Monster Friends and Family sale! BEATS BY DRE!!!

I just got my Solos today. The control talk wire is shot but the actually headphone is great. Luckily the wire between the studios and solos are interchangeable. I'm calling monster right now to exchange the wire.

I just got my Solos today. The control talk wire is shot but the actually headphone is great. Luckily the wire between the studios and solos are interchangeable. I'm calling monster right now to exchange the wire.

i noticed that when i listen to music on my laptop it sounds way better than coming out of my ipod...studios..

i noticed that when i listen to music on my laptop it sounds way better than coming out of my ipod...studios..

Since I missed out I'll just go through my friend at Best Buy, works out to be the same.

Since I missed out I'll just go through my friend at Best Buy, works out to be the same.

Originally Posted by alan713

Originally Posted by maicolkickhead

got my turbines today

is the left ear bud suppose to be louder than the right?
mine are......should i send them back?
Try pushing them a little further in your ear. My turbines I got last year has been doing this from day 1 on the right side until I push it a little and hear a little crackle (in the tips) and they are perfect. I finally got my studios and I've been using them for a couple of hours now, I must say; I still prefer my turbines over the studios. Guess I'm an idiot for buying the studios thinking they'll blow my socks, should have copped back up pairs of turbines. Oh yeah, turbines are better than tours not even by a little either. You can tell the difference when you test them out side by side. Overall I'm still satisfied with my purchase, the studios for 150 is a deal, but I still prefer the sound quality delivered by the turbines. I know, I know; one is a earbud and the other is a headphone. Still, sound wise the turbines have got my vote over anything on the Dre line besides the Pro's because I've never owned or tested those. Anyone own the pros? I'm curious to how those sound and how much better they are from the studios.
thanks but i think theres something wrong with the right ear bud

for those that got a messed up pair and exchanged for another pair was the second pair in good working condition?
im not trying to send these back just to get another messed up pair

Originally Posted by alan713

Originally Posted by maicolkickhead

got my turbines today

is the left ear bud suppose to be louder than the right?
mine are......should i send them back?
Try pushing them a little further in your ear. My turbines I got last year has been doing this from day 1 on the right side until I push it a little and hear a little crackle (in the tips) and they are perfect. I finally got my studios and I've been using them for a couple of hours now, I must say; I still prefer my turbines over the studios. Guess I'm an idiot for buying the studios thinking they'll blow my socks, should have copped back up pairs of turbines. Oh yeah, turbines are better than tours not even by a little either. You can tell the difference when you test them out side by side. Overall I'm still satisfied with my purchase, the studios for 150 is a deal, but I still prefer the sound quality delivered by the turbines. I know, I know; one is a earbud and the other is a headphone. Still, sound wise the turbines have got my vote over anything on the Dre line besides the Pro's because I've never owned or tested those. Anyone own the pros? I'm curious to how those sound and how much better they are from the studios.
thanks but i think theres something wrong with the right ear bud

for those that got a messed up pair and exchanged for another pair was the second pair in good working condition?
im not trying to send these back just to get another messed up pair

^If by "leak" you mean people around you can hear your music, then i agree. I've had my Solos for a couple weeks now and that's really the only thing i don't like about them. I don't wanna be that guy with the loud $+# music in a library or something
laugh.gif

^If by "leak" you mean people around you can hear your music, then i agree. I've had my Solos for a couple weeks now and that's really the only thing i don't like about them. I don't wanna be that guy with the loud $+# music in a library or something
laugh.gif

got my solos today but the sound is off on my phone and off in a different way on my P.C.  .. It's either the beat bangs but the audio is either or lower or very distorted... or the beat and the audio are on the same level but equally distorted ... Would anyone know why?

Thanks in advance ...

Edit ::: Do I need to DL a new music player w/ an equalizer for my phone (which is an HTC BTW)?

got my solos today but the sound is off on my phone and off in a different way on my P.C.  .. It's either the beat bangs but the audio is either or lower or very distorted... or the beat and the audio are on the same level but equally distorted ... Would anyone know why?

Thanks in advance ...

Edit ::: Do I need to DL a new music player w/ an equalizer for my phone (which is an HTC BTW)?

@Q: if you're someone who really cares how your music sounds id def go with the Turbines. Actually, id invest in a pair of Turbine Pros or the Miles Davis joints.
@alan713: that crackle you've been hearing is actually a defective driver, I know exactly what ur talking about.
@GFlower8: The Turbines actually have more than enough bass. If you're not experiencing this, u either have a problem with getting a perfect seal or you need to play a round with the EQ. As far as seal goes, the turbines are completely closed, so when u insert them into your ears, the air pressure kinda compresses the driver andthis muffles the sound.

@Q: if you're someone who really cares how your music sounds id def go with the Turbines. Actually, id invest in a pair of Turbine Pros or the Miles Davis joints.
@alan713: that crackle you've been hearing is actually a defective driver, I know exactly what ur talking about.
@GFlower8: The Turbines actually have more than enough bass. If you're not experiencing this, u either have a problem with getting a perfect seal or you need to play a round with the EQ. As far as seal goes, the turbines are completely closed, so when u insert them into your ears, the air pressure kinda compresses the driver andthis muffles the sound.

Originally Posted by br00klynrebel

So is the defective driver something I should worry about? How does a driver become defective?

Originally Posted by br00klynrebel

So is the defective driver something I should worry about? How does a driver become defective?

^ from my experience with IEMs, its what happens in the explanation I gave to GFlower8 about getting a seal and the compression of the driver. To me it's a problem cause I couldn't stand the muffled sound when I inserted the earphone and id have to fidget with it to get the earphone to play properly. I'm not new to high end earphones so I make use of my warranty. Just call them up and tell them that its cutting on and off. They'll arrange for u to get a new pair...I mean that's if u can't stand it as much as I did. I CAN'T STAND ONE SIDE BEING LOWER THAN THE OTHER.

Back
Top Bottom