**MLB Feet - 2009 Baseball Cleats**

Originally Posted by nikesourceseller

^^^^^^^^just going to say that...I suppose Gold Gloves are the tell all for defensive performance as well, just ask Rafael Palmiero

Gold Gloves are usually a real solid indicator of defensive performance.

Originally Posted by nikesourceseller

Does anyone have a really good close up of CC's glove from last night @ Fenway? It almost looks like he's got a Jordan logo branded on that huge Nike glove he uses right where the finger is cut out/

Its 100 percent the jumpman logo inside a circle on his finger sleeve. I can't find any good pictures but it was very clear on TV

Yes that's why Mike Young won one last yr and Jeter won one 2 year in a row despite ranking in the bottom third of every defensive metric imaginable...

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Gold Gloves are usually a real solid indicator of defensive performance.
Not really.

GGs are basically awarded to the best fielder - who can hit enough to be recognized, and have enough popularity to get the award.

Michael Young is a good defensive player, but if he was really the best SS in the AL last year, there is no way that Texas would force him to move to 3B.

LSU has on Show Elite MVP. White toe, yellow swoosh, purple laces.

LSU wears Russell jerseys, Easton gloves and Nike Shoes
laugh.gif

capt.0f0abbc4946642a496300c585e128538.aptopix_cws_lsu_virginia_baseball_nenh120.jpg

Victorino wears this wristband/sleeve thing in the field with something that flaps around, but takes it off when he is hitting. Anyone know why?

Originally Posted by doogie24

Victorino wears this wristband/sleeve thing in the field with something that flaps around, but takes it off when he is hitting. Anyone know why?
I would guess that since he wears it on his glove hand that its a wrist support to help prevent the wrist from hyperextending when he dives

Looks similar to what Jeter wears as well just different color...I'm not sure why he wears it on his throwing hand though.

Dustin Ackley is up to his usual tricks, wearing a pair of cleats that likely nobody else will have.

Im assuming they are a pair of Jordans, just dont know what ones.

we are going to need some better pics...

Looks like everyone is wearing the show elite MVP in different colorways.

FSU

Southern Miss

Texas - Orange laces by the looks of it (love those show elite bg's in orange)

LSU

some nice Easton gear

hard to see, 5 tools from last year?

found this kind of interesting - Ogio usually makes backpacks and golf bags, weird to see their name on the back of an Easton bag

Some Stuff I found. Batting Gloves. Cleats, and team exclusives and a nice sneaker with cleat plates

Dustin Ackley is up to his usual tricks, wearing a pair of cleats that likely nobody else will have.

I think those are Jordan Trunners and that pic is from either the '07 or '08 CWS

Originally Posted by Pipes20

I think those are Jordan Trunners and that pic is from either the '07 or '08 CWS
Thanks... I did a
eek.gif
when I saw what he was actually wearingthis year. Here's that pic that Mark did a few yrs ago for uniwatch.

first thing I thought of when I saw those pictures of Ackley

my question is, are those deadstock from the back of the equipment room, or a custom pair somehow... or does he creep ebay like the rest of us

i just spoke to a nike rep and he said that there will be a new edition of the Swingmans being released on July 1st and another on August 1st

^^^well dustin ackley is the best player at unc since Paul Shuey who was also drafted 2nd overall so that explains the custom cleats...sorta

Back
Top Bottom