Modells Sporting Goods prepping to enter Bankruptcy

I feel like Modells fell off the last few years. Didn't have as much as they used to. Website went to trash too.

ninjahood ninjahood

Did/Do yall have Sports Authority up there?

We did. They closed down years ago.

Knew something was up when I saw the deep discounts at the 34th Street location. They didn't have sizes in anything so they're closing down soon. The 42nd Street location will likely be the one that survives this.

We did. They closed down years ago.

Knew something was up when I saw the deep discounts at the 34th Street location. They didn't have sizes in anything so they're closing down soon. The 42nd Street location will likely be the one that survives this.
Dicksporting good acquired most of sport authority assets, but yeah they def filed bankruptcy a few years ago so won't see them no more in nyc and other parts of america.

In my experience a lot of these sporting goods/apparel spots like Sports Authority, Modell's, Champs, D*CK's rarely deviate from the MSRP tag price. It's either black Friday sales or you're paying tag price. That probably doesn't help in a world where you can go on ebay, Amazon, Zappos and get the same merch at a heavy discount.

Honestly, Modells has been trash for a while now. Their sneaker collection has gone to complete ****. You used to be able to cop J's and AF1's in the 90's. The past 20 years, it's been nothing but runners and Vans. The Modells in Flushing was desperately trying to compete with Marshalls, Nike Clearance and Adidas by creating their own clearance section. Major flop. I'm glad it's over, no *****, we don't gotta go to Mo's anymo. FOH. I wish Dr. Jay's lasted this long.

Honestly, Modells has been trash for a while now. Their sneaker collection has gone to complete ****. You used to be able to cop J's and AF1's in the 90's. The past 20 years, it's been nothing but runners and Vans

wasn't their fault, did you forget that Nike reallocated a lot of their stock for their self interest and left a lot of independent shops out in the cold? VIM & Modells sell a lot more second tier Nikes than they used to cuz of that.

modell's wasn't given any favors when New York sports teams basically tanked for years.

modell's never had anything I wanted besides some cheap and1 shorts I've seen recently.

Only a matter of time before this becomes the same story except with Richards. Between online shopping, the rise of Burlington’s, Ross and TJ Max and Nike wanting to control more of the retail experience and their profit margins big box sporting good stores just aren’t feasible anymore.

modell's never had anything I wanted besides some cheap and1 shorts I've seen recently.

trust me, they used to have EVERYTHING.

-they used to get some of da biggest allocation for Jordans and air maxes (Nike stream lining their inventory hurt em)

-their Jerseys were ALWAYS solid ( da consolidation of that market also hurt them as well as New York sports teams straight sucking for years)

-Fitteds not having an iron grip anymore...

-online sales eatin into em (they should've adopted Bestbuy's model and make every store into a mini warehouse capable of taking online orders)

They should’ve build a sports complex with their damn big *** stores nation wide those dummies !
You may be on to something.
Every modells I know is huge for no damn reason. The one on Utica literally used to be a bank.
They should've partnered with planet fitness or something and create hybrid stores.

Modells been washed going on 10+ years

naw, depends what you're talking about.

Modells can come back easy if they're lil smarter...

da stores don't gotta be HUGE...they don't gotta stock da cheap of cheap joints... maybe chill out on da smith wear :lol:

they're Nike & champion section ALWAYS appreciated.

Undercover Cops go there to get fits

:lol: is that why all them DTs got random Jets/Giants/Rangers jerseys?

First sports authority now model’s?!
Where are we supposed to go to for sporting goods?
There are no ****’s around here

They already closed both stores in my area.
Shame.

they should’ve kept their Jordan/Nike basketball account, pay their employees better, and have more sales.

Anybody remember Copeland Sports. That was the place to buy Jordan's if everyone else was sold-out. SportsMart was cool too even though it was more like a Big5. How is Big5 still around?

Damn that sucks for modell’s. Although their sneaker selection sucks you can still find decent Nike gear for good price

Back
Top Bottom