MLB player wears homophobic message written on eye-black during game

I don't really feel bad that I really don't give a **** anymore about **** like this.

Que? :lol:

I'm pretty sure it's just a clubhouse prank between the Latino players. Leave it for the internet to carry this out and lead it to a fine/suspension.

so it would be acceptable if a white player used "you're a n", and just wrote it off as a clubhouse prank right? :rolleyes
How are those even in the same ballpark? (pun intended)

I'm saying. :lol:

That **** doesn't make sense at all. :stoneface:

Last edited:
Honestly what he said about latinos saying that word in the clubhouse is true. Its a phrase that is used all the time. Was it wrong of him to put it on his eye black? Of course...and pretty damn stupid. That's stuff that stays in the clubhouse and with teammates and away from the media and reporters. At least he took the blame and didn't say it was a prank gone wrong

I don't really feel bad that I really don't give a **** anymore about **** like this.

Que? :lol:

I'm pretty sure it's just a clubhouse prank between the Latino players. Leave it for the internet to carry this out and lead it to a fine/suspension.

so it would be acceptable if a white player used "you're a n", and just wrote it off as a clubhouse prank right? :rolleyes

maybe using a white player wasn't the best example, but the comparison still works. they are both slurs used against groups of people that have widely been persecuted. (not comparing being black to being gay)

so it would be acceptable if a white player used "you're a n", and just wrote it off as a clubhouse prank right?
eyes.gif
I'm saying.
laugh.gif

That **** doesn't make sense at all.
indifferent.gif

maybe using a white player wasn't the best example, but the comparison still works. they are both slurs used against groups of people that have widely been persecuted. (not comparing being black to being gay)
roll.gif
That's exactly what you're doing. Don't insult my intelligence. Talmbout persecution.  Stop it cinco

Pretty much , props to him for completely taking the fall for it and not implicating his teammates though.

Quote:

:rofl: That's exactly what you're doing. Don't insult my intelligence. Talmbout persecution.  Stop it cinco

no, im comparing one put down to another.

He went with the classic cop out
laugh.gif

"I don't have anything against homosexuals. I have friends who are gay. In reality I'd like to ask for the apologies of all those who have been offended by this."
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8...obar-suspended-three-games-gay-slur-eye-black
laugh.gif
Man that and, "My Twitter got hacked" might be the most tired excuses in Western Civilization
I hate how the term "hacked" means "i left my computer unattended" 
laugh.gif

So why didn't you compare imbecile to maricon? Or a derogatory word that has no racial connotation?

because socially in america use of the n word is just as shocking as the f word. they both have similar cringe factors. he also wouldn't be on the news or under suspension if he used imbecile. perhaps another derogatory word could have been used. but in this situation for comparisons sake, that word would likely be the most commonly known or used.

Last edited:
So why didn't you compare imbecile to maricon? Or a derogatory word that has no racial connotation?

because socially in america use of the n word is just as shocking as the f word. they both have similar cringe factors. he also wouldn't be on the news or under suspension if he used imbecile. perhaps another derogatory word could have been used. but in this situation for comparisons sake, that word would likely be the most commonly known or used.
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

What sort of malarkey is this?

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   :rofl:

What sort of malarkey is this?

you're not trying to hear nothing. i get it. :rolleyes

Last edited:
i agree with whoever it was that said that the word 'maricon' is too strong. i imagine that he was trying to make a joke out of it but maybe he was being serious and trying to make a statement or something :smh:

As a black man... I don't use the F word...

Its.. smh... I don't know... I just don't use it...

I.think me calling a gay cat a F word is like a white dude calling me a N word.

I refuse to use that word at all...

And to my Latino homeys speaking Spanish ...

Cinco de mayo ... como esta... El gato un. perro.

Tengo yambs.

:pimp: :pimp:

Laughable that dudes in here are actually trying to defend this idiot and to top it off, they are doing a real piss poor job at it.

As a black man... I don't use the F word...
Its.. smh... I don't know... I just don't use it...
I.think me calling a gay cat a F word is like a white dude calling me a N word.
I refuse to use that word at all...
And to my Latino homeys speaking Spanish ...
Cinco de mayo ... como esta... El gato un. perro.
Tengo yambs.
:pimp: :pimp:

ur black???????????????????????????????????

laugh.gif

this country is becoming way too sensitive..

hang around some mexicans for a few hours and i guarantee you'll hear that word multiple times.
yea, its way more of a non issue in spanish.

i can feel where homie was coming from, but this country is going to that political correct slant like no one's business...

Back
Top Bottom