MLB 2011 Predictions Vol Phillies vs Red Sox?

While I think the Yanks aren't making the playoffs either, ain't no way the Mets finishing with a better record.

While I think the Yanks aren't making the playoffs either, ain't no way the Mets finishing with a better record.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Boston really separated themselves from the pack this offseason... Need more from Lackey and Beckett, and I don't think Clay is nearly as good as what he did last year, but they're the best team in the AL pretty handily.

The rest of the division is loaded with question marks. Will be interesting to see what the Yankees and Rays do. You know the Yanks will make a move eventually, but I think they need to do it sooner than later.
But are they really? There offense is pretty much even with ours and the back of there rotation is better but did they really separate themselves? Like you said there basically Lester and Clay who isnt what everyone thinks he is and a bunch of question marks. I'm not excited about this Yankee team but the rotation is similar to 09 and the bullpen and offense should be better than last year.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Boston really separated themselves from the pack this offseason... Need more from Lackey and Beckett, and I don't think Clay is nearly as good as what he did last year, but they're the best team in the AL pretty handily.

The rest of the division is loaded with question marks. Will be interesting to see what the Yankees and Rays do. You know the Yanks will make a move eventually, but I think they need to do it sooner than later.
But are they really? There offense is pretty much even with ours and the back of there rotation is better but did they really separate themselves? Like you said there basically Lester and Clay who isnt what everyone thinks he is and a bunch of question marks. I'm not excited about this Yankee team but the rotation is similar to 09 and the bullpen and offense should be better than last year.

Every year in this thread you always have those 8-9 people saying the White Sox/Tigers will win the AL Central, but when has that ever happened really? The Twins always finish at the top of the division. The additions to CHI/DET always help but when haven't they come up short to those "scrappy Twins teams" (I hate that cliche 
laugh.gif
)

Now winning in the playoffs is another story
laugh.gif

Twins get back Justin Morneau, Joe Nathan, and Pat Neshek... three key cogs they DIDN'T have when they ran away with the division last year. They also signed that nationally acclaimed infielder from Japan named Tsuyoshi Nishioka who will come in and be our SS right away.

The only thing they don't have is an Ace (wasn't a problem in 2008, 2009 and 2010 when they finished with the best record in the AL Central or tied for the best record).

Twins in 2011
fbf36fb416ee89745435e76d4a9ab18127789e96_r.gif

Every year in this thread you always have those 8-9 people saying the White Sox/Tigers will win the AL Central, but when has that ever happened really? The Twins always finish at the top of the division. The additions to CHI/DET always help but when haven't they come up short to those "scrappy Twins teams" (I hate that cliche 
laugh.gif
)

Now winning in the playoffs is another story
laugh.gif

Twins get back Justin Morneau, Joe Nathan, and Pat Neshek... three key cogs they DIDN'T have when they ran away with the division last year. They also signed that nationally acclaimed infielder from Japan named Tsuyoshi Nishioka who will come in and be our SS right away.

The only thing they don't have is an Ace (wasn't a problem in 2008, 2009 and 2010 when they finished with the best record in the AL Central or tied for the best record).

Twins in 2011
fbf36fb416ee89745435e76d4a9ab18127789e96_r.gif

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

$100 cash Mets don't finish with a better record than the Yankees.
You could say it a third time, I'm not betting cash with you.
Sooooo then your just talking nonsense?
If you value opinions quantitatively then yes, yes I am.

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Sooooo then your just talking nonsense?
If you value opinions quantitatively then yes, yes I am.

soft.

quit talking out of your $#@ your making yourself look foolish.

soft.

quit talking out of your $#@ your making yourself look foolish.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by onewearz

163643_1589200693519_1340893028_31481124_6774763_n.jpg

laugh.gif
You guys signed Bartolo Colon & Freddy Garcia instead of Cliff Lee though
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

believe me i aint happy, gonna be a long year but no way in hell we finish 4th ....

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by onewearz

163643_1589200693519_1340893028_31481124_6774763_n.jpg

laugh.gif
You guys signed Bartolo Colon & Freddy Garcia instead of Cliff Lee though
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

believe me i aint happy, gonna be a long year but no way in hell we finish 4th ....

AL East - Sox
AL West - Angels

AL Central - Twins

AL Wild Card - Yanks

NL East - Phillies

NL West - Giants

NL Central - Cardinals

NL Wild Card - Braves

WS - Phillies over Sox in 7

Official Bold Predictions

AJ Burnett will have a great year and shock many.

Carlos Beltran will come close to his all-star self this year.

Ubaldo will have a mediocre season.

The Mets will play meaningful games in August.

That is all folks.

Back
Top Bottom