Mogul Help.

solewoman

Staff member
I have the sprint mogul. Yesterday when i was at work i was on the phone and when i got off. I noticed that the sound wasnt working (which happens from time totime) because i missed a few calls (quick resolution: restart phone). I restarted it and now it wont come back on
embarassed.gif
. It won't go past the HTC screen. Can anyone help me if they have thisproblem...resolution?

PLEASE!

Never heard of that happening before. Only thing I can suggest is that you keep doing a soft reset and hopefully that works. If that doesn't work, you mayneed to try and hard reset where you restore the phone back to factory default.
indifferent.gif
I've had to do that several time, however, it at also worked everytime. But like I said, I've never heard of that happening.

I've had this happen, luckily I still had insurance, I think your phone is pretty much a goner. Everytime you turn it off then on it either freezes at theSprint yellow screen, HTC screen, or Today screen. Sometimes it will be good for an hour then just freeze and look like it's just chillin on the Todayscreen. Don't be fooled just when it makes it past the HTC screen it'll just freeze, each time it seems to get a little further and you thinkyou're out the blue and then it freezes. I called sprint and told them someone stole my phone and payed the $50 deductible and in about 2 days I had arefurb mogul.

I miss the OG Sprint days, they would send you the phone like you bought it out the store, with the charger and whatever else came with it. These fools justsent me the phone, yup, just the phone in a box with a receipt.

Originally Posted by BattsLM

Never heard of that happening before. Only thing I can suggest is that you keep doing a soft reset and hopefully that works. If that doesn't work, you may need to try and hard reset where you restore the phone back to factory default.
indifferent.gif
I've had to do that several time, however, it at also worked every time. But like I said, I've never heard of that happening.

how do you do that? will i lose my contacts? ive taken the battery out etc.. can you define the steps to take for a hard reset and a soft reset. pleasedont tell me ill lose my numbers. i have two phones but the address books dont mirror each other.

Instructions for hard reset: THIS WILL ERASE EVERYTHING AS IF BRAND NEW!!

1. Press both softkeys, use stylus and press the reset button
2. keep softkeys pressed, release the reset button until message: "do you want to erase all data..."
3. slide out the keyboard, press R for hard reset, X to exit reset process.

Soft reset probably what you want. Use a paper clip or something and push the button under the Micro SD slot.

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

how are the pics on the Mogul im thinking about copping.

2 megapixel. With the flash off, it sucks in the dark but in good lighting, they're great.
Does anybody on here with one have the picture mail program? I downloaded it from ppcgeeks the other day and whenever I try to send one to just a phonenumber it says "You can't send this file via a flix message"

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Soft reset probably what you want. Use a paper clip or something and push the button under the Micro SD slot.

soft reset didnt work.
embarassed.gif
frown.gif

SoleWoman wrote:
BattsLM wrote:
Never heard of that happening before. Only thing I can suggest is that you keep doing a soft reset and hopefully that works. If that doesn't work, you may need to try and hard reset where you restore the phone back to factory default.
indifferent.gif
I've had to do that several time, however, it at also worked every time. But like I said, I've never heard of that happening.

how do you do that? will i lose my contacts? ive taken the battery out etc.. can you define the steps to take for a hard reset and a soft reset. please dont tell me ill lose my numbers. i have two phones but the address books dont mirror each other.

Yes you will lose everything you did to your phone. However, there are programs out there where you can back up your contacts. For example, NyxbullSoftware NS Contacts Backup is what I use. Basically all you do is install the program and save the contacts on your memory card. Do a hard reset, then whenand if your phone works again, go to your memory card and re-install the program. Once the program loads, click menu and restore contacts. Then all you have todo is go to the folder/area where your contacts were saved on the memory card and click open. All your contacts will then be put back on your phone in like 5seconds.

To save you the trouble of finding the .cab file for the contacts backup I can just send it to you?

SoleWoman wrote:
BattsLM wrote:
indifferent.gif

how do you do that? will i lose my contacts? ive taken the battery out etc.. can you define the steps to take for a hard reset and a soft reset. please dont tell me ill lose my numbers. i have two phones but the address books dont mirror each other.

