modern men haircuts..

I really want to change my hair style. I've had the same style of hair cut since I was a little kid.

After looking at this thread, I'm thinking of growing it out some so that I can actually comb it.

I don't know how else to explain it. I honestly thought it was quite a simple concept to grasp. Not trying to be rude or nothing, but the it's pretty simple.

Real part, long top-sides.
View media item 1205293
Short sides, no part.
View media item 1205424
His sides are basically at the same length in this picture (it's a bit shorter here), but you can obviously see that it's virtually impossible to part hair that short. So, he gets it trimmed in.
View media item 1205427

your actually way off, that top part was probably done by him and the first pic by a stylist who took the time to part it right, in all of those pics you're referencing 3 entirely different hair styles.. ... i use to part my hair for yrs. even when i cut it extremely short on the sides my part is still very visible due to the long hair on top .. that part is not cut in... ive rocked a slick back undercut for a couple months now and even then i had to train my hair to not part. The problem is people want a hair part instantly without spending the time doing it right and training their hair..

Last edited:
Corny is having someone cut a line in ya head because you wont take the time to legitimately part your hair.

By all means, push it back and comb it over if you want your hair like that. But if you want a line, log the time to grow your hair properly to part that ish b. :rolleyes

I think a part on longer hair looks corny, though.

That's why I don't let mine grow out to part.

Yes, they're different cuts, but I was referring to his top-sides being very short and making it impossible to naturally part.

Parts on long hair is like the og look for parts though.

I don't even know what that means. Grow out your hair when you're old?

Last edited:
^
What product you use? Can never find something to hold my hair in place but also not weight it down and kill the volume.

Thanks. I have some hairspray and paste. Gotta get a new brush and try to get some pompadour kind of height.

treat-yo-self-gif.gif

Last edited:
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/596451/modern-men-haircuts/480#post_21893193 layout=inline]

I've only been to barbers. Maybe i'll try a salon to see how different they cut it. Not anytime soon though. Been growing my hair out since June, want to see how long it gets in a year.

Unless you go bald there is no haircut that doesn't require product to style dawg. Stay woke

yea I see your point but with an undercut my hair goes all crazy and it l like a mushroom cut.. on the other hand when I have a cut with a fade my hair is more manageable and I don't need to wear product on it.

yea I see your point but with an undercut my hair goes all crazy and it l like a mushroom cut.. on the other hand when I have a cut with a fade my hair is more manageable and I don't need to wear product on it.

You need to get the sides blended to avoid the mushroom cut look

Last edited:
Has anybody gone from an undercut to totally growing it out into a ponytail? Pics if so?

I don't want to still have the sides shaved so I am just growing it all out, but I want to try to toss it into a ponytail within the next month or so. Awkward stages of the hairband are a little annoying though.

I gave myself a semi-undercut / mushroom cut in the summer. It didn't look right when not slicked back so I got a regular haircut and have been growing it out for 5 months now.

King Leonidas had an ill haircut. Regular looking Caesar-type cut with a long braid in the back that he wraps around the top.

Back
Top Bottom