MonsterVerse Thread = Godzilla VS Kong : Out Now On HBO MaX & Theaters

My boy got picked for an advance screening on wednesday in Time square and I didn't.  I am very salty 
mean.gif

I was 8 when the 97 Godzilla came out, so I loved it at the time. Watching it as an adult though :x Movie could've been taken care of in 5 minutes. Only 2 F-16s and a pile of fish were needed to stop Godzilla, but instead they waited until Godzilla took out half of NYC and the US Army

Speaking of the pile of fish, Godzilla was portrayed as an intelligent creature. This dude lives in the @$@$@@ water and eats fish 24/7, yet it falls for that "trap"? (or am I thinking of the wrong movie?)

Last edited:
Yea, the 97 movie was pretty bad. I still enjoyed watching it recently for some reason. Just one of those cheesy movies you can't turn away from.

Oh and another thing, Godzilla took the time to swim from Japan, around South America, and all the way to NYC before deciding to destroy @#$% and lay eggs???

It's not far fetched for animals to travel around the world to lay eggs. It is far fetched to choose a sports stadium in Nyc though lol

Wasn't it just a giant iguana though? Iguanas like warm, tropical climates, but dude showed up in what seemed like the winter in NYC

SF being the first American city Godzilla showed up to would've made more sense, but I guess they chose NYC since there's more skyscrapers to destroy

Last edited:
Just saw the film and I've been avoiding this thread due to accidental spoilers. This was easily the best movie I've seen / will see all year. I have zero qualms with this movie and IMO, the two hours went by really fast. You guys will definitely enjoy the film.

the 3D glasses from the media screening had these add-ons:
View media item 967903

Just saw the film and I've been avoiding this thread due to accidental spoilers. This was easily the best movie I've seen / will see all year. I have zero qualms with this movie and IMO, the two hours went by really fast. You guys will definitely enjoy the film.
this is great news 
smokin.gif
  saturday can't come fast enough

^
4 or 5 stars?

5 stars.. of course this is my own personal opinion, but I got the same vibe as when I watched: Jurassic Park, Cloverfield, and Pacific Rim. If you liked any of those movies, I think it's a safe bet that you'll enjoy Godzilla. Wish I could talk to more people about it, but don't want to spoil anything

5 stars.. of course this is my own personal opinion, but I got the same vibe as when I watched: Jurassic Park, Cloverfield, and Pacific Rim. If you liked any of those movies, I think it's a safe bet that you'll enjoy Godzilla. Wish I could talk to more people about it, but don't want to spoil anything

I'm all types of confused.

Jurassic Park is a classic. Cloverfield was pure garbage.

Back
Top Bottom