Yes you will lose everything you did to your phone. However, there are programs out there where you can back up your contacts. For example, Nyxbull Software NS Contacts Backup is what I use. Basically all you do is install the program and save the contacts on your memory card. Do a hard reset, then when and if your phone works again, go to your memory card and re-install the program. Once the program loads, click menu and restore contacts. Then all you have to do is go to the folder/area where your contacts were saved on the memory card and click open. All your contacts will then be put back on your phone in like 5 seconds.

To save you the trouble of finding the .cab file for the contacts backup I can just send it to you?

sure you can send it to me. but i have a dumb question how can i save the contacts to my memory card if my phone wont even power on right now? is it tolate and from now on this will just help me in the future? or when i saved my contacts it automatically did it?

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

how are the pics on the Mogul im thinking about copping.
Does anybody on here with one have the picture mail program? I downloaded it from ppcgeeks the other day and whenever I try to send one to just a phone number it says "You can't send this file via a flix message"

Yea, that picturemail program hasn't worked in a while. However, I have a new one that I got from ppcgeeks.com that is working quite nicely. I have a zipfile I can send to you.

Here is a pic from my mogul....my profile pic is as well..

veu26u.jpg
laugh.gif

If your Mogul ever comes back on usually after 100 tries, then try to back-up your contacts cause most likely your phone is done.

SoleWoman wrote:

SoleWoman wrote:
BattsLM wrote:
indifferent.gif

Yes you will lose everything you did to your phone. However, there are programs out there where you can back up your contacts. For example, Nyxbull Software NS Contacts Backup is what I use. Basically all you do is install the program and save the contacts on your memory card. Do a hard reset, then when and if your phone works again, go to your memory card and re-install the program. Once the program loads, click menu and restore contacts. Then all you have to do is go to the folder/area where your contacts were saved on the memory card and click open. All your contacts will then be put back on your phone in like 5 seconds.

sure you can send it to me. but i have a dumb question how can i save the contacts to my memory card if my phone wont even power on right now? is it to late and from now on this will just help me in the future? or when i saved my contacts it automatically did it?

That's actually not a dumb question...I just forgot about that part..
laugh.gif
Like 703 said, if it does power back on you can do that..and yes it will help in the future. The only thing I care about backing up is my contactsanyway. I'd say just keep doing a soft reset and pray that it comes back on, just long enough for you to back up your contacts.

However, I have a new one that I got from ppcgeeks.com that is working quite nicely. I have a zip file I can send to you.
Yea can I get that please. I'm on AIM as bigdawgdl v2 or my email is [email protected] Man I gotta buy some new styluses (styli?) again.I already lost about 5 of them !%$!+. I finally got my new audio adapter in the mail though yesterday. This one is WAY better than the stock one.

The stock one just adjusts from the mini sub port to a 2.5mm jack, which most headphones and audio peripheals are not 2.5mm. So then I had to buy a 2.5mm to3.5mm adapter. A piece of it broke off inside the 2.5 adapter so now I can't use it anymore. The 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter works fine still though even withthe tip broken off.

838pro1

I also need a link to an AIM program if someone has one too. This Palringo has been acting up lately

Forgot to mention with the picture mail program I sent to a few of you. Once installed, click menu, setting, and put in your picture mail password (if you haveone) and you should be able to send pictures.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Does anyone know WHY this happens?

I wish I could tell you. My mogul was pretty stock so I'm not really sure what it was. I guess since in a sense its a mini-computer it will havecomputer type problems. Sucks tho.

Forgot to mention with the picture mail program I sent to a few of you. Once installed, click menu, setting, and put in your picture mail password (if you have one) and you should be able to send pictures.

Good looks on this. You know if it works on other smartphones? My friend has the 6700 and another has the TMobile Wing

Forgot to mention with the picture mail program I sent to a few of you. Once installed, click menu, setting, and put in your picture mail password (if you have one) and you should be able to send pictures.

Good looks on this. You know if it works on other smartphones? My friend has the 6700 and another has the TMobile Wing
Not sure...

You just got a bad phone probably. How long have you had it?

ive had it since jan. when my previous phone kirked out on me. it had a few issues. but i figured it was a result of the third party htc customizer. itwould lose sound, freeze up etc...

Back
Top Bottom