Mom says she makes her 5-year-old pay rent. Is 5-years-old too young to pay rent?

I'm sure she gives an allowance, but I am not buying this life lesson stuff that she concocted for FB

It's a work brother

I thought about it but I wasn’t gonna say it. Even if is a stunt I’m not going bring down a black persons trying to instill financial prowess in their children. Someone else might like the idea and actually do it.

What’s the father pov
giphy.gif

Why is this a “boom”?
Because where is the fathers opinion in all this?
Interested in hearing his opinion. And if it’s a single parent home that puts a slight twist to perspective and circumstance. As I can see the mother overcompensating due to trying to play both roles.

kid gonna grow up thinking that rent should be $5/ week and that you get all of your “rent” back when you move out. sad!

Seen a lot of similar situations in the black community including my own childhood. My mother didn't even let he finish high school because she wanted me to keep working and giving her all my money. This one of the reasons so many black kids grow up and don't give a damn about their mothers. If you chose to bring another life in this world it's your job to be financially responsible for them for at least 18 years..imo

This probably one of the REALIST paragraphs I’ve ever read on NT! Salute to you bruh!

My old girl put my dad on child support, she whound up having to get a second job, once I turned 18.

A single mothers biggest fear is when all her children turn 18, and can leave the nest.

Like I said.... it’s SOUNDS good :lol: Until ol girl starts to grow a lip on her and feel entitled.

Ma Dukes bout to stick the “Eviction” notice on the bathroom mirror.

This is why parents fail. If you teach your kid from the jump that life is all about extrinsic motivation you are crippling them.

Parents really need to let kids be kids. The world they are growing up in already creates perfectionism and anxiety. Teach kids to enjoy life by letting them have a variety of experiences. Don’t let them waste. Don’t let them treat you, themselves, or others with disrespect.

Kids shouldn’t feel like they can buy their way into/out of life.

Interested in hearing his opinion. And if it’s a single parent home that puts a slight twist to perspective and circumstance. As I can see the mother overcompensating due to trying to play both roles.

Go on and ask him...

She literally says SHARE THIS ON YOUR TIMELINE at the end of the post :lol:

The game is the game

“..For other mothers to see”

If you gonna quote something, quote the whole thing.

All I know is I hope she invests that money, to teach her daughter the power of compound interest instead of letting it whither away to inflation.

Real talk I don't think I knew the importance of $ at 5 years old :lol: I think this is a cool practice by the mother.

Dumb *** mom needs a man to tell her she doin too much.

I don’t think it’s spiritual healthy to instill Machiavellian like mindsets into children this age.

All I know is I hope she invests that money, to teach her daughter the power of compound interest instead of letting it whither away to inflation.

She should cop her daughter some ETH and VEN

Gentlemen, let’s have a talk. School me on the market. I literally just started taking it seriously earlier this week.

Started with small auto-deposits with Robo-Advisors. Went aggressive with Betterment, and Conservative with Wealthfront.

Will use these until I learn more about the market, so I can control where it “should” go.

Gentlemen, let’s have a talk. School me on the market. I literally just started taking it seriously earlier this week.

Started with small auto-deposits with Robo-Advisors. Went aggressive with Betterment, and Conservative with Wealthfront.

Will use these until I learn more about the market, so I can control where it “should” go.

Come to the crypto thread, lets not derail this one.

Peep the first page in that thread tho, a lot if great info and vids.

Back
Top Bottom