MonsterVerse Thread = Godzilla VS Kong : Out Now On HBO MaX & Theaters

Looks like they went all-out with the summer blockbuster movie vibes from this trailer compared to how the previous movies felt. Weird it comes out next month already but I'll be there opening night. Totally forgot I saw the last one on HBO at home:lol:

Looks so dumb. Someone mentioned the buddy cop thing.

Guess Kong gets his arm mangled by that razor whip. Glad they didn’t show that giant stegosaurus or whatever. Leaves some surprise. I’ll give them props for the Mecha Godzilla twist last time.

Theirs images (from toys) of whatever that thing that shot at Kong is. I'm sure it'll look much more impressive on screen but I'd much rather they incorporate some of the original adversaries

Thanks to toy leaks, we know conceptually what the second new character looks like:

IMG_0122.jpeg
IMG_0121.jpeg

We just don’t know about the scale and how menacing it is.

I'm calling it now. Kong and Godzilla gonna do the fusion technique in the 3rd act of the movie. That's how they beat the big bad boss.

Thanks to toy leaks, we know conceptually what the second new character looks like:

We just don’t know about the scale and how menacing it is.

Lw look like a wokezilla

Kinda crazy to think this is canon to the 2014 Godzilla…. That 2014 movie was so awesome, I love the thriller/horror approach they took.

Kinda crazy to think this is canon to the 2014 Godzilla…. That 2014 movie was so awesome, I love the thriller/horror approach they took.
The 2014 was definitely the best of the American released Godzilla movies. It’s actually been downhill since. They just haven’t written good human portions and interesting storylines.

Minus One is like the gold standard if you want to go beyond the corny dude in a rubber suit and brain dead action movie formula we’ve seen in Transformers and Godzilla movies. Hoping Kong and Godzilla go there separate ways for a lil bit.

The 2014 was definitely the best of the American released Godzilla movies. It’s actually been downhill since. They just haven’t written good human portions and interesting storylines.

One thing I will give this Monsteverse credit for is how they segue characters pretty nicely before they can overstay their welcome.

I liked Monarch but have 0 desire to watch New Empire in a theater. Just looks ridiculous to me

My daughter got into these Godzilla movies after seeing Minus One and we binged all the recent movies this past weekend. It was obvious this franchise has kind of made a F&F pivot from tense monster films of the two origin films compared to being full fledged Avengers/F&F-type films now. It is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom