MOLD ON JORDAN XI CLEAR SOLE??????

i was looking at my stored away XI's yesterday and i came across this! 
frown.gif

183159_10100479641082300_7900497_68244259_7987378_n.jpg

these are my anniversary XI's. the shoe is practically deadstock except for these mini patches of mold. i have no idea how this happend. all my other XI's are still ds and fine. i wore these once. lightly. i dont understand. this happen to anyone else before? is this cleanable?

i was looking at my stored away XI's yesterday and i came across this! 
frown.gif

183159_10100479641082300_7900497_68244259_7987378_n.jpg

these are my anniversary XI's. the shoe is practically deadstock except for these mini patches of mold. i have no idea how this happend. all my other XI's are still ds and fine. i wore these once. lightly. i dont understand. this happen to anyone else before? is this cleanable?

From the pics... looks like you stepped on a broken pen. If it is mold, disinfect your soles brah!

From the pics... looks like you stepped on a broken pen. If it is mold, disinfect your soles brah!

try cleaning with hot water and some indoor sun. some bleach w/ hot water as a last resort.

try cleaning with hot water and some indoor sun. some bleach w/ hot water as a last resort.

i been reading up and i might try to dab hydro peroxide on it, but i dont know if that will change the color or anything......if that doesnt work....then bleach it is i guess....its f-ed anyway if i cant get it out...never thought i would encounter something like this...doesnt make sense...they arent near any water source....it looks like it "spored" on there......just hellapissed because the shoes are in perfect condition, like right out of the box except for that smudge of @#$%!......

i been reading up and i might try to dab hydro peroxide on it, but i dont know if that will change the color or anything......if that doesnt work....then bleach it is i guess....its f-ed anyway if i cant get it out...never thought i would encounter something like this...doesnt make sense...they arent near any water source....it looks like it "spored" on there......just hellapissed because the shoes are in perfect condition, like right out of the box except for that smudge of @#$%!......

Originally Posted by kidstylez

Yeah man, a little discoloration is much better than having mold especially if you are storing them in a closed box. You are not the only one with this issue as it has been posted before so I am sure there are people out there who would like to know if any method u try works out.....

Originally Posted by kidstylez

Yeah man, a little discoloration is much better than having mold especially if you are storing them in a closed box. You are not the only one with this issue as it has been posted before so I am sure there are people out there who would like to know if any method u try works out.....

I think there was a post a while back and it was in fact mold. I'd use some bathroom tile cleaner on a paper towel. That should get it right off.

I think there was a post a while back and it was in fact mold. I'd use some bathroom tile cleaner on a paper towel. That should get it right off.

Is that on the actual surface or under the mold? Can't really tell....

If it's on the surface and u can clean it, may I suggested using rubbing alcohol? If you use bleach, there's a chance it might damage it.

Is that on the actual surface or under the mold? Can't really tell....

If it's on the surface and u can clean it, may I suggested using rubbing alcohol? If you use bleach, there's a chance it might damage it.

Back
Top Bottom