player as a kid as well and hewore a lot of different shoes including Nike, Pony, Converse, and Adidas. I remember mostly Nike and Pony. Hmmm.

okay...

1) look at dudes shorts that MJ is dunking on. it CLEARLY says "USA Basketball". Not to mention that they are obviously wearing practice uniforms.(makes me believe some of yall are real noobs or havent played organized ball before)
2) MJ went to Laney High, whose colors were a bright royal blue and yellow. (remember the Laney V's) so the unis worn in this photo arent his HS uni's.
3) MJ means "ICON" to some..."NICE SHOES" for others. I grew up watching the basketball icon play, and not being able to afford the shoes.times have surely changed. but its kinda disappointing that MJ followers know the man for just his shoes...and dont recall the simple things that made himgreat.

D. Thompson wore Adidas at NC State. Legend is he was the first player to put a quarter on the top of the backboard.

In the image of Jordan blocking the shot on the square, he was wearing the Air Train or Ship. I always mix the two up. One had mesh, and Barkley wore them. The other Jordan wore before the Air Jordan.

Originally Posted by MH602

glad that never happend
indifferent.gif

Me too, who knows what would of happened with the Jordan line if he would of signed with another shoe company.

Back
Top Bottom