MODS PLEASE LOCK | The Oakland Raiders 2015 Season Thread: Week 17 @ Kansas City / 7-8

How many wins will the Raiders have this season?

• 0-2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-5

• 6-8

• 9-11

• 12+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was a pretty big Cable fan.

I always understood it that it was off the field/non football field stuff that lost him his job.

He had the domestic issue with his wife. Rocked that dude in the face during training camp broke dudes jaw. Might have been another skirmish too.

Last edited:
This coaching staff is largely fine as is. I like Del Rio, I think with better defensive personnel he'll be able to execute the scheme he wants with consistent results. Musgrave has given the offensive boosts but his desire to force the run and move away from our strength is a problem when Murray isn't really that kind of back. We need a punishing back for Murray to compliment in order to effectively use the run if we don't want the secondary to get comfortable.

I think were ok with Musgrave at O.C. What this offense needs is a consistent third option. Whether it be a rb, te or 3rd receiver. We need to upgrade this offseason.

I don't even want to move on from Musgrave.

You know I didn't mind it too much but after that play calling on our last offensive drive there seriously is no excuse for that ****. Dude's on a message board shouldn't be able to make better calls than you in situations like that. Along with how much we tried to run the ball the second half last week. You can use that "we need to establish the run" bs for so long but we have Carr, Crabtree and Cooper out there and if you can't establish the run by the 4th quarter, you need to let your best playmakers make plays.
Pass blocking was pretty *** today too.

I think Walford is going to turn into something nice for us in a year or 2.

Last edited:
I agree but our offense is light years better this year than previous years. He's been very inconsistent

You guys know I been critical or Murray, I thought he had a good game overall today. Definitely ran with some pop.

KMack continuing to make plays...dude was beasting on defense, all over the field.

Dropped passes continue to be a huge problem. Crabtre had 2 big drops and Coop dropping that 4th & 2 really hurt...those missed opportunities are hurting more than Musgrave.

and Tyvon ****** Branch of all people....lol smh.

I agree but our offense is light years better this year than previous years. He's been very inconsistent

It's inconsistent though because he insists on using the running game to punish the defenses for honing in on one aspect of our offense. He doesn't have the back to do that.

Imagine, though, that we drafted a strong back that could get those significant yards on those first down calls that Musgrave loves doing. Or if, say, Seattle decides they're going to roll with Rawls and let Marshawn walk. I know he's 30 now, but I'm willing to give him a shot to see what he can do.

I'm willing to live with the season we've had thus far.
To Woodson's point this was a crushing end to an otherwise winnable game.
I'll give Jack credit. This team desperately needs consistency in staff, philosophy, and player chemistry in order to produce a winning culture. Turnover doesn't help.
The irony during the week was Carr mentioning how important finishing is...this is a challenge that many teams face. The great teams do it consistently.

Last edited:
Still can't believe it was Tyvon Branch...gave that boy 6 years as a raider and he was hurt like 5 of them. first year outside of a Raider uni and he makes the biggest play of his career against the Raiders lol 

WTF.

I don't think we need any major turn over. Just Musgrave. Maybe a special teams coach. not sure who that is at the moment, but I think we give up way to many yards on kick off's...

Seen on Twitter that CW24 signed with a Hollywood Talent Agency that specializes in Sports Broadcasting...or something like that..

This may be it for CW24...Enjoy it while we can, Fellas. One of the greatest to lace them up.

151206_Chiefs_Raiders1496_bay101.jpg

If we get a couple of solid pick-up's in the offseason I think he'd be tempted for one more run.

Would love for him to give us one more year but hes had a solid year and can respect that he wants to go out on a high note I would legit cry if he came back and looked washed like peyton/kobe.

Back
Top Bottom