**MLB Feet - 2009 Baseball Cleats**

1. doogie24 wrote:
2. 59FIFTY
3. energycube

Originally Posted by diegoespinosasb

Originally Posted by richyung412

griffey all day
Speaking about Griffey, here is a video about J-Roll on Team Swingman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuAO_kbsQmU

1. Thanks for that... nice to see some guys actually care what their equipment looks like, and have the ability to give some input.

2. 2k4 and 2k5's were on ID rite?

3. are they ever going to put batting gloves on id?
1. No problem, Doogie!

2. No,
the Nike Air Huarache 2k series were never on iD.

3. Somebody (can't remember who) sent a message to a Nike Rep. and they said they were going to forward it to theiD Department.

^yes and they didn't have any cleats on the list at the time but that there would be some eventually they just weren't decided

1. doogie24 wrote:
2. 59FIFTY
3. energycube

Originally Posted by richyung412

griffey all day
Speaking about Griffey, here is a video about J-Roll on Team Swingman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuAO_kbsQmU

1. Thanks for that... nice to see some guys actually care what their equipment looks like, and have the ability to give some input.

2. 2k4 and 2k5's were on ID rite?

3. are they ever going to put batting gloves on id?

1. No problem, Doogie!

2. No,
the Nike Air Huarache 2k series were never on iD.

3. Somebody (can't remember who) sent a message to a Nike Rep. and they said they were going to forward it to the iD Department.

Thats not true. The 2K4s were on ID. My avator is a pair of 2K4s from ID

Originally Posted by sj thresher

weren't they on for baseketball not baseball
yea basketball, not baseball
mad.gif

Talked to somebody on Nike chat and from what they could tell MVP's are here to stay for the year....

Robert: Hi, my name is Robert. How may I help you?
Tyler: I was wondering you just recently put the NIke MVP cleats back on nike id (this was the model that was on your site last yr) I wanted to know if thiswill be the only cleats on nike id this year or if you plan on having one of your new models on this year at all...and if so, when?
Robert: That's a great question!
Robert: I would be happy to look into that for you!
Robert: Are you the player?
Tyler: yes
Robert: What position?
Tyler: 1b
Robert: I used to play there!
Robert: From what I can see, I don't see any more Baseball cleats that are going to be launched on iD. I'm assuming they will bring back last yearscleats though.

I tried somebody else right after and they said the same thing that the Air Max MVP was the only pair they saw as suppose to be on iD in 2010...hopefully theyare wrong but that's what they told me

even though i dont play ball anymore i would like to see more cleats on iD...im always let down with what they put up on the site...

-Tyler

I'm starting to come to terms with Nike's decision to keep the MVPs on iD. They have the manufacturing process down, they know a bunch of peoplealready got them, and in this economy why not go with what works. It's disappointing since one of the main points of iD is to have the newest and coolestfootwear, this decision kind of defeats the purpose.

Nike is not doing their catcher's gear anymore...it has been taken over by a licensing company who also holds the license for some other baseball/footballitems as well as some random accessories.

Originally Posted by kweimer1

Nike is not doing their catcher's gear anymore...it has been taken over by a licensing company who also holds the license for some other baseball/football items as well as some random accessories.
Kweimer,
I think they are going to start releasing the 2nd Gen. Nike Pro Gold Precision Catcher Gear for now on, just like theEaston Natural Catcher Gear releases every year in every color.

^ those are nice. Might have get those for the upcoming season. I'm not liking the team cleats...

quick question for kweimer --

Would Easton frown upon Matt Kemp wearing Nike all off-season? I've seen Juan Pierre in LA a couple of times and he always wears Mizuno trainers it seems.Obviously Easton doesn't make casual shoes, but would they have a problem with one of their bigger guys wearing so much Nike?

And the follow up would be do you have any clues, hints or otherwise about guys who may switch brands and how exactly does that work? (If I recall correctly,after Hanley switched back to Nike someone said a lot of Easton guys may switch)

Easily my favorite thread on NT. Been away for awhile and this is bringing me right back into it. Good to see other college/minor league ball players on here.

Originally Posted by asmathews

I was at my local D!ck's Sporting Goods and saw these...they look
pimp.gif
in person
21n1vrr.jpg

Oh snap!

Kweimer I'm looking forward to seeing your work with boombah. Sucks Nike's gear got taken over. I'm guessing that's why you left?

So what cleats is everyone where for their upcoming season? Right now I've got the black/red swingmans, black/yellow 2K4's and we just got our Air ZoomCoop V in black/white. I'm not really a low top guy so I might get another pair before the season starts.

To answer a few of the questions...

The licensing company was working on some stuff but I am guessing that it got scrapped due to low margins combined with low unit sales expectations...my guessthat would make the most sense since they have no "baseball" people in house is that the stuff gets designed/developed by the factory for them usingthe factories in-house designers.

Easton would love for their players to wear Easton casually but they realize that is not going to really happen (happens more on the Hockey side than on thebaseball side as Easton Hockey is considered hip/cool in that circle where Easton Baseball is not). They know that they dont have the lineup ofapparel/footwear to make it work...

Easton's footwear is produced by a licensee company and then sold by a tertiary, non-Easton sales force so the Promo emphasis will begin to dissipate. Whenthe crop of current players were signed to Easton was when Easton was distributing/selling their own footwear....now that isnt the case so you will start tosee some guys jump ship as Easton will hang their hats on a few guys and let the other ones go.

My guess as to who becomes Easton's footwear guys are Kemp, Ethier, Pedroia, Zambrano, Bay, A. Ramirez, and a few randoms after that.

I think that answered all of the questions.

Back
Top Bottom