MLB Players who will bounce back or break out in 2010? Mini-Fantasy Preview!

There are a lot of big name players who have had terrible 2009 seasons or missed many games. Who do you think is primed for a big year in 2010?

Jose Reyes?
Carlos Beltran?
Johan Santana? ( Sorry Mets fans, I'm not trying to pick on you
frown.gif
)
Manny Ramirez?
Alfonso Soriano?
Grady Sizemore?
Carlos Quentin?
Stephen Drew?

I know there are more, but those guys stood out for me last year with injuries, suspensions, and some flat out sucking.

Matt Wieters will take his right place as king of all catchers.

Foor bounce back I like

Grady Sizemore
Cole Hamels
Alex Rios

Sleepers

Ricky Romero
Marc Zepchynski - People don't believe the numbers becuase he doesn't throw gas, but he has a absoulutley rediclous Slider/Change combo dude keeps the ball on the ground and strikes people out, if your in a deep league he probabaly won't be even drafted.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Matt Wieters will take his right place as king of all catchers.

C'mon now. Even after what Mauer did last year? And has proven since he came into the league?

I want to see Wieters do well, but he needs more experience and has to put up numbers to be compared or even pass Mauer.

Originally Posted by madj55

Josh Hamilton
Forgot about him
eek.gif

I can't believe he won't do well as long as he's healthy.

I'm saying what he will do, by this year or next year Mauer better watch out.
laugh.gif

Also I still don;t believe in Mauers sudden power out put at all, I bet he hit's less than 20 this year,

We are in a age of catchers though, Weiters, Mauer, McCann, and we got guys like Carlos Santanna and the DH in waiting Jesus Montero.

Plus that Bryce Harper kid.

^That Bryce Harper kid sounds too good to be true. Felt like a total bum after I read that SI Cover story on him
smh.gif
smh.gif

Speaking of catchers, keep an eye on Miguel Montero from Arizona. He quietly hit 16 homers last year with an average of close to .300.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Cole Hamels
Brad Lidge
Brad Lidge is done
laugh.gif

I knew that one year he was nearly flawless was a fluke
laugh.gif

Pujols did him dirty
smh.gif

I wish I could believe it but Russ's power is gone, homeboys caught way too many innings at a young age, he got jason kendall legs now...
smh.gif

^forgot to mention that rookie catcher from the giants....

?man, alot of young catchers comin up....

even tho he a 3b, i also wanna see pedro alvarez get the job n see what he can do

Bobby Crosby will win both Comeback Player of the Year and Most Valuable Player when he leads the Pirates to the playoffs.

pimp.gif

Off the top of my head:

Sori
Grady
Markakis (I know he's had good seasons, but this season will be his best)
Carlos Zambrano
Beltran
A-Jax

Brian Matusz will win ROY in the AL.............best changeup ive seen from a rookie in a while

Zambrano and Soto are gonna have big years.

Not so sure if Sori will, but if he's healthy he just might.

Back
Top Bottom