** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

Old Turf Shoes
1207200837028_033.JPG

2008 Turf Shoe

I agree D Rodz. Gary Sheffield's 2008 turf shoe look way better than the previous one.

Originally Posted by kweimer1

By the way, did anyone ever figure out what those Yabu shoes were the other day?

He's worn those same cleats since at least 2002, and whoever makes them (presumably a Japanese company) also makes gloves, batting gloves, and apparel. Aside from that, I can't figure out what the company is. Here's the best shot of the logo that I could find:

That's from Yabu's days with the A's. He wore the exact same cleat model back then as well but just in white and green with that logo on thetongue. Here's another pic from Yabu with the Hanshin Tigers:

That photo is from 2002 (and he was wearing the same cleats back then), and while there's a different label on the glove, you can't make outanything but the logo. And here's the batting gloves and jersey:

None of the equipment seems to have any other text or logos on it (aside from his glove, which just says "YABU" in red embroidery). Anyoneelse want to give it a try?

(If not, I'll see if I can get in touch with Jeremy Brahm... some of you may know who I'm talking about.)

Originally Posted by shoeguy0427

Hey everyone I found a better shot of Craig Monroe wearing Gary Sheffield's SG3 line. It looks like the shoes are customized for him. His name and number
are on the shoes. I will be on the look out for more information on SG3.

I really like it. Nubuck would probably be comfortable but they look good and the trainers are nice too. Anyways good job with the investigating of the SG3.

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

By the way, did anyone ever figure out what those Yabu shoes were the other day?

He's worn those same cleats since at least 2002, and whoever makes them (presumably a Japanese company) also makes gloves, batting gloves, and apparel. Aside from that, I can't figure out what the company is. Here's the best shot of the logo that I could find:

That's from Yabu's days with the A's. He wore the exact same cleat model back then as well but just in white and green with that logo on the tongue. Here's another pic from Yabu with the Hanshin Tigers:

That photo is from 2002 (and he was wearing the same cleats back then), and while there's a different label on the glove, you can't make out anything but the logo. And here's the batting gloves and jersey:

None of the equipment seems to have any other text or logos on it (aside from his glove, which just says "YABU" in red embroidery). Anyone else want to give it a try?

(If not, I'll see if I can get in touch with Jeremy Brahm... some of you may know who I'm talking about.)

That's from Yabu's days with the A's. He wore the exact same cleat model back then as well but just in white and green with that logo on the tongue. Here's another pic from Yabu with the Hanshin Tigers:

That photo is from 2002 (and he was wearing the same cleats back then), and while there's a different label on the glove, you can't make out anything but the logo. And here's the batting gloves and jersey:

None of the equipment seems to have any other text or logos on it (aside from his glove, which just says "YABU" in red embroidery). Anyone else want to give it a try?

Supposedly the company is called Descente.

Here is their baseball catalogue. Interesting historical Note: In 1977, the Pittsburgh Pirateschose them to be their uniform supplier!

And BTW, Pudges' Verderos remind me alot of these:

pippen4_blk_3.jpg
pippen4_blk.jpg
yhst-11930413061568_1993_7055889

Thanks for the props guys, but I can't take the credit. My friends at UniWatch almost AUTOMATICALLY!
knew what the company was!

^ It's interesting that their company is actually very active in the U.S., but mostly in endurance sports. It looks like they only do uniforms andequipment for team sports (including baseball) in the Asian market.

Originally Posted by MPowers16

Thanks for the props guys, but my friends at UniWatch knew what the company was AUTOMATICALLY!
DUDE!!! I literally spent half a day looking for the answer. Couldn't find a single thing.
laugh.gif

-J-

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Isn't the Sheffield line of cleats called GS3 ?

No. It's GS3. It was stated a few pages back. Here is a linkthat says it's called SG3. There are a couple other links talking about SG3 but I can't find an official website.

Originally Posted by D Rodz

^ It was discussed on April 3rd...
Originally Posted by Formerly Scarface81

http://sg3footwear.com/

Here's the website, I never knew

the website doesn't work yet. I wonder if they are gonna make their footwear available to the public...

I found two myspace pages that are directly linked with Gary Sheffield's SG3 Line

they are

www.myspace.com/sg3performance

www.myspace.com/sg3lifestyle

It looks like they are preparing to launch the lines. I will continue to find out more.

I stand corrected...figured it would be GS since those are his initials and I didn't think he would voluntarily flip the letters around unless he had to...

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE STEPS IN TO MAKING A SNEAKER OR TURF SHOE INTO A METAL CLEATED SHOE .THNX FOR ANY HELP

Back
Top Bottom